my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » CF - Live in Vosselaar 31-may-2006 REVIEW [ * EDIT * ]

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CF - Live in Vosselaar 31-may-2006 REVIEW [ * EDIT * ]
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 01, 2006 15:13     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 01, 2006 15:32     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi everybody.

Well the 2 hour drive was well worth it. What an incredible expirience!! Those of you who is not planning on going better change their plans. This is defenately the best concert in years. This could be because i am a big fan and looking through Frosted glasses?
Anyway. We drove of from Arnhem around 16:00h, me together with Pieter a collegea who is into metal shortly. I kinda introduced him to all the music we all so love. We picked up Robert, aka Death Brain Cells at the Belgium border and arrived in Vosselaar around 18:30. When we arrived i noticed that the venue was in the middle of town at a busy street. Left and right were living houses. Wonder if they here the music? We stood before the door for 15 minutes talking to some German guy named Dirk from Dusseldorf. And there came Tom out ot the venue wanting to walk in the tourbus. I asked him how he was doing and he was very down to earth. We shot some pictures.

We went to get a bite to eat and went to get tickets. The band before CF was Dark Fortress. It was pure black metal with corpsepaint and all. I thouhgt it wasn't that good. So we went to the bar for some Palm beer.(mmmmmm)

Then Celtic Frost came on. they played every goddamn best songs they have on their reportoire. 15 songs in a row, First one was the slowest Dethroned Emperor i ever heard. Songs from the new album were Progeny, Ground, Ain Elohim, and (last song of the evening) Synagoga Satanea, my god what a song this is.

Underneath you find the setlist. The intro Totengott lasts 45 minutes, it is played when this blackmetal band was finished and
cleaning up the stage. CF began at 21:30h and ended, i guess about 23:15h. I have been headbanging and fistbanging through all of the concert. My neck is still pretty sore, shit happens... My left ear has stopped ringing after 2 days, i ought to wear earprotection but it never crossed my mind for a single moment. I wonder if CF uses earprotection or not. Well they sold 4 different tourshirts of wich 2 of them i really liked, so i bought 2. They were "only" €18,- and €22,-. The cd was €17,-, i do not know what the regular price is. I also got me a little pile of "promotional teaser cd's" If one of you is interested in having one please respond. But i guess they will be given away at every concert until there are no more.

Oh yeah, there is another thing. CF brought this new guitarplayer, dunno who he was. But he played quit good and it appeared to me that he was very very nervous. He couldn't get his eyes of of the other members, i think he was afraid to make mistakes. It does CF good that they have a sologuitarist other then Tom. He isn't the best player imho.

After the show we went to this cd-shop next to the venue, they had ONLY Heavy metal, i have never been in a cd-shop like that.

It was about 00:30 when we drove home, tired as hell and pretty tipsy. Glad my collegue wanted to drive.

Up front we decided to get gas in Belgium because that is much cheaper then in Holland but i totally forgotten about this. After a half hour drive Pieter said to me, "he, we are getting out of gas" oh fuck there was no gas station in the wide area. We drove for another 20 inutes and went of the freeway to search for a gasstation and found a closed one. 5 minutes later we found one that was broken down. We got quit uncomfortable at this moment but had to drive on... Than after a little while we got gas, there wasn't a single drop left i think. Also 2:30 in the morning i got home and went to bed. NExt morning the alarmclock rang at 7:00h, i had to visit the docter and fysiotherapist. Fuck, am i tired right now. But is was worth all the way.

I am so glad the emperors returned.... I want to see them for at least 2 times more. Hopefully they come back later.

They are defenately back in bussiness......

01. Totengott (Intro)
02. Procreation (Of the Wicked)
03. Ground
04. Dethroned Emperor
05. The Usurper
06. Jewel Throne
07. Ain Elohim
08. Necromantical Screams
09. Dawn of Meggido
10. Mesmerized
11. Sorrows of the Moon
12. Return to the Eve
13. Visions of Mortality
14. Into the Cryps of Rays
15. Progeny
16. Inner Sanctum
17. Circle of the Tyrants
18. Synagoga Satanae

--------------------

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 01, 2006 18:11     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Well, thanks for the report so far, Paul!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 01, 2006 18:29     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
...Synagoga Satanea, my god what a song this is.

Fuckin' can't wait to hear this one live. K I L L E R ! ! !
Cool pics too.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted June 01, 2006 19:06     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the pics and the review Paul! Badass!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 01, 2006 19:55     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Did you happen to get a pic of 'Dirk from Dusseldorf'?????
Next time please ask Tom to smile for the photo. Much to glum.

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted June 01, 2006 23:41     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for sharing that, Paul! I bought my tix today for the June Cleveland show.

--------------------

"If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum."

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted June 02, 2006 03:24     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's cool Paul!!! I'm happy for ya.

Thanks for sharing pix, I love the one where TG is walking towards the bus and glancing back.......classic

....jealous still.........

--------------------

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted June 02, 2006 04:04     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fucking cool! Roll on Aug 19th...

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted June 02, 2006 08:34     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
The band before CF was Dark Fortress. It was pure black metal with corpsepaint and all. I thouhgt it wasn't that good.

Liters of corpsepaint can't cover bad black-metal. So all hail CF! No corpsepaint, good music.

Thanks Paul, pretty morbid review.

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted June 02, 2006 13:29     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How does Cherry Orchards sound live?
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 02, 2006 13:52     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
awesome photos!
Jeroen
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 806

posted June 02, 2006 15:16     Profile for Jeroen   Email Jeroen     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah,fantastische foto's Paul,het was inderdaad voor herhaling vatbaar,geweldige zaal,goei geluid,ik had Candlemass daar vorig jaar ook al gezien,toen was het ook al gezellig...

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 02, 2006 15:23     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jeroen:
Yeah,fantastische foto's Paul,het was inderdaad voor herhaling vatbaar,geweldige zaal,goei geluid,ik had Candlemass daar vorig jaar ook al gezien,toen was het ook al gezellig...

Hoi, Jeroen. Was jij die met die Candlemass tattoo of die andere ?? Het was inderdaad gezellig en ik was behoorlijk teut moet ik zeggen. Ach ja, hoort er bij.......

groetjes, Paul

--------------------

Jeroen
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 806

posted June 03, 2006 04:46     Profile for Jeroen   Email Jeroen     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ik was die met die Candlemass tattoo,die andere met die sik was Patrick...
guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted June 03, 2006 12:08     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sounds like a blast. Didn't make it myself but Biebob is about the best venue IMO for metalgigs...
DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted June 07, 2006 02:25     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think we were lucky to see this gig. Tom said for the gig in Vosselaar he was feeling "so-so".

Last weekend at the Rock-Hard festival they canceled the gig 30 minutes before the start, what was a headlinergig at this festival. Tom was brought into the hospital were they diagnosed intestinekolik(hope I wrote that right..) and did fly him back to a Suisse hospital. I hope he is feeling better soon and is able to continue the tour. Would be sad for the band and the fans.

Friend of mine was staying in the same hotel and did drink with a very sad Martin Ain and some others a couple of beers. He told them how sad the band was to cancel the gig and Tom was waiting as long as possible to do it, but he was to ill to do it.

I hope he get's better soon

Edit: didn't see it was allready posted on another post...

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan