my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » what would be the greatest metal tour ever... use ur imagination??? (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: what would be the greatest metal tour ever... use ur imagination???
tony galiffo
VoivodFan
Member # 774

posted April 08, 2006 09:44     Profile for tony galiffo   Email tony galiffo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
make the best tour u can think of....

sumthing like clash of the titans would be cool

Megadeth (headliners)
voivod*
Slayer*
MetallicA*
Anthrax*

* rotate between whos' co headliner.... and i honestly think that megadeth is better than metallica... metallica may have won alot of the battles... but dave won the war.

--------------------

"some people look at the glass and think its half full; well i see the glass as half empty and ask the world who fucking drank my drink!?''
-----------------------------------------------------------------

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 08, 2006 10:06     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My turn:

Day 1:
Voivod
Celtic Frost (no bleeps this time...)
Coroner
Slayer
Destruction
Sodom
Ohhh, i'm comin'

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted April 08, 2006 10:28     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep!

Voïvod
Celtic Frost
Possessed
Tank
Slayer
Destruction
Kreator
Testament

I already saw half of them on one show ('85), but the other four were missing...

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 08, 2006 10:49     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
My turn:

Day 1:
Voivod
Celtic Frost (no bleeps this time...)
Coroner
Slayer
Destruction
Sodom
Ohhh, i'm comin'

Me too!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted April 08, 2006 12:15       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would love to see Tank hell yeah!!!

alot of those bands aint that great anymore.Having seen Megadeth 3 times i don't really care too see them anymore and having seen Metallica with Cliff i wouldnt see them without him.So if this is suppose to be today then i would pass on several of the bands i use to like but if it's bands at there best then here is my choices.

Voivod
Celtic Frost
Excel
Beowulf
Tank
Fear
E-Force
Agnostic Front
C.O.C.
Bad Brains
Attitude Adjustment
Poison Idea
Venom
Accused
Cro-Mags
DBC
Crumbsuckers
Exciter
Fastway
Motorhead
Gang Green
Meliah Rage
Hirax
High On Fire
Killing Joke
UFO(with Schenker)
Savatage
Prong
Sacred Reich
Rush

with rotating cameos by
Anthrax
Megadeth
Kreator
Metallica
Slayer
Suicidal Tendencies
Metal Church
S.O.D.
&
D.R.I.

damn that's gonna have to be a 5 days show just to get in all those bands with each band play an hour and a half atleast.

IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted April 08, 2006 13:05     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would love to see this one...
The "PRAISE SATAN!" Tour:

GORGOROTH

SATYRICON

AURA NOIR

DARK FUNERAL

NAGLFAR

:::::::::::::

And just for Slaytanic...
The "WE AINT DEAD YET" Tour:

ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA

RICHARD MARX

ENYA

ROD STEWART

PHIL COLLINS

KC AND THE SUNSHINE BAND

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted April 08, 2006 13:42     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
The "PRAISE SATAN!" Tour:

Swap out Aura Noir for someone else (force Nocturno and Fenriz at gunpoint to tour, perhaps? They've made a video for Too Old, Too Cold, anything's possible!) and I'd be at that one in a shot.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted April 08, 2006 14:51     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
... and that video is the dumbest excuse for a video that i've ever seen. heh.
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted April 08, 2006 16:58     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Burzum

(of course it would have to be like Johnny Cash's "Folsom Prison Blues", since he still remains in prison...and also because he's a one-man-band, he'd have to do an acoustic-only set! )

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 08, 2006 23:40     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Number 6:
And just for Slaytanic...
The "WE AINT DEAD YET" Tour:

ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA

RICHARD MARX

ENYA

ROD STEWART

PHIL COLLINS

KC AND THE SUNSHINE BAND

Add The Eagles to that tour and I'm not missing it!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 08, 2006 23:43     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BlackCloud:
Burzum

(of course it would have to be like Johnny Cash's "Folsom Prison Blues", since he still remains in prison...and also because he's a one-man-band, he'd have to do an acoustic-only set! )

It depends on which era of Burzum he chooses to cover. If the choice is the cheap Casio keyb era, there's no problem at all.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted April 10, 2006 03:07     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Voïvod
Nocturnus
Emperor
Finntroll
Celtic Frost
Venom

--------------------

I hear the things you say but tell me...
what do you mean?

Simon6
VoivodFan
Member # 187

posted April 10, 2006 06:55     Profile for Simon6   Email Simon6     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
PRONG
OBITUARY
VOIVOD
IRON MAIDEN
NECROPHAGIST
HELLWITCH
DARK FUNERAL
CORONER
CELTIC FROST
MOTORHEAD
MEGADETH
NAPALM DEATH

No particular order.

--------------------

What the...?

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted April 10, 2006 11:18     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
... and that video is the dumbest excuse for a video that i've ever seen. heh.

That's beside the point! You can't honestly have expected anything better.

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted April 11, 2006 21:55     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can someone contact the make-a-wish foundation?

-Black Sabbath, w Dio singing.
-Voivod if Piggy was still with us. Screw Jason, I'd want it w Blacky AND Eric on bass! Dual blowers...
-Venom
-Megadeth only doing pre-1986 stuff.
-Bathory if, well, you know
-Celtic Frost
-Raven
-Mercyful Fate
-Exodus
-Master's Hammer
-Razor
-Hirax
-Blessed Death
-DarkThrone
-Nuclear Assault doing pre-88 only
-Deathrow
-Angel Witch
-Pentagram (the U.S. one)
-Sacrifice
-Angelcorpse
-Dream Death
-Nunslaughter

Best, PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted April 11, 2006 23:14     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why u all like Celtic Frost so much I will never know! I took one look at their foto and laughed my arse off. I tried listening, but can't get into them, could not take them seriously! Maybe seeing them live will change my opinion.

The greatest metal tour ever...

Voivod
Opeth
Mastadon
Slayer
Venom
Testament
Exodus
Priest

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 12, 2006 13:59     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slug:

Voivod
Opeth
Mastadon
Slayer
Venom
Testament
Exodus
Priest

...with Mark Eitzel

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 12, 2006 16:24     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Why u all like Celtic Frost so much I will never know! I took one look at their foto and laughed my arse off. I tried listening, but can't get into them, could not take them seriously! Maybe seeing them live will change my opinion.

Voivod
Opeth
Mastadon
Slayer
Venom
Testament
Exodus
Priest

he, Slug. How old are you. Just wondering. The people who are dying to hear the new Frost are all old farts. The ones who already have the new album and like it are mostly old farts also...
FUCK. Celtic Frost rules. Best comeback album in years (echo echo echo)

--------------------

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted April 12, 2006 16:51     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
[QB]Why u all like Celtic Frost so much I will never know! I took one look at their foto and laughed my arse off. I tried listening, but can't get into them, could not take them seriously! Maybe seeing them live will change my opinion.
[QB]

Slug their first 3 albums,try listening to Inner Sanctum in your car at 100mph and you'll get it before you crash

Voivod
Celtic Frost
Destruction
Kreator
Meshuggah
Opeth
Coroner
old Sepultura
Exodus
Death Angel
Secred Reich
Candlemass
Atheist
Cynic
Death
Entombed
Overkill
Razor
Satyricon
CCorpse
Nile
Enslaved
Therion
Cathedral
....and 50 more

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted April 12, 2006 17:18     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Voivod
Saint Vitus (as a 5-piece with both Wino and Scott Reagers on vox)
Exodus
Electric Wizard
Killing Joke
Joy Division (if only...)
Kyuss
Mercyful Fate
CELTIC FROST
Chuck Norris
Pink Floyd
ABBA
Deathspell Omega
Darkthrone
Sleep
Black Sabbath
Cathedral
Psychotic Waltz
King Crimson
Tool
...isn't this list getting endless?
Angelwitch
Aphrodite's Child (performing the whole of '666')
Goblin
Magma
Van Der Graaf Generator
Coroner

and many, many more...

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 12, 2006 21:51     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If only...

The Beatles
Voivod
Metallica with Cliff
Ozzy with Randy
Joy Division
Pantera
Mayhem with Euronymous

That'd do for a day of fun.

--------------------

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 13, 2006 09:14     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AngelRed:
Chuck Norris

Nah, Chuck deserves a whole festival just for himself. 10 days of peace, love and ASSKICKING!!!! CHUCKSTOCK 2006!!!! KICK DRUGS OUT OF AMERICA!!!!!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 13, 2006 09:16     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AngelRed:

Chuck Norris

ABBA

and many, many more...

Well hell...what more does one need than Norris and ABBA?!?

--------------------

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted April 13, 2006 10:12     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaytorz:
If only...

...Joy Division

...That'd do for a day of fun.

Does not compute.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 13, 2006 15:26     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, a day of sadness then!

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan