my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Way to go Lordi. (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Way to go Lordi.
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 20, 2006 18:11     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just won the European singing contest.

Can you believe that?????

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 20, 2006 18:21     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
On BBM:

Finnish 'Monsters' LORDI Are EUROVISION SONG CONTEST Winners! - May 20, 2006

BBC News is reporting that Finnish "horror rock" band LORDI — who dress in monster costumes — have pulled off a surprise win at the 51st Eurovision Song Contest in Athens.

European viewers voted for LORDI's song "Hard Rock Hallelujah" in a show that is normally associated with catchy pop and big ballads.

LORDI's masks, armor and jets of flame attracted widespread attention before the contest — but many thought they were too outlandish to win.

The band were accused by some conservative Greek organizations of promoting Satanism but said they had no connection with the occult.

The favorite before the show was CAROLA, from Sweden, who entered the contest in 1983 and won in 1991.

Some 18,500 fans packed the arena in the Olympic stadium complex, with 2,000 journalists and 3,000 police officers on duty.

Hailing from Arctic Lapland, LORDI became a phenomenon in Finland with a platinum-selling debut album, "Get Heavy", in 2002.

Their compilation album "The Monster Show" has been released in more than 20 countries.

--------------------

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted May 20, 2006 18:24     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Congrats, Petri!!!

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted May 20, 2006 18:43     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fucking A! Never cared for the Eurovision song contest as it's filled to the brim with nonsensical BS, but for once I watched it from the beginning to the end. Before the finals the singer of Lordi said the metal crowd knows no national borders, and boy was he right. Votes came from all over the continent!

I thought that even winning the preliminary national contest and getting to represent Finland was unbelievable. I'm wondering who gets there next year...maybe Ajattara or Impaled Nazarene?

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Seb YB1
VoivodFan
Member # 129

posted May 20, 2006 23:18     Profile for Seb YB1   Email Seb YB1     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lordi ?

Anything to link with Jordi ?

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 21, 2006 03:35     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HELL YEAH! They squashed that damn Russian Ricky Martin...and the Bosnians with that slow song!
I am still shocked.

What did you think about the Croatian song?
I like it. Too bad it didnt do better.

And what the hell was up with people voting for Armenia?
That song was awfull!
Dead last in the contest was France.

Way to go Metalheads!

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted May 21, 2006 04:53     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wish I watched it now!

BOLLOCKS!

They should vote Finntroll for next years entry

--------------------

Hail Santa...

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted May 21, 2006 09:01     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Believe it? I voted!
Nox
VoivodFan
Member # 801

posted May 21, 2006 12:14     Profile for Nox   Email Nox     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah,thats right.The power from Finland .Its the first time i cared for this music contest!This guys came to slay all other POPers and gays participating in this contest!
They teached them what really HARD ROCK means!!!

Nah....2 many words.They just rule!!!

--------------------

††† In the name of God,impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation.Amen †††

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted May 21, 2006 19:03     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ABC had a story on their evening news last night with some great footage of their performance. Never heard of them or of this contest, but glad a metal band won!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 21, 2006 19:09     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That was pleasantly shocking.
Bilibaldus
VoivodFan
Member # 798

posted May 21, 2006 23:45     Profile for Bilibaldus   Email Bilibaldus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seb YB1:
Lordi ?

Anything to link with Jordi ?

No Jordi is much more frightning.
Haha anyway this is much too funny. My vision is that next year theres a 10 copies of Lordi and then we have fun.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted May 22, 2006 07:16     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wanted Lithuania to win.
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 22, 2006 10:28     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
I wanted Lithuania to win.

"We are the weeners...of Eurovision..."
"Vote for the weeners...of Eurovision..."
"Vote for the weeners!...Vote for the weeners!"

That song has been stuck in my mind all day & i was bugging people at work with it. hehe.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted May 22, 2006 10:51     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was struck by the French entrants' radical choice of singing her entire song perfectly flat.

I voted with my willy: I voted for Ukraine! Corrrrrr

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted May 23, 2006 12:06     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Check out the reaction of one of the losers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVdf7KrevF0

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 23, 2006 12:24     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow. Wot a psycho!
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted May 23, 2006 15:10     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's a piss take from Iceland - she's an actress playing the part of... well... that.

Pity she didn't make the final, but telling the judges to go fuck themselves in the semis was frowned upon.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Nox
VoivodFan
Member # 801

posted May 24, 2006 04:08     Profile for Nox   Email Nox     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I live in Greece and u guys cant imagine what i heard about Lordi....Always everyone says that its unfair that the ''monsters'' won!!!.....But also everyone forgets how did these ''monsters'' fucked 'em all
I t is not my favourite band bu if i hear one more guy laugh at them iwill kick his ass ....Swear!!

--------------------

††† In the name of God,impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation.Amen †††

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted May 24, 2006 04:58     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nox:
Always everyone says that its unfair that the ''monsters'' won!!!

Interesting. People born in the cradle of Western democracy think the result of a fair and square vote is unfair? Hehee...Maybe it's because Lordi are the most satanic thing that there ever can be, with all those rubber masks and noisy geetars? They must've received help from Lucifer himself I reckon

We've got our share of Pure Christians (tm) here too, who keep moaning about how the whole Finnish nation of Unwary Pure Christians (tm) will now be lost forever. It seems that Lordi's publicity stunt has succeeded far beyond expectations, 'cos I see comments like that coming from many countries. Free advertising!!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted May 24, 2006 07:07     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nox:
I live in Greece and u guys cant imagine what i heard about Lordi....Always everyone says that its unfair that the ''monsters'' won!!!.....But also everyone forgets how did these ''monsters'' fucked 'em all
I t is not my favourite band bu if i hear one more guy laugh at them iwill kick his ass ....Swear!!

I remember Greece's entry of a few years back, it was great, they looked like inflated Gary Numan costumes and they stomped rhythmically on the spot - ironically, given the moaning, I thought it looked quite metal and monstrous.

As for lovely ol' Fjordy Lordie, our house contributed two votes.

jstorm
VoivodFan
Member # 786

posted May 24, 2006 07:26     Profile for jstorm   Email jstorm     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.fullsteamrecords.com/

hah hah. Owner of Fullsteam records/Agency organize also christian rock concerts and have christian band Callisto on his label.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted May 24, 2006 07:46     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Morgoth_Mothman:
I remember Greece's entry of a few years back, it was great, they looked like inflated Gary Numan costumes and they stomped rhythmically on the spot...

heh heh! I remember that. They were chanting "Give me the password" and stamping thier feet. They got my vote.... or at least they would have done if I bothered with that kinda thing!

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted May 24, 2006 08:21     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
heh heh! I remember that. They were chanting "Give me the password" and stamping thier feet. They got my vote.... or at least they would have done if I bothered with that kinda thing!

I did vote, I'm afraid to say - not for them, but for Belgium.

For next year, I'm hoping there'll be a large contingent of Nordic black metallers. That would be the stuff dreams are made of.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 24, 2006 09:28     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Morgoth_Mothman:
For next year, I'm hoping there'll be a large contingent of Nordic black metallers. That would be the stuff dreams are made of.

That would be grim & frostbitten.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan