my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Operation Mindcrime II

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Operation Mindcrime II
MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted April 06, 2006 12:41     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK, admit it. We all want to at least hear it, right? Here you go....

http://www.rhino.com/fun/listeningparties/73306_PartyPlayer.lasso

|  IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted April 06, 2006 12:59     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Geoff Tate irritates me. Everyone else in the band are cool.

Thanks for that!

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted April 06, 2006 13:07     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've been trying to like it for weeks. I just cant. It's not a terrible album... it's just.... bleh.... next.
MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted April 06, 2006 13:10     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I feel the same way about Tate. But one thing this album does is show you how cool they would be if Dio was the lead singer. Dio rocks.
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 06, 2006 14:55     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
never liked queensryche. Saw the once before Bon Jovi, loooooong time ago. then they were good, BJ sucked. Left halfway the concert.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted April 06, 2006 16:23     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Heard it earlier today. My brother burned a cdr for me. I didn't want to spend any money on this but I was a bit curious somehow...

Well, after one listen I'm not exxxactly impressed. Some nice parts here and there but overall just another useless QR cd...

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 06, 2006 19:51     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i bought it on release day and have been enjoying it more and more with each listen. I need to sit down and read the lyrics as the songs play to get a better understanding of the new story, but I think the songs are well written and damn good performance from the band. I've always been a Tate fan and aside from Hear In The Now Frontier I think the Ryche catalog is a brilliant collection of music. Sometimes some of the tunes took a while to grow on me... I didn't like TRIBE very much when it came out but a played the cd last week to get my ears prepped for Mindcrime 2 and really enjoyed the album.

Anyway, I'll probably be in the minority here with liking the new Mindcrime but as you know, I don't give a shit

--------------------

yawn

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted April 06, 2006 21:25     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Are the original members back? At least Chris DeGarmo?

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted April 07, 2006 00:20     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lost interest after Rage, so obviously I never got into the first Mindcrime. I have heard one new song on the radio, didn't really pay it too much attention.
Tate doesn't really annoy me that much, but their look from the Rage fotos is really bothersome!
I did see them open for Priest last summer and I must say they fookin' rocked!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

piggysMYgod
VoivodFan
Member # 158

posted April 07, 2006 01:26     Profile for piggysMYgod   Email piggysMYgod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
reminds me of that iron maiden with that blaze guy!!
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 07, 2006 07:33     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
degarmo isn't in the fold again. mike stone is the only non-original member on this record.

you're comparing a tone deaf Blaze to Geoff Tate who can sing his ass off and hit any fuckin note... come on
Tate is comparable to a Halford, Gillan, Dickinson all of which have an amazing range.

--------------------

yawn

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted April 07, 2006 07:54     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:

Tate is comparable to a Halford,

Maybe, but not 'Rob'. At least not favourably compared.

I think you're right about his technical range. I just don't like his voice, that shriek couldn't sound any less musical to me.

Whereas, I'd listen to Halford sing the instructions from a DVD manual. In all of the languages.

I used to love O.M. and Empire, but now I just can't listen to Tate's voice at all.

Surf/Slam82
VoivodFan
Member # 741

posted April 07, 2006 15:43     Profile for Surf/Slam82   Email Surf/Slam82     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Didn't they open up for Slayer back in the day?

I remember vaguely - some irrate metal fans...

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted April 07, 2006 16:51     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Surf/Slam82:
Didn't they open up for Slayer back in the day?

Never happened. Queensryche already had major label status by the time Slayer was gaining popularity... Maybe the other way around, but I doubt it.

I was never a Queensryche fan really, though I like that 1st EP a bit and the "Queen Of The Reich" promo video is one of the best metal vids like, ever.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 07, 2006 19:03     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, Tate doesn't "shreik" anymore like the early days. His voice has evoled into a finely tuned instrument and it's very powerful. I'll second the thumbs up on Promised Land... damn good album, as is this new one.

I listened to it again on the way to work and I'm really into it. I'm also lovin Scott Rockenfield's project "Slave To The System" disc... fuckin excellent.

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan