my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Anybody see this Newstead interview?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anybody see this Newstead interview?
Thanos
VoivodFan
Member # 174

posted June 24, 2006 21:58     Profile for Thanos   Email Thanos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Apologies if it's old news; http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1534239/20060613/index.jhtml?headlines=true

For those of you who don't want to read through all the Supernova crap, here are the Voivod-specific quotes;
"Newsted plans to enter the studio with Voivod in early 2007 to record the last batch of tunes by their late guitarist, Denis "Piggy" D'Amour"
"It's a good chance to really pimp some serious Voivod and also my studio, Chophouse," he said. "The first show airs July 5, and Voivod's new album, Katorz, comes out July 25. So I'll certainly be wearing some Voivod clothing during the weeks leading up to the release of the record and following its release, and I'll be mentioning the band in various appearances."

Things could always change, but at this point Newsted doesn't seem to be thinking that much about the long-term potential for Supernova — he's more interested in how the TV show can promote Voivod.

"Really, you can't buy this kind of publicity," he concluded. "Somewhere between 20 and 40 million people around the globe will watch this show every week. If I got together with the guys in Metallica and we put all our money together to advertise, it still wouldn't come close to what they're spending to plug this show, which is backed by Verizon, Microsoft and Honda.

"We got invited to play a private party for Bill Gates a couple days ago: That's how crazy this world is," he laughed. "And that's a chance for me to wear a Voivod shirt in front of these mother----ers. So, I'm liking this. I'm liking this a lot."

Good to see his heart is in the right place.

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 25, 2006 08:28     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
newsted is a cool mutha... no doubt about it

--------------------

yawn

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 25, 2006 11:48     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yes, i totally agree

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted June 25, 2006 15:05     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now that Bill Gates knows about Voivod, Microsoft is going to come out with a cheaper, poorer-sounding version of Voivod.
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted June 25, 2006 19:10     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted June 26, 2006 04:44     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey:
Now that Bill Gates knows about Voivod, Microsoft is going to come out with a cheaper, poorer-sounding version of Voivod.

Now, now...

I think the obvious historical progression of windows start-up signiture tunes could lead us to: Eno; Fripp(for the latest OS); Piggy...

It could happen, but it probably won't.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan