my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Katorz Appreciation Thread! (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 

Author Topic: Katorz Appreciation Thread!
Cthon
Member # 156

posted May 17, 2006 20:08     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seeate:
The first couple of verses of 'Silly Clones' reminds me of Jello Biafra, the way Snake sings it. We all know Voivod love a bit of DK!!!

hes channeling Jello on several tracks, agreed.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

|  IP: Logged
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 17, 2006 22:16     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by escubria:
Yeah but you keep comin' back like bad penny.

Grow up.

And who the fuck bases an opinion in a week or less anyways? Freak.

Get bent.

OK sorry ladies and gents, didn't mean to sour the thread, but there are some assholes about, haha (excluding me of course).

Oh yeah I've heard the new album and I adore it

--------------------

JUDGE FARGO
VoivodFan
Member # 250

posted May 18, 2006 05:41     Profile for JUDGE FARGO   Email JUDGE FARGO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuke Fewz:
Grow up.

And who the fuck bases an opinion in a week or less anyways? Freak.

Get bent.

OK sorry ladies and gents, didn't mean to sour the thread, but there are some assholes about, haha (excluding me of course).

Oh yeah I've heard the new album and I adore it

30 years listenin' to music that's how I base my opinion.

I actually like the album in case you forgot.

Goodbye Mr. Intolerant, glad you're over it.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 18, 2006 08:06     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zCthonz:
the beginning of 'Silly Clones' is pretty disco (in a good way).

Polka, waltz and disco! Now that's Voivod!

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 18, 2006 18:08     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm driving everybody i know crazy with Katorz this and Katorz that. Played it for some of 'em, and the reaction is the same: on the surface, they think "oh, that's like the s/t album", but after several listens (or just one good listen with herbal enhancement) and they're all flabbergasted!

July needs to get its ass here, quick.

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted May 19, 2006 00:06     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
!!! PPPIIIGGGYYY !!!
code
VoivodFan
Member # 192

posted May 23, 2006 10:06     Profile for code   Email code     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn! I couldnt resist anymore so i downloaded the first four songs. The rest must wait till i buy the album. What can i say? Lets start with fucking brilliant. Its like a rusty, heavy trashcan full of goodies threwn right in your face. The production is crazy. Totally crunchy, heavy and scrappy. Its the exact opposite to Nothingface which is kinda funny. The songs are great as well. Metal mixed with punk and rock and craziness. Its WIDE. From what i have heard so far it sounds a bit more complex than S/T and way more aggressive. Piggy rules everything as usual and Snake kills the mike. Jason and Away are amazing as well. More creative bass-lines this time. Favs so far are Dognation and Mr. Clean. And i still havent heard it all. Cant wait till the release!

--------------------

Tonight we celebrate!

Surf/Slam82
VoivodFan
Member # 741

posted May 24, 2006 11:57     Profile for Surf/Slam82   Email Surf/Slam82     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know you're all dying to hear the
Gorf's review...

Let me say first, that I found it very
uplifting not unlike the latest YANNI
album.

"ETHNICITY"! (buy it, love it, breathe it!)

Anyhoo - I'm sure that you'll all hate me
(what else is new?) when I say I never purchased NOTHINGFACE. That when I listened to my friends copy it was so heavy it literally gave me a headache!

I still thought and do think today its really
good stuff musically and well played.

I had been going thru a phase of loving Hatross, Killing Tech etc.I suppose its fair to say that I didn't really get Nothingface, not having been a fan of experimental rock like Yes or Genesis.

So um, what were we talking about?

Ah yes- Katorz, (not to be played on tinny
computer speakers)

Unlike Limits, Angel Rat, and Voivod I was
not automatically geeked out loving it in a frenzy screaming 'f__k yeah!' outloud during
the first play.

After the fifth try, I started to dig it.
Fave tracks, Odds/Frauds and Silly Clones.

I think there is a missing track. I kinda wanted a mellow track like Angel Rat.

Mostly though, I am still just glad Voivod is
around. It will of course be the most important record of the last couple years.

Glen Robinson still gives me a headache, I switch the EQ to the POP setting.

I am so old now ....

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Nate Carson
VoivodFan
Member # 97

posted May 25, 2006 03:46     Profile for Nate Carson   Email Nate Carson     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think Snake sounds more like Peter Murphy in those parts than Jello...
code
VoivodFan
Member # 192

posted May 27, 2006 09:12     Profile for code   Email code     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dognation gives me Hatröss vibes! I love it.

--------------------

Tonight we celebrate!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan