my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Death & Taxe$ alter ego

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Death & Taxe$ alter ego
MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted May 04, 2006 20:18     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Voivodfan brethren, just thought I'd let you guys know about my "other band". Alot of you guys have been very kind and supportive of my prog/metal band Death & Taxe$, and I love you for it. But today, I want to let you guys know about my "other" band called Present Tense.

Present Tense is definitely not metal, definitely not prog, and actually, it's anything but hard and fast, but for some reason, I think a lot of you might not hate it. If I had to label it, it would probably fall under straight alternative rock. Definitely on the mainstream side, but not selling out. It's straight ahead, but still tasty and a bit artsy. My goal for this project is definitely radio, but I'm not selling my soul for it. I still think it's good music.
And since Voivodfan is my second family, I'm letting you guys know about it instead of pretending that I don't have a soft spot for good radio rock.
anyway, the bottom line is, we have a new CD out. and it's now on sale at www.cdbaby.com/cd/ptense
(you can hear samples there too)
And what can I say, I appreciate all the support I can get.

And for those of you interested, I'm working on a new Death & Taxe$ cd and hope to get something out in early 2007.

Thanks, guys. As always, you rock!

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 05, 2006 06:40     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i will certainly be buying a copy of this. I loved what I have heard . It's different from what I usually listen to, but anything with style and originality is usually something I must have. Great musicianship and the singer has an incredible voice.

--------------------

yawn

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 05, 2006 08:27     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sounds cool, but...

Did I mentionned that I HATE BALLOONS?!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 07, 2006 03:00     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Shut up and just buy the fuckin' CD, Ugly Ass.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 08, 2006 08:45     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaytorz:
Shut up and just buy the fuckin' CD, Ugly Ass.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan