my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » "Katorz" review on The Metal Observer ...WTF? (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: "Katorz" review on The Metal Observer ...WTF?
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted July 08, 2006 14:04     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In Aardschok Mag. 8 people give their ratings from 1 to 10. When a band gets a 4 by someone and a 9 by another Aarschok gives reviews of both. The best 10 cd's of the month appear in a special listing called 10 x eremaal (metal of honour). Hope that Voivod is in that listing next month....

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

|  IP: Logged
code
VoivodFan
Member # 192

posted July 10, 2006 11:46     Profile for code   Email code     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Simon6:

What do the insiders think, what is the difference between Katorz and the one before ?

Hehe...which one is better ?

The production is very different. Katorz is much more dirtier. Sometimes everything is distorted except the drums. There are some more complex songs on Katorz as well which reminds me a bit of Dimension, Nothinface era (Dognation, No Angel.) Some songs sounds very new (Mr.Clean) and some sound punkish (The Getaway) Some songs are pretty basic and could have been on S/t (Odds and Frauds, After All, Polaroids.)
I think Katorz is the better album of the two. And "No Angel" is the best Voivod song in many, many years imo.

--------------------

Tonight we celebrate!

Simon6
VoivodFan
Member # 187

posted July 11, 2006 01:05     Profile for Simon6   Email Simon6     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, sounds really promising, thanks for your answers. Can't wait for this thing.

"My point of view that's for sure
Was septic and insecure
Evolution isn't a shame
Each member stays in the game
You better shake up your mind
Coz if you're just staying blind
Integrity you won't find"

Hehehe...............

--------------------

What the...?

Jon
VoivodFan
Member # 830

posted July 12, 2006 18:17     Profile for Jon   Email Jon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
www.bandeapart.fm

if you go there on july 27th you'lll get to hear katorz

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan