my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » I bought myself an Ipod. (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: I bought myself an Ipod.
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 24, 2006 16:51     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What a gift! From now on i have all my music (not that much, about 200 cd's haha) with me. Started with putting all Voivod on there. Then all Opeth and some Meshuggah. 101 songs mean about 560 Mbyte. 19,440 Mbyte ot go....... Yippeeee

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

|  IP: Logged
Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted May 24, 2006 17:07     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It takes more space on the iPod but at 256 kbs or 320, it sounds really great.
Avoid 128 or 160 kbs.

Just a suggestion, Paul.

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

Cthon
Member # 156

posted May 24, 2006 17:19     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ive had my 40 gigger for almost two years now. surprised its still kicking...

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 24, 2006 17:51     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ron Mc Gregor:
It takes more space on the iPod but at 256 kbs or 320, it sounds really great.
Avoid 128 or 160 kbs.

Just a suggestion, Paul.

thanks Ron, how do i know how big the files are and how can i make them ate the right size??

--------------------

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted May 24, 2006 17:57     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ok, now buy me one. thanks. heh heh.
Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted May 24, 2006 18:30     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
thanks Ron, how do i know how big the files are and how can i make them ate the right size??

Your iTunes should tell you. If you don't have it, go download it on Apple's website - it's so stupidly easy it should be ban.

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted May 24, 2006 22:23     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's great though when at work and your in the mood for Voivod. Just last week I listend to KT, NF, DH, AR and TOL over and over.....enjoy!!!

....but, mine(a gift from Luna) is acting funny and I've had it about 6 months.....hey sis, you still have the receipt?

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 25, 2006 10:21     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
no on that receipt...but I think they can look it up on their computers.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted May 25, 2006 11:14     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Screw your iPod - I'm going Old School with my desktop-PC sized 80's Sony Walkman! fuck yes. Peace Sells on tape! Massive unweildy uncomfortable kshkshkshkshksh headphones with itchy foam eardisks! Get me my Rollerboots and Hotpants!

The special feature I'm particulaly please about is the little red status LED that informs you that the unit is not fucked.

There ain't nothing worse than having a fucked unit.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 25, 2006 20:30     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm way old school and carry around my 8 Track Tape Boom Box!!!! Not much of a selection of metal 8 Tracks, and I'm still hoping Voivod desides to reissue their catalog on this format....

...anyway, seriously, I love my Ipod, especially when I'm at work, working in the yard at home cutting the lawn, using the chain saw, running... I don't leave home without it.

--------------------

yawn

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted May 27, 2006 01:51     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know how I got along this far in life without one. To have the the entire Voivod catalog with me at all times is pure joy.

Once I realized that I don't actually know enough music that I like to fill 40G, I started going back through and reripping at 320 kbs.

Paul, your iTunes preferences will allow you to display both the kbs and file size for each song...if you haven't figured that out since you started this topic.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 27, 2006 08:08     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
I'm way old school and carry around my 8 Track Tape Boom Box!!!! Not much of a selection of metal 8 Tracks, and I'm still hoping Voivod desides to reissue their catalog on this format....

...anyway, seriously, I love my Ipod, especially when I'm at work, working in the yard at home cutting the lawn, using the chain saw, running... I don't leave home without it.

Did I read that right?? You run your chainsaw with the IPOD playing. Is that a fucking rush or what when you crank up your saw with Ravenous Medicine blasting!!!!! Damn I get a stiff one just thinking about it.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 27, 2006 17:41     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nothingface:
I don't know how I got along this far in life without one. To have the the entire Voivod catalog with me at all times is pure joy.

Once I realized that I don't actually know enough music that I like to fill 40G, I started going back through and reripping at 320 kbs.

Paul, your iTunes preferences will allow you to display both the kbs and file size for each song...if you haven't figured that out since you started this topic.

Well i have now. I must reload all fucking cd's again. i wasn't content with the quality of the songs. He, it'll cost me a few hours but listening to them again will be a treat.

thank you all.

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 27, 2006 18:54     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mez, is there any other way you should use a chainsaw, besides from having metal blasting thru your cranium as the chains tear the fuck out of a tree?

This was my first real experience with one and there was no way I was going to use it without having music in my ears.

--------------------

yawn

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 29, 2006 08:56     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Guys, for all your chainsaw buisness, forget mp3 players, because you will NEED this cassette:

TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE MOVIE ON AUDIO TAPE!!! (see second review)

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 30, 2006 01:04     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just have an ipod mini that holds 512mb, but really it's only 487

Oh well it was a gift, I am gonna get a badass baby here soon, the prices keep dropping

--------------------

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted December 05, 2006 09:39     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Got myself a 4Gb Ipod on Sunday. First album I uploaded was Nothingface.

BTW, as Nothingface stated, I too don't know how I lived so far without one.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted December 05, 2006 09:52     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaytanic:
Got myself a 4Gb Ipod on Sunday. First album I uploaded was Nothingface.

BTW, as Nothingface stated, I too don't know how I lived so far without one.

Great, does it have a flash memory or harddisk? And yes every selfrespecting Voivoddude should have Nothingface by his side every minute of the day.

--------------------

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted December 05, 2006 10:26     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Slay
Is that Ron Jeremy you have on that avatar thing there?

Nano's looks fine to me. No worries of any moving parts going nuts.

My old shuffle still delivers the noise. It gave up once, but after resetting it all worked fine again.

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted December 05, 2006 10:50     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Got myself an iPod too! Look:

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted December 05, 2006 11:11     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted December 05, 2006 12:39     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Mines bigger than yours

--------------------

String em up

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted December 05, 2006 14:24     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vroomfondel:
Hey Slay
Is that Ron Jeremy you have on that avatar thing there?

Uh, it's me actually. I'm not sure if I either thank you for the comparison or tell you to go to hell.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted December 05, 2006 14:37     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
haha, now we can refer to you as the hedgehog on top of Tom Araya?

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted December 05, 2006 15:04     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaytanic:
Uh, it's me actually. I'm not sure if I either thank you for the comparison or tell you to go to hell.

hihi

Cool pic man

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan