my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Just bought a new house...YIKES!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just bought a new house...YIKES!
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted June 30, 2006 11:29     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just signed all the paperwork for the offer. We live in a new development and just sort of outgrew our current house. Plus they built a bunch of houses behind us WAY TOO CLOSE. I can sit in my kitchen and watch the new neighbours making their dinner. Fuck that. We've only been here for 3 years. We were looking to build, but too much hassle.

Then just around the corner they were building a house pretty much exactly what we wanted. Bigger rooms for the kids, bigger house overall, bigger lot and I get to build a project studio and a workshop in the basement! That's what sold me on it.

The problem is, we will be moving in on August 20th. That means all of my summer plans are fucked. I have to pack away a bunch of my gear and shit in my music room (for when our agent shows this house to prospective buyers), and there's going to be an open house on MY FUCKING BIRTHDAY! My holidays from work are going to be spent showing the house and packing when the plan all along was to finish recording the 11 tracks for an album that I'VE BEEN TRYING TO RELEASE FOR 5 FUCKING YEARS! Just when I think I'm going to have some time to work on it...BLAM! Something else comes up. *sigh*
I want the house, but the studio won't be ready when we move in, coz the builders want to charge way too much. So I have a buddy who does construction who I'm going to hire to do it. I ain't no Bob Villa, and I want it done right, so I won't touch it. I'm hoping to get the studio room done by September 15th, but if he's got other jobs already booked...it just throws everything up in the air AGAIN.

Sorry 'bout the rant. Just had to vent. I think I have a name for the album...

TIME IS THE ENEMY

I'll post some pics of the new place under construction later this weekend for y'all.

|  IP: Logged
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 30, 2006 12:22     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i rent a place that is being sold. i found out when i got up one morning and there was a sign on the front lawn. so there are open houses in a place i don't own which means i get nada out of it being shown, it just disrupts my life. i am not moving out until next june (that's when my lease is up) because i had no advance notice that the landlord was thinking about selling and my schedule doesn't accomodate moving this summer. to top it off, i don't even know where i'm going to move to! see, your life's not that bad.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 30, 2006 13:04     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ahhh, the thrill of buying a new home. Just out of curiousity do Canadians use escrow companies or attorneys for closings?
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 30, 2006 13:11     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
attorneys (conveyancing).
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted June 30, 2006 13:24     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
do Canadians use escrow companies or attorneys for closings?

What other Metal Fansite brings up such intellectual pontification? I keep coming back to this line to see if Mez is doing some sort of clever flirt thing with Nia using legal words. In my mind, Mez is wearing red braces and a Gordon the Gecko suit. He is stretching out the red braces with just his thumbs. It would be wrong to outline the costume that Nia is wearing, in my head.

Nuke, you have my sympathy - when I sold my last house I had my studio not only packed away but the boxes had to be hidden, and all my guitars sent to my Dad's place. I felt like some kind of fucking normal person with a normal house, for six months!

It's worth it in the end, though. My new studio is way better! Only trouble is, I bought 2 guitars this week and I don't know where I'm gonna put them. I don't need 18 guitars. But that PRS looks & plays so damn good!

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted June 30, 2006 14:36     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Congrats on the house, Nuke! I can't wait till the day that I don't have to rent anymore.

And Nia, having to move when it's not your choice sucks too. I'm in the same boat and then some.....

My husband and I rent the basement apartment in his father & stepmother's home and they just put it up for sale a couple of months ago. Luckily, so far for us, it hasn't even got an offer! Plus, now we are in the middle of a week-long stand off with them about some very serious personal and business issues with them (we both work at his dad's company) and we don't even have a lease. Now, the brunt of the problem is the step-mom, who seems to call all the shots and gets what she wants by manipulating my father-in-law to not have to do the dirty work herself. She is a very vindictive and selfish person who has never liked her step-son and now me, so we don't feel very safe right now. Who knows what she'll try if we can't work out our differences....which are really the in-laws' unfair, rude, inconsiderate and disrpectful treatment of us. By the way, they have three other daughters who in no way get treated the way we do.

Damn, sorry....thanks for not hunting me down and killing me for having spilled all my personal bullshit on ya'll!!

I just have one more thing to say: I LOVE MY FAMILY!!!! Slug and Luna, please pass that on to everyone

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 30, 2006 15:19     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Congrats on the novi Doma, Nuc!
It sucks about things being so fucked up right now but hang in there.
Once you are in the new place and all set...then it will be much better for you and the family.
You will see.

Hypergrrl...Wow! Is there any way you can move out somewhere? Get a new Apartment?
Why not relocate to another part of the country?
I know its easier said than done.
Save your Dollars and get the hell away from that spider's web.
You and hubby deserve to be together in peace without all the crap.
Forgive me if i have overspoken here.
Just dont want nothing bad to happen to Slug's Sista.

We are working on building a whole new house here.
Its rough because all the laws here are fucked.
Since Yugoslavia fell apart and the wars...all the Land documents are a mess.
We own most of the land on the mountanside here...as proveable by Yugoslav Documents,
but its a whole process to get the Croatian Government to make those Official.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 30, 2006 17:46     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Congratulations man...

I might be living in my house alone in the near future with my wife telling me she wants to get a devorce. Fuck it. Maybe we are better off when we are not together?! But seeying Mille and Giyan, my two sons only in the weekend gives me tears.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted June 30, 2006 18:10     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You guys make owning a home sound very depressing. Good thing I'll never be able to afford one around here. Anyone have a extra $600,000 laying around that I can have? I have my eye on a nice, little 500 sq.ft. condo.
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 30, 2006 18:58     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Zounds!

Uhm...if ever Mr. Luna and I breakup, I'd be the one looking for another place to live...this thread is depressing as hell.

haha...I love my sister!

Sorry to hear bout that Paul...Nia...NucVamp..etc.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted June 30, 2006 19:28     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn! What the hell is up with all the chaos?? Paul, I sure hope it all works out for you!!! Kula, good luck with the Gov't and thanks for your support, no offense taken at all. Anthony, you're in the Bay Area right? I remember when it was cheap to live in the Mission!

Love you too, Luna!

Positive vibrations to everyone

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 30, 2006 20:10     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DAMN... y'all just made me feel like my life is a bowl of cherries.

Once you get yuour new house, you'll realize all the bullshit was worth it and life will begin again.

I've been workin like crazy landscaping around my house for the last month+ and it's coming along nicely. still lots to do but I love knowing IT'S MINE. I'll never rent again, and I have my exwife to thank for making me see the light on that issue. I love being a homeowner... headaches and all.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE

--------------------

yawn

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted July 01, 2006 05:15     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, thank you all. This thread has taken a turn unexpected, didn't it?

My wife and i are still on speaking terms, i hope this is the basis for going on. Some things (agreements) in the past were just forgotten about. My wife can't stand certain things about me no more. I feel like i am on the edge, if you know what i mean. She makes me feel it is all about me. Now she says she has to work on herself also.. He, he, there is a beginning.

If things don't turn out the right way i have some good things to look forward too:
Listening to Metal all day through, drink as much as i want every day eat fat food everyday, don't brush my teeth cos'i don't kiss people no more... Goto bed very late. Get up very late. I can start up gambling again, i can finally start smoking weed, something i have been wanting for decades. Calling myself sick for work. Mmmm, all nice things indeed.

Is this what i really want? Does this make my life any better? Don't think so. Will give it another try.

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 01, 2006 08:20     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahahah.......good luck with the wife Paul. What? She doesn't let you listen to metal all day??? And she makes you brush your teeth? Life has got to be hell!
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 01, 2006 09:28     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh Paul...you're just gonna let it all hang out, huh? That is fuckin' funny bout the brushing your teeth...wth? haha.

My favourite vvf must keep it together.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan