my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Katorz artwork ? (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: Katorz artwork ?
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 07, 2006 18:55     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like it too! Rough, crusty, everything mentioned previously.

Sorta reminds me of Eternal Devastation (Destruction)

--------------------

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 08, 2006 08:25     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I love the cover. It's great high contrast with indutrial shapes behind the guys faces. Nice to see an evolution in Away's art where he's doing something different. Great colors, very intense. I like the logo and hold it similar to the last one used but the 2 connecting lines between the letters really pull the word together. I might have to get this cut into vinyl so I can use it as a sticker on the front of my car... I just need a high rez image of it.

--------------------

yawn

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 08, 2006 09:24     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like it although i have to get used to the fact that rough edges are gone also...
I agree with my name-mate (Paulie) very much. And yes i am an old fart also...

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted May 08, 2006 12:14     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think it's fucking great. It makes a statement about how "This is the group who made this album. What is inside these guys is what's on this record." as opposed to "Here is a wicked cool picture of something that doesn't exist."

At least, that's what I think. I could be wrong.

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted May 08, 2006 13:57     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If you're wrong NucVamp, so am i.
Really a "band" cover this time

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 08, 2006 15:25     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zCthonz:
it reminds me of an old Metallica t-shirt (in a good way).

Yes, i see Dynasty in it too.

--------------------

Neverstream
VoivodFan
Member # 593

posted May 09, 2006 15:17     Profile for Neverstream   Email Neverstream     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
sorry, but I'm a bit dissatisfied, I was hoping on a very complex drawing by away . maybe it's gonna be in the booklet
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 09, 2006 16:53     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Frankly tho, who gives a shit? The album could be coming in a brown bag and i'll still be excited about what's inside.
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 09, 2006 17:46     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paulie 88:
Like the cover to Kronik, it looks like they took the easy way out.

Coming to think of this, Kronik has the finest piece of art inside the booklet. I love this.
Hope this'll be the same with Katorz....

--------------------

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted May 09, 2006 19:59     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm old and I love the cover! I guess some old farts are kool!
I hope they mass produce some stickers because I want them all.

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted May 09, 2006 20:06     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like the cover enough... Never been a fan of the "band photo as cover art" school of thought, but I ain't complaining. Actually, I'm curious to get a better look at what appears to be more awsome Away-art around the edges there as well as the back, inside, etc.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 09, 2006 21:36     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyone else noticed that the picture file size is 14 kb?

:O

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 10, 2006 02:02     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What does that mean, it's non-expandable?

I tried it and it looked like shit. Is there any way to increase the size, like with music?

--------------------

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 10, 2006 08:56     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
Frankly tho, who gives a shit? The album could be coming in a brown bag and i'll still be excited about what's inside.

And Korgull knows you can get excited by things in brown bags...

BTW, love the cover! They look like an industrial hardcore band... (Which they actually are, come to think of it...).

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan