my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Cool audio interview with Away!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cool audio interview with Away!
bobrulez79
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 809

posted June 02, 2006 07:12     Profile for bobrulez79   Email bobrulez79     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi there,

I found this cool brand new audio interview with Away. http://www.toazted.com/interview/827/Voivod.html

Michel talks about the band, about Jason Newsted being back in the band and how Jason reacts on discussions about Metallica. Some cool news too: Jason will be part of a new TV series called "Supernova". A super band consists of him, Tommy Lee and Gilby Clarke are going to search a new singer! That show starts in July 2006! Only in America of course. (Interview recorded in May 2006)

Enjoy!

Greetz Bob

|  IP: Logged
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 02, 2006 08:04     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Very interesting comments about other guitarists. Andreas from Sepultura as a possible guest? Sounds like they can't even comprehend replacing Piggy. But if that one-off tribute show goes ahead, I'm fucking there.

Cheers for posting.

Nico
VoivodFan
Member # 567

posted June 02, 2006 08:47     Profile for Nico   Email Nico     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
supernova....away told me that when I interviewed him and snake last week...and added that anyway jason will be available for the piggy concert in montreal in november.

--------------------

PAIN MAKES ME STRONGER EVERYDAY

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted June 02, 2006 10:35     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can't listen to that interview but sounds very cool!

That Anyway guy from Voidvoid sure seems like a nice guy!

Nico
VoivodFan
Member # 567

posted June 02, 2006 11:42     Profile for Nico   Email Nico     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldororz:
That Anyway guy from Voidvoid sure seems like a nice guy!

he is,indeed

--------------------

Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted June 02, 2006 17:17     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Away mentioned that Jason would be wearing Voivod t-shirts on the Rock Star show... that's some pretty useful free advertising for the new album
code
VoivodFan
Member # 192

posted June 04, 2006 06:30     Profile for code   Email code     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seeate:
Away mentioned that Jason would be wearing Voivod t-shirts on the Rock Star show... that's some pretty useful free advertising for the new album

Thats damn cool! A very interesting interview i must say

--------------------

Tonight we celebrate!

Nanoman
VoivodFan
Member # 622

posted June 04, 2006 09:12     Profile for Nanoman   Email Nanoman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for posting this - interesting listen, and I hope that Jason decide that the remaining Piggy tracks (after the next 13 songs they release next year) are worth his time to finish up and release!
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 04, 2006 11:07     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
Very interesting comments about other guitarists. Andreas from Sepultura as a possible guest? Sounds like they can't even comprehend replacing Piggy.

Don't let the later-day Sepultura fool you, Andreas is a superb musician.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 05, 2006 09:24     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Don't get me wrong, my friend. I know the man can play. I just hadn't heard any mention of him before, and figured it was an interesting choice. I gotta work out a way to be in montreal when the tribute show happens!
Nico
VoivodFan
Member # 567

posted June 05, 2006 13:32     Profile for Nico   Email Nico     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
I gotta work out a way to be in montreal when the tribute show happens!

man,I'd come from Italy if I could...

--------------------

Thanos
VoivodFan
Member # 174

posted June 05, 2006 19:43     Profile for Thanos   Email Thanos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nanoman:
Thanks for posting this - interesting listen, and I hope that Jason decide that the remaining Piggy tracks (after the next 13 songs they release next year) are worth his time to finish up and release!

If it's not worth his time I wouldn't mind at all if a certain bassist *cough*Blacky*cough* played on the album instead.

No sir, I wouldn't mind that at all.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan