my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Awesome review

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Awesome review
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 26, 2006 08:23     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Any fans of Sunn 0)))?

Here's a review of one of their gig:
CLICKY

The kind of show I'd love to see...

|  IP: Logged
NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted May 26, 2006 10:08     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...wow....
More fool me, it had never occured to me to see them live.

I've got plenty of their studio albums, my favourite being "White 1" with the arch-drood.

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted May 26, 2006 11:50     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
I could feel the low end bass resonances in my insides, like leaning against a washing machine, and the whole theater was shaking.

I saw this show in Seattle and had the same experience. I was pretty close up and in the middle (for as long as I could bear). After a while my muscles were aching and my throat began to hurt from the thickness of the soundwaves. A real highlight for me was when one of the members of Boris creeped out of the fog, dressed in the grimmrobe, and began to screech like a distant monster.... it sounded so otherworldly it sent shivers up my fucking spine! Quite an experience!

I brought two friends with me, both unfamiliar with Sunn 0))) or Boris and they didn't last through much of Sunn's set, haha.

On a related note, if anyone ever get's a chance to see Boris live too, DO IT!!! They are absolutely amazing!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 26, 2006 12:10     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:

I like how the Kreation logo ressembles the one of a certain metal band...

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted May 26, 2006 12:11     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I only know there latest album : Black 1 and I really like the over the top nature of it.

Should be great live, they we're at the music of music actuel of Victoriaville recently.

One of the best weirdo band I ever saw was Wolf Eyes. It was a noizy primitive ritual... outch .. One a the guy was playing with a bass made of wood board with over the top distorted sound. It was great live but it's not the kind of music I listen in everyday live unless I wanna eat my cereal by the nose...

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan