my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » I bought myself an Ipod. (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: I bought myself an Ipod.
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted December 05, 2006 15:33     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
haha, now we can refer to you as the hedgehog on top of Tom Araya?

*sigh*

I think you can, yes. What can I do, now that the whole world knows the truth?

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

|  IP: Logged
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted December 05, 2006 15:35     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaytanic:
Uh, it's me actually. I'm not sure if I either thank you for the comparison or tell you to go to hell.

Hehe, you actually look (on that pic) like a cross between Lord Worm and Frank Zappa...

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 05, 2006 17:40     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I love my Ipod. They are so much better than the old Walkman cassette thing, and the Walkman mini cd player. I can go anywhere, and do anything and totally shut off the outside world by using the Ipod and cranking it up. Bike rides, running, working, hanging out with my girlfriend everything's better when there's music blasting into my cranium.

Cool photo Slay... evil yet caring looking

--------------------

yawn

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted December 06, 2006 08:51     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aaaaaah, now we're talking!

Thanks Schroeder and Malwhateverz (even though I'm not sure if Mal's being sarcastic or not ).

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted December 06, 2006 10:11     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldororz:
Hehe, you actually look (on that pic) like a cross between Lord Worm and Frank Zappa...

Haha! Excellent Mr. MaldorORific. That's a great observation.

(I still do not own an Ipod. My ears are shot to hell enough as it is, I don't think having those plastic earplugs blasting beautiful noise will help my blown eardrums.)

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted December 06, 2006 10:12     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Aaaaaah, now we're talking!

Thanks Schroeder and Malwhateverz (even though I'm not sure if Mal's being sarcastic or not ).

I'm not. I think they're both cool people.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 06, 2008 20:11     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I had to ressurect this topic, since I bought myself a new ipod last Saturday. 120 Gbs of pure metal mayhem.

The world will not be the same.

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted October 07, 2008 03:55     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
I had to ressurect this topic, since I bought myself a new ipod last Saturday. 120 Gbs of pure metal mayhem.

The world will not be the same.

Cool retro subject!!

Haha, I still have my 20 Gb one. It works perfectly but will buy a new one someday. I do not think I can fill one up to 160GB though... All my 160+ cd's fit on the old one.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Simon6
VoivodFan
Member # 187

posted October 07, 2008 05:41     Profile for Simon6   Email Simon6     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Apple sucks.

Buy a Samsung YP-P2JP instead, lot better (fantastic) audio quality, hardware quality etc.

Also got a 20 giga Creative player, but too bulky for outdoors, and who needs 500 records for a walk?
Depends on the walk of course.

--------------------

What the...?

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted October 07, 2008 17:48     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I bought a JVC head unit for my car with a usb connection on the front. I use protable drives (a 6.gig/.mp3) and a (120.gig/.wav) no need to go lossless with that route but its kinda ironic that the stereo has a cd player intergrated into it also. I listen to my wav files from a harddrive in the car, .wav from the drive direct to the usb bypasses the d.a.c. keeping it all digital, but I have not noticed much difference in the 24.bit remasters. About the last analogue link left in the home and car audio now is the speakers, but I dont think they sell spdif for the car setup and intergrated into a head units yet.

It's not very protable although it is mobile I sink most of my $ into the car systems now, for me I love to listen in the car.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted October 08, 2008 02:13     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I do not hear any difference between a 128(whatever) mp3 and a 'lossless' .wav file because my hearing is fucked.

It must be down to all the heavy metal.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan