my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Phobos album cover(s)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Phobos album cover(s)
ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted May 11, 2006 15:51     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So I now have all the album-art on my screen background (thanks to http://www.voivodfan.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=003812). Nice!...but with one exception: Phobos.

I've just never liked Mr. Scary Tomatohead Guy much. He reminds me too much of the cacodaemons in "Doom". He is effective, though...one look at his face and you know the meaning of "phobos".

And this reminded me that there are some alternative album covers.

Mr. Scary Tomatohead: http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000240VH.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Alien-looking symbol with cool swirly background: http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000007NW7.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Picture of Phobos (the moon), or maybe some other moon: http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00000895Q.01._AA130_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg
This pic is of a Japanese import, but I swear I've seen this in a used CD store in Portland, OR. once before.

Of the three, I like the alien-looking symbol with cool swirly background the best.

And now the questions: Why are their three different album covers? Was Away just feeling extra-creative that day, or...?

--------------------

My head explodes, my ears ring, I can't remember just where I've been.

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 11, 2006 16:50     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I dunno why that is also. My guess is that some people want to have all releases, that would mean more income. I think that counts for bands who sell a lot of albums like Metallica for instance. Not Voivod that is, if i remember correctly Phobos sold about 3,500 copies in the U.S. Not a reason to bring out different versions.
I wish i had all those copies, i have only mister toato head...

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 11, 2006 18:44     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the cool alien symbol is from the advanced promo cd. i don't believe it was an official release for retail sales. I have the official release and the promo release but not the jap pressing

--------------------

yawn

chaosmongirll
VoivodFan
Member # 489

posted May 11, 2006 19:57     Profile for chaosmongirll   Email chaosmongirll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
...but I swear I've seen this in a used CD store in Portland, OR. once before.

Of the three, I like the alien-looking symbol with cool swirly background the best.

[/QB]

What were you doing in my Oregon?

I saw the alien-looking symbol one once but i was broke...one's enough for now though

farside
VoivodFan
Member # 193

posted May 13, 2006 04:40     Profile for farside   Email farside     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have the alien looking one. Defientally a promo copy.
ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted May 13, 2006 18:32     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Separated at birth?

--------------------

ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted May 15, 2006 17:17     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...and while I'm at it:

--------------------

Nanoman
VoivodFan
Member # 622

posted May 19, 2006 12:51     Profile for Nanoman   Email Nanoman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Agreed, "Mr. Scary Tomatohead Guy" pales in comparison to "Alien-looking symbol with cool swirly background".

Wonder if I can exchange my cover art? (just kiddin there about exchanging the artwork)

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan