my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » VOIVOD sets summer release date for 'Katorz' (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Author Topic: VOIVOD sets summer release date for 'Katorz'
CanuckOutcast
VoivodFan
Member # 739

posted April 21, 2006 09:06     Profile for CanuckOutcast   Email CanuckOutcast     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
VOIVOD sets summer release date for 'Katorz'

Canada’s pioneering metal band VOIVOD have set July 25th, 2006 as the North American release date (via THE END RECORDS) for their much-anticipated album ‘KATORZ.’

The legendary band has worked alongside veteran producer Glen Robinson (VOIVOD’s ‘Nothingface,’ Tea Party, GWAR) to create an album that will continue the legacy of their fallen friend/bandmember/guitarist Denis "Piggy" D'Amour.

‘Katorz’ was recorded at Multisons studio in Montreal, Quebec, Canada where Robinson and the band – drummer Michael "Away" Langevin, singer Denis “Snake” Belanger and bassist Jason "Jasonic" Newsted – utilized all of the guitar parts that founding guitarist "Piggy" had recorded for the record on his laptop with ProTools before his death last summer.

Artwork and a full track-listing for the album will be released in the coming weeks.

You can check out the new VOIVOD track “The X-Stream” found on THE END RECORDS sampler ‘Alternate Endings’ by clicking here: http://www.theendrecords.com/label/var/altend/

What the critics are saying:
A select few press were invited to listening sessions in Montreal and New York in March and here is what some of them had to say about the forthcoming album ‘Katorz’

"Sorrow checkered with jubilance... Piggy is alive and triumphant as his dear mates assemble, orbiting around his prowess, a record that swims and swings, an unfolding gem of an experience that rocks with chemistry and esoteric Voivodian thought while alienating nobody." – Martin Popoff, BW&BK

“After hearing this incredible new Voivod, it seems only righteous and just that the masses, finally, will latch on to this streamlined accessible motor of a sound.” - Mike G, METAL MANIACS

“It's a real shame that Voivod aren't able to take over the world with the release of this one due to Piggy's passing, but it
will certainly prove to be a fine testimony and tribute to not only a talented and missed musician but a great band as well. Bravo!” – Peter Pardo, SEA OF TRANQUILITY
“Katorz is a surprisingly spontaneous and raw album, full of dark detours and explosive, defiant vitality—a deafening epitaph to Piggy, Voivod's fallen visionary.” – Rob Hughes, UNRESTRAINED!

More info:
www.voivod.com | www.voivod.net | www.voivodfan.com

--------------------

I want ALL your vinyl -- or else!

|  IP: Logged
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 21, 2006 10:52     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wonder if they could change that date to July 22...cuz that's like my birthay and shit. AND, it's a Saturday, and not a Tuesday.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted April 21, 2006 12:17     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry, I just can't wait that long. This is torture!

--------------------

My head explodes, my ears ring, I can't remember just where I've been.

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted April 21, 2006 14:28     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How come the album hasn't been leaked out yet on this forum? Geez, you bunch of slackers!!!

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted April 21, 2006 15:16       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Someone did mention they had some of the album and would post it if anyone wanted to hear it but Alexie asked him not to because the band wouldnt appreciate that.So it never happened.
The band wants us to wait,so we wait.

IP: Logged
Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted April 21, 2006 15:52     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
First day buyer

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted April 21, 2006 16:14     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It would be sad for the new CD to be "Leaked" before its release.
It would be, in my opinion, a slap-in-the-face to Piggy and the rest of the band who have worked hard on this.

I can wait also.

July 25th isnt that far away. It will be perfect. Just in time for my month of Vacation
on the Adriatic Sea! I will be there on the beach listening to Voivod.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 21, 2006 17:50     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Number 6:
It will be perfect. Just in time for my month of Vacation
on the Adriatic Sea!

Are you planning on swimming there???

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted April 22, 2006 05:58     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lunaz:
I wonder if they could change that date to July 22...cuz that's like my birthay and shit. AND, it's a Saturday, and not a Tuesday.

I got the last one for my birthday

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted April 22, 2006 06:00     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LivingEvil:
Someone did mention they had some of the album and would post it if anyone wanted to hear it but Alexie asked him not to because the band wouldnt appreciate that.So it never happened.
The band wants us to wait,so we wait.

But what about some demos???

Hmmmmmmm....

--------------------

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted April 22, 2006 11:19       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
that's pretty cool.
thanks

this is what my free translation told me:

In this immense jungle that is internet, I often am astounded to see the respect that regne here. Frank thank-you again. This is not uselessly that one does you to languish.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 24, 2006 09:50     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AlexieL:
And if you're interested...
myspace

En Extra: La super tune de Die Kreusen

And there is actually a girl you know who is Samantha Fox's bass player! How unique...

Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted April 24, 2006 10:33     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 24, 2006 10:47     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hypercube:

Is this the new Logo? I like this one.

--------------------

code
VoivodFan
Member # 192

posted April 24, 2006 19:51     Profile for code   Email code     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Very nice effects on that logo. Hope they have it on the new album. The wait will be hard indeed but hopefully we will have som samples etc.

--------------------

Tonight we celebrate!

chaosmongirll
VoivodFan
Member # 489

posted April 24, 2006 20:08     Profile for chaosmongirll   Email chaosmongirll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hypercube:

I like that!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 28, 2006 22:32     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Me too!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted April 29, 2006 10:08     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep & me

--------------------

String em up

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted May 09, 2006 17:13       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
what i meant to say was,i got something to say but it's a secret.

:: EDIT: i removed the link -Skul ::

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 09, 2006 17:18     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LivingEvil:
well it looks like someone has leaked an advance copy of the album.

Me dumbass, has no idea how to download this one.

--------------------

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 09, 2006 21:13     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh goddamn.

Regardless if it's leaked or not, i'd appreciate that you dont post links to the album here on the forum. If you know where to find it, that's fine... just dont post the info here.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 10, 2006 01:59     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
Oh goddamn.

Regardless if it's leaked or not, i'd appreciate that you dont post links to the album here on the forum. If you know where to find it, that's fine... just dont post the info here.

So how is it...Blowing your wad prematurely?

--------------------

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted May 10, 2006 03:53       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
never said i listened to it.
NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted May 10, 2006 04:45     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuke Fewz:
So how is it...Blowing your wad prematurely?

I found it last night... told myself not to download it... twenty minutes later my upstairs neighbours would also have been enjoying the album with me...

I'm not proud of myself... but I am relieved.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 10, 2006 05:19     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BumËggs:
I found it last night... told myself not to download it... twenty minutes later my upstairs neighbours would also have been enjoying the album with me...

I'm not proud of myself... but I am relieved.

and? what is your opinion? I wouldn't be proud of myself also.
But then again, there are so many occasions when i am not proud of myself, this one could easily fit in.

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan