my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Katorz artwork ? (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Katorz artwork ?
VsGreg
VoivodFan
Member # 14

posted May 05, 2006 10:41     Profile for VsGreg   Email VsGreg     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
is this the new artwork for Katorz?

I found the link on the nuclear Blast website.

|  IP: Logged
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 05, 2006 10:46     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hmmm....that's cool. I wonder if it'll be packaged in different colours.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 05, 2006 10:57     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maybe just a Promo thing someone made. (Away maybe?)

But if its the new cover...i like it.
We will see.

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted May 05, 2006 11:36     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I doubt that's it. Snake has said:

"The first time Piggy put it together and gave us the demo was on CD, [and he had written] 'Katorz', which is not the right way to write it. Of course [there is] an emotional side to it, so we took the demo, and the design of it will be his handwriting."

VsGreg
VoivodFan
Member # 14

posted May 05, 2006 15:35     Profile for VsGreg   Email VsGreg     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
snake just confirmed that the cover is the 'final' cover.

First time that the band is on the cover but I agree that it fully make sens

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted May 05, 2006 16:53       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
that is a cool cover and it's going straight up on my myspace page.Anybody got anymore new Voivod artwork i can put up on myspace?
thanks

IP: Logged
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted May 05, 2006 16:58       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
so is that the final cover for that album or "the final cover"?
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted May 05, 2006 19:38     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Piggy kinda looks like Ozzy did back in the Sabbath days...

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Cthon
Member # 156

posted May 05, 2006 19:38     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
it reminds me of an old Metallica t-shirt (in a good way).

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted May 05, 2006 19:44       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
damn it looks great.check it out.

myspace

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted May 05, 2006 22:54     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry to be a naysayer, but it's not working for me. Like the cover to Kronik, it looks like they took the easy way out. I know, I know, it's not THAT simple of a cover, but it's not up to what I think of in terms of the standard of creativity that Voivod usually upholds, the artistic aesthetic of the wandering Voivod's environment(s), etc. Away has tons of amazing art, I find it difficult to believe that he wouldn't want to make THIS album just as much of a masterpiece in art as I'm sure it will be in composition. Truth be told, I think they should have gone back to the Voivod logo from RRROOOAAARRR. This newer logo just reminds me that a lot of the rough edge is gone.

Bah, what do I know? I'm buying it first day anyway, bring on the metal.

We all miss Piggy. I was looking forward to having Piggy's writing of "Katorz" being the design... But wait, maybe that will be the design on the actual disk itself? If so, great!

Again, sorry to sound like such an old fuck, but 1) I am, and 2) I'm just being honest. Life's too short to not say what you think.

Best, PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted May 06, 2006 04:20     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paulie 88:
...this newer logo just reminds me that a lot of the rough edge is gone.

I think that's true, but I like the fact that Away's artwork has always defined, as much as Pig's songwriting, what Voivod are at any given point.

Conceptual continuity an' all that...

I'd only be miffed if the interior doesn't have some lavish artwork too. Get those pencils out Drumbo!

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 06, 2006 07:36     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like it
And hopefully there will be more pages of Aways artwork in the booklet anyway

--------------------

String em up

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted May 06, 2006 08:11     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Looks killer!

Any change of a vinyl version of 'Katorz'?

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 06, 2006 08:36     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like how Paulie always ends saying

Best, Paulie.

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted May 06, 2006 13:44     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
I like how Paulie always ends saying

Best, Paulie.

While our Paulie is the best, I'd have to say that the second best Paulie is

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted May 06, 2006 15:32     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...and of course there's

...the "weez...el"

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted May 06, 2006 16:27     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well that's awfully nice to say, but I think it's an old-guy thing. You never know when your most recent post will be your last-ever.

It's actually truncated, I always used to sign off "All the best" for years in the Residents discussion groups but the shorter term got it across just as well.

I'm hoping Voivod does the same with these last releases coming up- Katorz, and whatever other Piggy-recorded material will be their swansong. Voivod is effectively done, we've just not yet heard everything that exists. Maybe the last one will be called "Best, Voivod." But I hope not!

Best, PAULIE

PS In the Frost discussion, I sign off "CF Forever." I think I feel a bit more negative in there.

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 07, 2006 03:03     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So does the "88" in your nick means that you are ACTUALLY 88 years old?

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 07, 2006 03:10     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And I like the cover. It looks like an album cover by a crust band, really underground, aesthetically speaking.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted May 07, 2006 09:14     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maybe Piggy's handwriting will be the art on the CD itself?
code
VoivodFan
Member # 192

posted May 07, 2006 10:57     Profile for code   Email code     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Or perhaps that is Piggys Handwriting? I bet Piggy could write in voivodian as well.

The cover is good looking for sure. But it reminds me of punk band covers more than a Voivod cover.

--------------------

Tonight we celebrate!

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted May 07, 2006 11:03     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaytorz:
And I like the cover. It looks like an album cover by a crust band, really underground, aesthetically speaking.

Well said man, just what I thought. Plus I think it's going to fit the music, dirty and dangerous

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Cthon
Member # 156

posted May 07, 2006 11:22     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
found it, haha.

http://www.metallicaworld.co.uk/images/tshirts/harvester_rear.JPG

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 07, 2006 17:53     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like that new cover. I understand that Piggy's handwriting will be on the disc itself... like the cdr of the demo he gave to the band.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan