my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Who's going to Wacken this year?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who's going to Wacken this year?
KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted June 18, 2006 06:10     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm looking forward to seeing Emperor and Celtic Frost amongst others. Saw Celtic Frost on their final tour of the UK over 15 years back - Even managed to get them to sign my Vanity/Nemesis LP! They were feasting on the local delicacy (kebabs) at the time

--------------------

Hail Santa...

|  IP: Logged
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted June 18, 2006 22:27     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnickerZohnonnof:
I'm looking forward to seeing Emperor and Celtic Frost amongst others. Saw Celtic Frost on their final tour of the UK over 15 years back - Even managed to get them to sign my Vanity/Nemesis LP! They were feasting on the local delicacy (kebabs) at the time

Dude, that's "Whacked!!!"

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted June 19, 2006 02:28     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll be wackin here in a minute, thanks for asking!

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 23, 2006 02:54     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Should be going!
Don't have ticket yet though.

--------------------

String em up

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 23, 2006 09:31     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What a lineup they've got this year! It'd be totally worth the money for me...(especially if the villainess was gonna be there) Always wanted to go to Wacken......
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 23, 2006 09:37     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Seriously thinking about it... don't think funds will allow. Athiest playing too.... tempting as fuck!
Bilibaldus
VoivodFan
Member # 798

posted June 23, 2006 16:26     Profile for Bilibaldus   Email Bilibaldus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This year I head into Headbangers open air festival... I just heard that my favorite Hobbs Angel of Death has cancelled the show... So that pisses me off but after all Metal church and few other great bands in there.
Headbangers

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted July 15, 2006 17:34     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Awwww... go on h
Lyc you goin???

--------------------

String em up

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted July 15, 2006 17:49     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bilibaldus:
This year I head into Headbangers open air festival... I just heard that my favorite Hobbs Angel of Death has cancelled the show... So that pisses me off but after all Metal church and few other great bands in there.
Headbangers

Korpiklaani and Ulysses Siren are very cool. Girlschool? Holy shit, I didn't know they were still around!

marco
VoivodFan
Member # 34

posted July 24, 2006 05:36     Profile for marco   Email marco     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I will be there from friday 04/08 can't wait to see Atheist and Celtic Frost. For others VVfans interested: could we arrange to meet toegether somewhere in the concert area?
KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted August 08, 2006 12:02     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What a great weekend!

Didn't go on the Thursday, watching MSG and the scorps is not high on my list of "must-see" bands. Decided to get pissed on the Reeperbahn instead, much nicer

Good Bands:

Mystic Circle (big suprise), Wintersun, Nevermore, Soilwork, Korpiklaani, Celtic Frost, Amon Amarth, Vried, Aborted, Arch Enemy, Morbid Angel, Fear Factory, Atheist, Emperor and Motorhead. Sadly I dodn't get to see Finntroll cos my coach left as they started. My mate did cos he camped and said they were brilliant.

Bad bands:

Danko Jones, what a crock of shit!. Legion Of The Damned were formulaic as hell, bored me to tears. Caliban did nothing for me at all but the low point had to be Whitesnake, truly awful. Hated every minute of it.

If I haven't mentioned a band they either did ok or were missed - there were lots of clashes so it wasn't possible to see some. The one that really clashed for me was Metal Church but Aborted were so good I couldn't leave them!

Good times:

Morbid Angel and Atheist moshpits were full of nutters wanting some friendly violent fun. Lots of surfing and smiles. Got an Atheist drumstick thanks to a load of fellow nutters who I either spent time pushing and shoving with or hoisted skyward for a surf. They literally handed it to me, which I have to say was the coolest thing I experienced over the weekend. If you read this and you were one of them thanks for a truly excellent time! Motorhead were hilarious as normal, Korpiklaani were a great laugh too, the moshpit was full of nutters! Amon Amarth put on a great day-closer for Friday, looking forward to the new album soon. Also, hats off to Aborted who played a blinder and suprised everyone with a kick ass set.

Bad stuff:

Two things really - First, what were whitesnake doing at Wacken??? Still I suppose it was the perfect time to have some food Second, Emperor fans just have to be the biggest bunch of lame assed wankers I have ever seen. Pulling down crowd surfers, stopping mospits by crowding them out - what is their malfunction? I had one such individual in front of me stood like a statue looking as though his world was about to end. He looked in utter disdain at those of us who wanted to liven it up a bit so I 'got him involved' in any moshes that started as often as I could He hated every moment of it lol!!!! But on a more serious note I saw one crowd surfer downed in a pretty nasty fashion when someone literally jumped up in the air and brought him down by slam dunking him. Don't know if the victim was ok or not but the prick who did it seemed very pleased with his work. So I made sure he 'got involved' in a few moshes as well which I'm sure pleased him no end

Band, or more accurately bands of the weekend were Celtic Frost and Atheist, with Morbid Angel not far behind. My mates didn't even have Celtic Frost on their list to see but came away utterly blown away by the sheer power of their performance. They were inspired and left a lasting impression on a lot of people from what I saw. Atheist - well, they were just totally on the money and played a blinder and the crowd were brilliant to boot - a total contrast to Emperor's spoilt brat fans.

Overall though an excellent weekend!

--------------------

Hail Santa...

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 08, 2006 13:33     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnickerZohnonnof:
He looked in utter disdain at those of us who wanted to liven it up a bit so I 'got him involved' in any moshes that started as often as I could

'got him involved'-hahahaha...excellent. I was wondering if anyone from here had made it to Wacken. After watching the WOA footage in Sam Dunn's dvd, which looked fuckin' fun btw...had to know how it went this year. Thanks for sharing.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Bilibaldus
VoivodFan
Member # 798

posted August 08, 2006 14:28     Profile for Bilibaldus   Email Bilibaldus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:

Korpiklaani and Ulysses Siren are very cool. Girlschool? Holy shit, I didn't know they were still around!

Yep Ulysses Siren was f**kin amazing! I did saw them 2 times. Holy Moses did kick ass and Girlschool, Blitzkrieg, Satan, Master, Trinakrius and and and so so so many great bands was at Headbangers open air.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan