my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Ever been made redundant from your job?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ever been made redundant from your job?
nell
VoivodFan
Member # 171

posted May 19, 2006 13:05     Profile for nell   Email nell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just have been. It sucks. This job was really easy and it paid good. Fuck the music industry.

Sorry all, just need to rant somewhere...

|  IP: Logged
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted May 19, 2006 13:12     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Crap, that sucks nell.
Hope you find something else that you like quick. Chilibar maybe?

I was an unneeded character a few times when i worked with construction. I knew that i was going back after a few months every time (nothing to do on bad winters) And what the hell is there to do in the wintertime? get's boring in no time. Nintendo until early morning saved our asses.

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 19, 2006 13:13     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey nell...that sucks ass. Sorry bout that. Well, at least you hung out with Bill Steer!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted May 19, 2006 14:51     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Ever been made redundant from your job?

No, but I've been made "retarded" from it.

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted May 19, 2006 15:52     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You'll find a better job soon. Wish you only the best, nell.
Cthon
Member # 156

posted May 19, 2006 17:40     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
this happened to me, basically. luckily(?), when i moved across the country, i couldnt find a job at my old position. its now basically obsolete and thankfully ive moved on to a better field...

but anyways, that sucks and sorry to hear that. hopefully you can make lemonade out of it.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted May 19, 2006 22:56     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
that's lame. any other labels you can apply to? beggars group?
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 20, 2006 23:45     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I somehow had missed this post. Really sorry to hear this!

I once got canned from the library when I was in college. I got fired for reading on the job....there's irony there somewhere...

Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted May 21, 2006 05:18     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I went through 2 redundancies in my small department in the last place I worked at. I was fortunate enough to no get the chop... but the whole ordeal of the selection process is a bit of a mindfuck - then to see a friend get axed - makes you feel even more like crap.

Still, good things can come out of change - sometimes we ocassionally need a push to try something new.

Things will work out I'm sure.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 21, 2006 06:19     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear that, i have never been so unlucky...

All the best for you.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted May 21, 2006 09:31     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Really sorry to hear this Nell - fuck Mute anyway!

Have you considered "Jazz Modeling"?

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 21, 2006 09:55     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
sorry to hear about the job situation, that is always a shitty feeling. been there a few times myself .
good luck in finding something new

--------------------

yawn

Quazar
VoivodFan
Member # 800

posted May 21, 2006 21:31     Profile for Quazar   Email Quazar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sometimes, when shit happens what I do is about something like that, Turn up the volume and canalise all the evil forces inside me to finally make a rational decision, but what a good time is!!!!

--------------------

Party de l'interzone!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan