my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod (song) tabs?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Voivod (song) tabs?
Chas
VoivodFan
Member # 796

posted May 21, 2006 17:53     Profile for Chas   Email Chas     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Blacky told me to ask here.
Anyone know how to play it on bass, drums, and guitar? My band wants to do a tribute to Piggy but we can't find any tabs online and E Force can't read tabs.
Thanks!

|  IP: Logged
JUDGE FARGO
VoivodFan
Member # 250

posted May 22, 2006 13:19     Profile for JUDGE FARGO   Email JUDGE FARGO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
His three low end strings had a different tuning which cannot be revealed until you've learned to build your own guitar from scratch.
Chas
VoivodFan
Member # 796

posted May 22, 2006 14:58     Profile for Chas   Email Chas     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Okay, time for plan B. Anyone have the bass tabs for warriors of ice. I found the guitar tabs on another site but...
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 23, 2006 09:29     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Try this:

That's what I use.

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted May 23, 2006 09:39     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldororz:
Try this:

That's what I use.

You use an ear for a pick? Creepy, but kind of cool and David Lynch-y.

Nox
VoivodFan
Member # 801

posted May 24, 2006 03:56     Profile for Nox   Email Nox     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The guys here r right..A good guitar/bss player always has t use the EAR....Every song i mange to play on my guitar is thanks to my ''hearing''...Its not that difficult u should try it!

--------------------

††† In the name of God,impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation.Amen †††

Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted May 24, 2006 19:32     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I love this quote from the Piggy memorial section of the site from Crisis guitarist Afzaal Nasiruddeen:

"I will never forget him laughing while telling me that whenever he saw VOIVOD guitar tablature in a magazine, it was always wrong. The authors could never figure out what Piggy was playing, so they always created these complex looking chordal structures. Piggy would laugh as he showed me how simple his actual approach was, and how his chords were created purely by sense of sound and feel as opposed to some technical nonsense."

Classic Piggy

anything
VoivodFan
Member # 209

posted May 24, 2006 20:20     Profile for anything   Email anything     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There's that whole Nothingface tab book. A lot of it probably is innaccurate fingerings from what everyone has been saying and if Piggy was using a different tuning on Nothingface, but a lot of it is quite interesting and sounds pretty right regardless--. The band should like, put it out as a pdf, if they can get the rights to it, (of course with a disclaimer about the innacuracies).
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted May 25, 2006 07:08     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Whether or not you use the exact same fingerings and tunings as Piggy is fairly irrelevant if the end result comes out the same.

You can't just learn Voivod by ear if you haven't developed that skill - try with Master Of Puppets first (or Reign In Blood if your chugging hand is up to it) then work your way up. You don't learn much from TAB.

Covering a song exactly as it was recorded is bullshit anyway.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan