my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Nothingface lyrics

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nothingface lyrics
Daneel Oliva
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 803

posted May 26, 2006 23:30     Profile for Daneel Oliva   Email Daneel Oliva     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hey all. long time voivod fan here, new to this site. i really wish i'd have known about this site before. just found it today.

nothingface was the first voivod album i got into, and when i went to listen to the other stuff i would always compare it to nothingface. it seems to me that nothing really quite holds a candle to it. it's by far the most stimulating album i've ever listened to, both musically and lyrically. i can't tell you people how much this album has influenced my life.

i'd like to hear opinions on the lyrics to this album, because they've always had the most obsucre meaning to me. for the most part, every other voivod album i've listened to have pretty concrete lyrics.. but this one is wayyy out there. talking about concrete cyclops' blinking down their dull eyes, and cuboid upside down cells... not to mention skyline underwater fields and pronouncing words like "circled" "sirk led" .

i can't wait to hear opinions on these lyrics from you people, because i have absolutely no friends who are into this stuff. for years i've tried to convert people , but i've only just barely been succesful with it.

--------------------

I float unseen outside the screen.

|  IP: Logged
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted May 27, 2006 01:40     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What' amazes me more than you just finding this site today is that your post almost perfect mirrors my thoughts about Voivod and Nothingface.

I agree with you, word for word.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 27, 2006 06:34     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahah...we were just talking yesterday on chat about when that puzzle of an album would be brought up. I'm quite curious about this too. Its my all time favorite album of all time. Welcome to the forum dude! I've NEVER been successful at converting friends to this band..even the ones that like metal.

Nothingface, where have you been? Hope you and your fam are getting back on top of things after the little storm ya'll had down there. Excellent post in the other thread about the 'future of VV' BTW.

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted May 27, 2006 08:33     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I always hold Nothingface above all other Voivod releases, even as much as I love KT and DH.
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 27, 2006 08:37     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nothingface is also the best sold album ever, isn't it? I believe over 200,000 copies in the USA alone?

please correct me if i'm wrong.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 27, 2006 18:37     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd also say Nothingface is the ultimate Voivod album and pretty much THE ltimate album; however, I think all the songs are realy about sex and drugs, no matter what anyone else says

--------------------

yawn

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 29, 2006 09:03     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Daneel Oliva:
not to mention skyline underwater fields and pronouncing words like "circled" "sirk led"

Snake's accent is part of the Voivod sound I think.

But didn't Glen Robinson told him "No, no, that's not the right way to pronounce it, Snake"? I think that's kind of cool to have left it that way. Or maybe Glen didn't give a shit? Since his production on NF is so precise, I doubt it...

neutronboy2000
VoivodFan
Member # 71

posted May 29, 2006 18:42     Profile for neutronboy2000   Email neutronboy2000     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Daneel...
Welcome aboard this Lost Machine of Ravenous Chaosmongers-the gang that still stands!! Anyways, I'm sorry to hear that ya couldnt find other area Vod fans-Once in awhile I will run into someone who instantly recognizes a Voivod shirt I'm wearing/will tell what album they stopped listening at/asks me if they're still around or remembers seeing them live...Some close metal friends are near the same age so they know about Voivod-anyways enough of my self-indulgent babble .."Nothingface"--Another very fascinating album of bubonic-bubble personality fractal-freak rock with escalating,winding precise corners and odd,puzzle-intersecting solos.Central cuboid concept-the Voivod erases or destroys his original persona because it is too weak and creates others to replace them-then he gets ultra-paranoic and tries to find the origin but he feels that a machine has sucked it out of existence and this coupled with other esoteric,fiction-fact based things Away put in(Alzheimer's caused from aluminum deposits in the brain-living near the largest aluminum factory in North America and hearing/seeing the mech-noises,smokestack plumes,filthy atmosphere)along with crazy robots/spider ships/a digit-tronic moody version of an acid casualty /the Voivod living inside a nine-dimension hypercube and finally sinking inside himself-commencing into self-catalepsy! What a feast for a sci-fi fan!....I really poured over the lyrics(nonsense collabo bet/Snake,Away and Kiisti)-"On this train...try to analyse this led venture...octagonal seams...songless sky...digital bug-eye...spiders spinning sand,grubbing enterprise....are you the prime automaton...emotions flood their gaze...catalyst fusion,a transmutation...pure neon,i surround...clairvoyent suspension..shining shallow spirit shadows,telestrobic heart....perhaps a faulty premonition...it crawls up perscopic cognition where it strives to dwell in abnormal contortion..i navigate in my maze,to be safe,safe,safe...over the ocean of sheer compromise.....too late for S.O.S..the error is perfect like this sub-effect of my kind...my mind..
This was one album that really could've lent itself to being made into a animated short/novel....fucking genius!!!!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan