my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Live - Tuttlingen - 1987

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Live - Tuttlingen - 1987
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 05, 2006 15:17     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Got a question. Found this Killing Technology era gig at Soulseek, check it out:

http://rapidshare.de/files/22296756/Voivod-Live_Tuttlingen_1987-192_kbps.zip.html

My question is: I don't remember it coming from here (or at least I didn't download it at the time). Was it posted at the media section? Do you guys have it?

Anyway, for the ones that don't, the sound quality is kinda good, so be my guest and have a blast!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

|  IP: Logged
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted June 06, 2006 08:52     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I dont remember if its one of those I sent to Warcprose a while back...
anyway I do believe this might be made from that show I ripped from a video like 3 years ago... the show is ibcomplete but rather cool...
its has not been circulating much and like I said, it was originally taken from a video...
date is Tuttlingen, Germany 07 november 1987...

--------------------

I hear the things you say but tell me...
what do you mean?

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted June 06, 2006 09:15     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It has been in the media section once, like 2 years ago. There's also a bootleg dvdr going around but while the quality is incredible, the show is incomplete (cuts during Live For Violence).

Some screen shots:

(the menu I made for it, the version i found had no menu or chapters)

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted June 06, 2006 14:43     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You know those supercars that look like they're going 150mph even when they're not actually moving?

That picture of Blacky looks like he's moshing completely out of time. But: he still looks cool as fuck!!

Actually he looks like a Lego-man with it's head missing.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Diamanda
VoivodFan
Member # 604

posted June 09, 2006 03:07     Profile for Diamanda   Email Diamanda     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey guys thx a lot for the link!!!!

this was my second Voivod gig, at this show i get to know Piggy

--------------------

It's too late
Korgull rules the earth!!!

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted June 09, 2006 04:38     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyone has that vhs(Atmooz?) Switzerland +/-60min.video?
in divx, avi, mpeg whatever.

my vcr fu**ed up the tape

Neverman?Warcorpse?Skul?

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted June 09, 2006 07:54     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I never even seen the Atmooz video.
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted June 20, 2006 05:12     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nunzfromzhellz:

Neverman?Warcorpse?Skul?

I do have this Atzmoos gig on vhs...

its 66 mins long as stated on my list...

picture quality is fine if memory serves well...

well, maybe its time I transferred some items of my collection to dvd... or maybe I can simply copy the vhs for those who've never seen the shit...

I'm still after a couple Voïvod items myself which I know do exist... see the Warriors of Ice section...

--------------------

what do you mean?

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 20, 2006 05:52     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nunzfromzhellz:

Neverman?Warcorpse?Skul?

Hi, i have it on DVD. My brother in law made it for me including very very nice artwork. I also have Paris and Noord Scharwoude, both of that same tour. But, in PAL !!

I gave copies to some people on this board a year ago but some body needs to get of their ass and put in on here somewhere so it'll be available to all.......

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 20, 2006 08:51     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
Hi Paul, I remember you gave me a stack of DVD shows a year or two ago, but at the time they did not work in either of my two home DVD players. I recently heard that computers stand a better chance of playing DVDs from far away lands, maybe I will try it on my laptop, see if that can play it.

Why you never told me? I could have tried fixing that.

--------------------

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted June 20, 2006 12:04     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
I gave copies to some people on this board a year ago but some body needs to get of their ass and put in on here somewhere so it'll be available to all.......

That somebody would be me, haha!

I sent these off to Skul after seeing his message earlier in this post. I also have a full set of these for Hex too which I need to send off, and I personally handed Blacky a copy of these when he was in Seattle on tour w/Priestess. So, they'll get seen. Sorry for being the bottleneck here everybody.

One concern I have (and I would think you all would share), is that most every video clip that gets posted on here has been burned to DVDr and posted on Ebay for sale which really sucks IMO. If these were watermarked "Voivodfan.com" I think that would at least help, but I've just not had the time to get to it.

I am set up to convert PAL to NTSC Jeff if you are really hurting man, but I suggest dishing out a few bucks for a machine that plays PAL and NTSC discs as it'll make your life a bit easier. I just bought a cheapo Philips machine for $45 that plays PAL discs no problem. I just cracked it so it's region free too, haha.
Best Buy Link (details)

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted June 20, 2006 12:05     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just got the Athmooz, Dekoog and Paris dvds. I'm gonna put a few tracks from those up soon, but not now, i'm in the middle of moving!

ANd an extra mega fucking THANKS! to sir x-d, too! hehe

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 20, 2006 16:56     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SO, moving is more important than Voivod ? Some fan you are !!!

Just joking, good luck on the move, hopefully everything you pack up will make it safely to you new destination.

Why don't we weed or vine these shows to each other instead of trying to load them onto a site for download. I'm sure lots of people here have slow modems and we wouldn't have to lose any quality by copying directly from the dvd... just a thought, I'll shut up now and mind my own buisness

--------------------

yawn

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted June 23, 2006 03:58     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
Why don't we weed or vine these shows to each other instead of trying to load them onto a site for download. I'm sure lots of people here have slow modems and we wouldn't have to lose any quality by copying directly from the dvd... just a thought, I'll shut up now and mind my own buisness

good point Schroeder!
I am among those who have slow modems and who dont want to lose any quality...
and I still need the Bochum '86 show which is in the download section... in audio, not MP3...

and this would also prevent some fukker to grab the whole things and post them for download on their site claiming it derives from an *unknown source*... it happened before with Hartford '87 which in no way could have surfaced from anywhere else than here...

well, I guess I'm no longer a true active member of this little community and will have to pass on this for now...

anyway, I still wish to donate some fine old 'Vod show, as its 20 years now since they did that tour in the US with the Frost... problem is that I cant upload things anymore so I will have to send a disc to someone who would be kind enough to host the shit...
anyone?

I was planning on one of those, or two...:
J. Robinson's YMCA, San Diego, CA - 15/06/1986
L'Amours, Brooklyn, NY - 28/06/1986
Seekers, Bradford, CT - 29/06/1986
Roxanne's, Hull (Ottawa), QC - 01/07/1986
1515 Bar, Québec City, QC - 02/07/1986
Concert Hall, Toronto, ON - 04/07/1986

some are already widely in circulation... all are about 40-45 mins, quality is in no way exceptional but still... personal fave is Québec 02/07/86...

btw, I was always figuring out that they might have played Montreal on 03/07/1986 but I could never find any hints about that show... did my imagination make it all up?
anyone?

--------------------

what do you mean?

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan