my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » VOIVOD Making Preliminary Plans For Follow-Up To 'Katorz'

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: VOIVOD Making Preliminary Plans For Follow-Up To 'Katorz'
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 19, 2006 08:16     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
new one isn't out and already plans for new album. Jipppieeeehhhh..........

On BBM:

VOIVOD's new record, "Katorz", doesn't come out until July 25, but they're already making preliminary plans for its follow-up, according to MTV.com. The disc will be the last to feature the band's late guitarist, Denis "Piggy" D'Amour, and will contain the final 13 songs he recorded guitar parts for before dying of colon cancer in August. Singer Denis "Snake" Belanger, drummer Michel "Away" Langevin and bassist Jason Newsted will likely rent a studio when Newsted is done with the next season of the reality show "Rock Star". "It'll happen in the next year when I have time to get away from it where we can really set it up real nice," Newsted said. "We'll put some money up for a studio and go in and make it rock."

As previously reported, VOIVOD has teamed up with MP3.com to host a five-minute trailer about the making of the band's much-anticipated new album "Katorz". The five-minute trailer — containing footage from a documentary in the works about the life of VOIVOD guitarist Denis "Piggy" D'Amour — was assembled and directed by Canadian documentary filmmaker Sam Dunn, whose stellar "Metal: A Headbanger's Journey" film includes the last-known filmed interview with Piggy. Check out the entire trailer by clicking on the link here. The cover artwork for the CD can be seen at this location. A full-length MP3 of the track "The X-Stream" can be downloaded at this location.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

|  IP: Logged
Nanoman
VoivodFan
Member # 622

posted May 19, 2006 12:47     Profile for Nanoman   Email Nanoman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool. . .sounds good to me - the sooner the better! Buuuuuttttt. . .I thought I read somewhere they had like material enough for 4 albums? I wonder what they mean by

quote:
The disc will be the last to feature the band's late guitarist, Denis "Piggy" D'Amour, and will contain the final 13 songs he recorded guitar parts for before dying of colon cancer in August."

Well aside from the obvious. . .

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 19, 2006 13:03     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nanoman:
Cool. . .sounds good to me - the sooner the better! Buuuuuttttt. . .I thought I read somewhere they had like material enough for 4 albums? I wonder what they mean by

Well aside from the obvious. . .

Nanoman,

ben jij die Nanoman die op Marktplaats staat en die Nothingface zoekt???

--------------------

Nanoman
VoivodFan
Member # 622

posted May 19, 2006 19:01     Profile for Nanoman   Email Nanoman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hey whats up Paul!

Dude, I'm from like Detroit so I (unfortunately) can't understand you unless you send your message in English so please feel free to translate my friend!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 19, 2006 19:27     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I also thought there was a lot of other material Piggy left for more albums. And that acoustic stuff has had me drooling with anticipation since i read about it.

I hope there will be more than just one more VOIVOD album after Katorz.

--------------------

yawn

Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted May 19, 2006 20:20     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The next tracks are the stuff that was suppose to on Katorz.
Remember? It was supposed to be a double album.

Piggy had time to polished and put those tracks in his Powerbook.

The other tracks are stuff that has to be worked on.

You can hear some of the acoustic stuff on Katorz.
It's not stuff that could be release. It's more like stuff/ideas to worked on. I know, I got those recordings.

Hope this answer some of your questions.

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 20, 2006 08:14     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nanoman:
hey whats up Paul!

Dude, I'm from like Detroit so I (unfortunately) can't understand you unless you send your message in English so please feel free to translate my friend!

Haha, now i know you aren't the guy who was asking for a Nothingface CD on a dutch site. He was named Nanoman too.
Sorry....

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 21, 2006 10:02     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ron, thanks for the detailed info on the material. I figured the acoustic parts on KARORZ was from the material that was talked about but I guess I was hoping (as I'm sure many of us were) that there was going to be enough acoustic material to release a full album. Even if it was just Piggy playing I think we'd be interested in hearing this other side of him that wasn't explored in VOIVOD. Unplugged VOIVOD!!!!! Imagine that!!!! I'm sure it would have a vibe of it's own.

--------------------

yawn

Quazar
VoivodFan
Member # 800

posted May 21, 2006 14:24     Profile for Quazar   Email Quazar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow!!! That will be amazing, official documentairy by the band made by someone who really care about the band great, finally!!!

--------------------

Party de l'interzone!

PsyKoDork
VoivodFan
Member # 808

posted June 01, 2006 21:27     Profile for PsyKoDork   Email PsyKoDork     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ron Mc Gregor:
The other tracks are stuff that has to be worked on.

It's not stuff that could be release. It's more like stuff/ideas to worked on. I know, I got those recordings.

damn, that's not how I understood what Away told me in an interview... but you should know best, you're so close to the band... now I'm puzzled...

--------------------

ARSENIC No4: VOIVOD, Kreator, Napalm Death, Sonata Arctica, Children Of Bodom, A Perfect Murder, Atheretic, Bloodshoteye, Martyr (In the Studio), Shades of Dusk, Shaolin, Talamyus, Unexpect, A Headbanger's Journey, Neuraxis au Japon, Show, CD et DVD reviews

www.myspace.com/arsenic08

JUDGE FARGO
VoivodFan
Member # 250

posted June 02, 2006 03:59     Profile for JUDGE FARGO   Email JUDGE FARGO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In the trailer for the documentary, Jasonic said that there were 23 songs for Katorz etc. plus 30 more.

Away himself said there was enough for 4 more albums.

PsyKoDork
VoivodFan
Member # 808

posted June 02, 2006 12:16     Profile for PsyKoDork   Email PsyKoDork     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by escubria:
In the trailer for the documentary, Jasonic said that there were 23 songs for Katorz etc. plus 30 more.

Away himself said there was enough for 4 more albums.

ok, this is pretty much what Away told me... pfew!

--------------------

ARSENIC No4: VOIVOD, Kreator, Napalm Death, Sonata Arctica, Children Of Bodom, A Perfect Murder, Atheretic, Bloodshoteye, Martyr (In the Studio), Shades of Dusk, Shaolin, Talamyus, Unexpect, A Headbanger's Journey, Neuraxis au Japon, Show, CD et DVD reviews

www.myspace.com/arsenic08

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan