my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Question for the die hards

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question for the die hards
Chas
VoivodFan
Member # 796

posted May 20, 2006 00:28     Profile for Chas   Email Chas     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey guys.
Quick question. Can anyone tell me which songs specifically tell the story of the Voivod (besides Phobos, cause that's a complete concept album)? Or do they all tell his story and I'm just too stupid to understand a concept album not made by The Who?
Thanks!

|  IP: Logged
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 20, 2006 03:32     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Voivod

--------------------

Chas
VoivodFan
Member # 796

posted May 20, 2006 10:57     Profile for Chas   Email Chas     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I knew that one but any others?
I'm planning on burning a CD which tells the story of Voivod up to the coma...

neutronboy2000
VoivodFan
Member # 71

posted May 20, 2006 13:19     Profile for neutronboy2000   Email neutronboy2000     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good question,so it's time to go way back into the archives-specific songs centering on the Proto-Overlord(album#4-Dimension Hatross) to Paranoic-personality lost machine casualty(#5 Nothingface)."Voivod"-waking up from a nuclear war with maimed flesh and a lust to "kill them all everyday"-"Warriors of Ice"-winter warriors wheeze in a sultry Canada/Morgoth weather,"Korgull The Exterminator"-a more powerful biomechanoid Voivod with sophisticated weapons ruling the land of Morgoth,"Killing Technology"-the Voivod is locked into the Star Wars defense systems pointed at Earth, "This Is Not An Exercise"-Before the final blast on planet Earth,the Voivod is watching from space-half human,half cybernautic-...now,#4(Hatross)-"Experiment"-The Voivod prepares to dematerialize as a new form-psychic entity to go into the new dimension as it's complete-"Tribal Convictions", tribes see his flash from the sky, they think it's a flying lord..once more-"who's is god and who is dog?", "Chaosmongers"-techno-terrorists vs the kraven corporations and the population gets into the crossfire-"Technocratic Manipulators"- Surveillance Super-State of the telescreen reality"."Macrosolutions to.."-Huge problems as the future is very dim for this galaxy"-Brain Scan"-Invisible beings detect the Voivod,"Psychic Vacuum"-the Voivod battles the energy beings for final control and "Cosmic Drama"-The Voivod destroys the galaxy..."Nothingface", "The Unknown Knows"-you will never find the unknown unless you know the origins, "Nothingface"-Voivod erases it's real persona into a "non-grata",can't use the others and thinks it's disembodied. "Into My Hypercube"-the Voivod living inside a nine-dimensional cube and "Sub-Effect"-the Voivod sinking inside itself before the catalepsy-an inner collapse. I'm not saying this is the definitive answer to your query-just based on interviews I read/my own bit of interpretation as entertainment value-scientific interest when Away incorporates the technological data into his fictional realities...

---------------------------------------------
"Pre-ignition,flares up in you...provokes me too.."

Chas
VoivodFan
Member # 796

posted May 20, 2006 13:50     Profile for Chas   Email Chas     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks guys!
Let's plug all the lyrics together and see if I can make sense of it!

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted May 20, 2006 14:47     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...and then "why do I dream of guys?" on Angelrat

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted May 21, 2006 19:10     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BlackCloudz:
...and then "why do I dream of guys?" on Angelrat

wah-hahaha!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Quazar
VoivodFan
Member # 800

posted May 21, 2006 21:23     Profile for Quazar   Email Quazar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah! it's true but if you really want to understant what the voivod concept is about, smoke a big fat joint and listen to Jack Luminous on The Outer Limits, a 17 minutes master piece, have a good time!!!!

--------------------

Party de l'interzone!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan