my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Gastronomy Domine 2: The Revenge

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gastronomy Domine 2: The Revenge
Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted April 07, 2006 14:23     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Since I've dropped 50 (of the 100 pounds I want to lose) since January, I thought I'd share a recipe that I've relied on a bit to get over my love of REAL pizza and the fact that I really won't be eating much of it until I've reached my goal weight.

OAT BRAN FLATBREAD PIZZA

The flatbread that I buy is made by Joseph's (they might be local to me in NH in the states). They are 10" by 12" low carb oat bran square lavash wraps and they're really actually very good - they're soft, unlike most 'dietary' breads. They also have a good dose of Omega-3, which is heart-healthy. The best selling point for me is that each one is 100 calories (less than one slice of typical bread), it's whole grain and has 5 g. of carbohydrates. This is what I use as a base for my flatbread pizzas.

I lay a flatbread on a round, aerated pizza pan and spray it with a coat of cooking spray (this serves to crisp it up a bit more). You essentially can then top it with whatever stuff you want and call it pizza. I choose to do a BBQ chicken version, which is simply a light brushing of BBQ sauce, some baked chicken chunks and some sauteed red onion and mushroom. Top with a bit of cheese and throw it in at 450 degrees for about 8-10 minutes. It comes out nice and crispy and really makes me not miss regular pizza.

I also like to take a flatbread and brush it with a light coating of olive oil and sprinkle on a bit of garlic salt and bake that at 450 for 10 minutes. It basically acts as chips/crisps. You can cut them into little squares or whatever and let them cool a bit and you get a big lot of em for only 125 calories or so.

|  IP: Logged
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted April 07, 2006 14:25     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This isn't a recipe, but I've recently discovered a wonderful rice treat called Baby Mum Mums. I fucking LOVE these things. Seriously, I can't get enough. They come in little packets of 2 so one for my 11 month old and one for daddy.
 |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan