my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Interview with Snake on Metal-Rules.com

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Interview with Snake on Metal-Rules.com
Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted June 26, 2006 20:55     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Interview witth Snake on Metal-Rules.com HERE

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 26, 2006 21:39     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is best interview I've read recently about the current state of the band. Two really important statements made.
First here:

" think we already had offers from guitar players who understand the circumstances and say ‘whatever you decide’…you know. We are thinking about it, maybe a replacement. As long as it’s Piggy’s music because we have so much material, we have a lot more material hidden in those boxes and I’m sure were can work with these somehow. As long as it’s Piggy’s music I think we can call ourselves VoiVod still and keep going even if it’s somebody else playing. We’ve got to think about stuff like that, it’s weird. But we are not sure yet, it’s still up in the air. We know it would be a big task to replace Piggy, it’s not going to be easy."

Then another one about the acoustic stuff:

"I’ve read that there are a number of Piggy’s acoustic or clean guitar recordings as well. Is this something the band might release, or is it not really VoiVod material?

I think it’s a bit personal to be released…the entire thing. It’s really tough because on the original thing, you can hear him breathing and he was really sick. There is good playing but sometimes he…he was on morphine, so it’s a bit too personal to deliver it like that. But there are some good moments of lucidity and it’s really…wow, freaky, and flying. It’s just like…my god, it gets really deep. At one point, it’s tough to listen to this so we’re not sure about it."

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted June 26, 2006 21:41     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That'd kinda make me sad, but if it truly makes Michel, Denis and Jason happy, who am I to protest? Sigh.
VsGreg
VoivodFan
Member # 14

posted June 27, 2006 11:14     Profile for VsGreg   Email VsGreg     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
just to mention I did an interview with Snake in the Last issue of french HARD ROCK MAGAZINE with a small interview of E-Force too.

I will try to scan it when I get my copy !
regards

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted June 28, 2006 14:18     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Were the 10 songs on KATORZ the most developed of the ones you were working on, or are the forthcoming ones as developed?

"Well they’re pretty much developed. We didn’t choose the songs, we just picked up the ones that had bass lines on them because it happened that Piggy had went to Chophouse (studio) at one point. So they were looking for bass lines on the tracks. Jason was playing on the porch with his 10-watt and Piggy was recording. Jason would say “are you cool with that Piggy?” and he’d say “yeah, cool, keep ‘er” and they’d move on. They did 10 tracks, and we picked up those 10 with the bass line on it because Jason couldn’t redo the tracks, the other tracks, because he had an operation on his shoulder. So back then, he couldn’t go back to the studio so we decided to pick up the 10 with bass lines one them. It was by chance that we ended up with those particular songs."

So the bass parts never were redone in the studio after-all. Wow.

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 28, 2006 22:49     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pretty damn impress for a demo with bass coming thru a 10 watt amy... Robinson did a fantasic job beefing it up also.

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan