my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » delima WHICH ONE DO I BUY!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: delima WHICH ONE DO I BUY!
tony galiffo
VoivodFan
Member # 774

posted May 22, 2006 08:01     Profile for tony galiffo   Email tony galiffo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
shit voivod and slayer are releasing a new album on the same day.... so which one do i buy! ughhhh shit!

--------------------

"some people look at the glass and think its half full; well i see the glass as half empty and ask the world who fucking drank my drink!?''
-----------------------------------------------------------------

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 22, 2006 08:09     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You ask that to a Voivod fan in particular?? Most of them will say "both"

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 22, 2006 08:15     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WOW, I did know Slayer had something coming out also!!!! I know 'll be buying BOTH album... kinda a no brainer.

--------------------

yawn

tony galiffo
VoivodFan
Member # 774

posted May 22, 2006 08:18     Profile for tony galiffo   Email tony galiffo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah both would proably be the best idea and/or value if any cd places have special pricies 4 new releases

--------------------

"some people look at the glass and think its half full; well i see the glass as half empty and ask the world who fucking drank my drink!?''
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Nox
VoivodFan
Member # 801

posted May 24, 2006 04:11     Profile for Nox   Email Nox     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DUDE!!! ofc take Katorz first..Then u can save money for the Slayer one(i have heard some promo songs of this album ...its good i can say )

--------------------

††† In the name of God,impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation.Amen †††

undeadair
VoivodFan
Member # 799

posted May 24, 2006 12:16     Profile for undeadair   Email undeadair     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Seeing as how the last Slayer album I liked was South of Heaven, I think my answer to you would be Katorz.
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 24, 2006 14:06     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Katorz. Total no brainer, given that Slayer has been utterly worthless on record since 1990! (special exception: Undisputed Attitude)

Besides, what's the point of asking this on a Voivod forum?

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted May 24, 2006 15:06     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You should buy the new Celtic Frost one. You won't need anything else after that.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 24, 2006 16:40     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn Z Helicopter:
You should buy the new Celtic Frost one. You won't need anything else after that.

Well said......

*** SYNAGOGA SATANEA ***

WHAT A SONG.......

--------------------

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted May 24, 2006 19:39     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Slayer isn't as good as Slayer thinks they are anymore. No hesitation: KATORZ!

Ohhh, Celtic Frost... Get that one next week or you're fired!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 09, 2006 07:36     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Problem solved,

From BBM:

SLAYER: New Album Release Date Pushed Back? - June 8, 2006

An informed source has told BLABBERMOUTH.NET that the projected release date of the new SLAYER album (cover) has been pushed back to August 8 from the previously announced July 25. When contacted by BLABBERMOUTH.NET, a representative for SLAYER's management would not confirm the report, stating only that the release date is "uncertain" as of today, June 8.

As previously reported, SLAYER frontman Tom Araya told George Stroumboulopoulous of CBC's "The Hour" on Tuesday (June 6) that the title of the band's forthcoming album will be "The Final Six". However, the SLAYER management representative has since informed BLABBERMOUTH.NET that the album title will not be finalized until sometime later this week.

When SLAYER guitarist Kerry King was asked by Kevin & Bean of Los Angeles' KROQ FM on Tuesday what the CD will be called, he replied, "I'm not positive it's been nailed yet. I think last week was the deadline and I'm not sure where it ended up, so I'm gonna have to take the fifth on that one. The way it was going, my vote was overlooked, so… That's why I'm not real thrilled about it. [Laughs]"

SLAYER's follow-up to "God Hates Us All", which was released on Sept. 11, 2001, is the group's first new album with their four original members since 1990's "Seasons in the Abyss". In a recent interview with MTV, Araya said about the new album, "It's fast — maybe faster than anything we've done before. No one's going to be disappointed. It's going to be brutal."

Araya's two-hour May 5 minor gall-bladder surgery forced SLAYER to suspend the June 6 launch of this summer's Unholy Alliance Tour, which also features LAMB OF GOD, MASTODON, CHILDREN OF BODOM and THINE EYES BLEED. The trek will instead kick off June 15 in Camden, New Jersey, and run through July 26 in Denver.

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 09, 2006 18:33     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
UPDATE on Blabbermouth:
SLAYER have set "Christ Illusion" as the title of their new album, due on August 8, 2006 via American Recordings/Warner Bros. Records (NOTE: The release date change was first reported by BLABBERMOUTH.NET yesterday).

"Christ Illusion" is SLAYER's first new studio album since 2001, and the first recorded by the band's original line-up — Kerry King (guitars); Tom Araya (bass, vocals); Jeff Hanneman (guitars); Dave Lombardo (drums) — since 1990's "Seasons In The Abyss". "Christ Illusion" was produced by Josh Abraham and executive produced by Rick Rubin.

"Christ Illusion" deals with familiar SLAYER themes — god, religion, hate, and war. Songtitles set to appear on the CD include:

01. Flesh Storm
02. Catalyst
03. Eyes of the Insane
04. Jihad
05. Skeleton Christ
06. Consfearacy
07. Black Serenade
08. Catatonic
09. Cult
10. Supremist

Says Araya, "No one is going to be disappointed, it's going to blow everybody away. It's fast, heavy, and maybe faster than anything we've done before."

"It's a good mix of fast, brutal music and slower moodier stuff, it's pretty intense," added King. "It sounds like a damn SLAYER record."

A core player in SLAYER's history has also rejoined the team for the "Christ Illusion" project. Larry Carroll, who did the cover artwork for "Reign in Blood", "South of Heaven", and "Seasons In the Abyss", has painted an original piece for the "Christ Illusion" cover. Working only from the song titles and early lyrics, Carroll has produced a classic SLAYER masterpiece — a portrait of the Christ (check it out here) — whose forearms have been chopped off — standing in an ocean of blood surrounded by floating, decapitated heads. Carroll created the painting on a 4-by-4-foot slab of wood using a combination of mediums. King already has placed dibs on ownership of the original wooden canvas.

--------------------

yawn

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted June 09, 2006 23:49     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:

"It sounds like a damn SLAYER record."

That's SO Kerry King-ish to say LOL!

Thanks for the updates guys.

I just think it sucks they are only gonna play one new song on the upcoming Unholy Alliance tour. Oh well

--------------------

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted June 10, 2006 06:09     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There's a three-track sampler out there. .and It sounds like they've they've plugged back into whatever made them great before. (wasn't keen on the last two LPs.)
Probably Lombardo then... seems like his time spent playing the left field was time well spent.
That cover is the best yet. I wonder if walmart will stock it?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 10, 2006 19:43     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think Walmart will have the life size 3 dimensional version of the cover to promote the album

--------------------

yawn

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted June 11, 2006 05:55     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tony galiffo:
shit voivod and slayer are releasing a new album on the same day.... so which one do i buy! ughhhh shit!

Simple - BOTH

--------------------

Hail Santa...

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan