my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » new tattoo design

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: new tattoo design
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 01, 2006 12:57     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wanted to get some feedback from you all before I permanently get this inked into my skin. The link below will take you to the design I just created for what will more than likely be my next tattoo. The Discipline Knot in the center of the design is one I already have on my right shoulder and I've been wantingf to create an original design to go around it. I'm curious to hear some feedback on what ya think.

TATTOO DESIGN

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 01, 2006 13:03     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
way to go Schroeder! I admire people who ink parts of their body with their own design. Although i wouldn't want this on my skin i'd love to see it on yours!!

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 01, 2006 13:12     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, it's quite different from the kind of tattoos that are in "voga" nowadays and truly original. Go for it!!!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted May 01, 2006 13:17     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice work Schroed. Tool meets Crimson is what comes to mind....
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 01, 2006 14:27     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, the TOOL connection is certainly there but I've been drawing eyes long before TOOL was even a band. I might make the eyes more graphic and less detailed (especially the irises)... my brother thought it was a bit too complicated and took away from the Discipline Knot. I'll probably work up another drawing so I can compare them and see what looks best. I was also thinking about making all the eyes blue. The original idea was the blue eyes relate to me and the brown eyes for my girlfriend, who also wears green contacts, but I'm not sure if the extra colors detract from the design, maybe 1/2 blue 1/2 brown... maybe all blue.

thanks for the feedback

--------------------

yawn

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 01, 2006 14:45     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ow! Thats gonna hurt. lol.

My honest opinion is to keep it simple.
I do like the artwork though.
If you get this done PLEASE post a picture of the finished product.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 01, 2006 15:28     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I will post pics after it becomes part of me.

Here's a like to the myspace page for the guy I want to ink me up... I think he is more than capable, and look forward to having him do the job.

Matt Amey

--------------------

yawn

marco
VoivodFan
Member # 34

posted May 02, 2006 03:53     Profile for marco   Email marco     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Go definitively with this Schroeder...it's truly amazing!
JCN1971
VoivodFan
Member # 742

posted May 02, 2006 06:05     Profile for JCN1971   Email JCN1971     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like your design. Don't change it to just blue eyes. I think you should have half brown eyes, for your girlfriend.
MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted May 02, 2006 12:15     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tattoo and girlfriend = jinx

If you truly love her, Schroed, don't do it!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 02, 2006 18:31     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MeanMrMustard:
Tattoo and girlfriend = jinx

If you truly love her, Schroed, don't do it!

Don't worry, the design is being done so it doesn't represent her per say, but just a new chapter in my life that she is a part of. I certainly would get a tat of some girls name or face... that's like slicing your own throat and I not taking a chance of ruining this relationship or regretting getting inked. Besides that would put too much pressure on her if I did something like that.

--------------------

yawn

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 06, 2006 07:41     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The link's not working I wanna see it!!

--------------------

String em up

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 18, 2006 12:56     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah now I see it. Very nice, get it done & post a photo for us!

--------------------

String em up

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan