my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » jesu/godflesh

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: jesu/godflesh
anything
VoivodFan
Member # 209

posted April 05, 2006 20:00     Profile for anything   Email anything     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I must be a few years late with this...but why didn't anyone tell me that a lot of Jesu is as good/heavy as Godflesh? Especially, the guitar is as heavy/inventive as always...
 |  IP: Logged
neutronboy2000
VoivodFan
Member # 71

posted April 06, 2006 23:54     Profile for neutronboy2000   Email neutronboy2000     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A fan of the much-missed Godflesh?...Excellent!!!
They fucking "killed" with their frigid isolationist,automatronic,moving pressure-sounds!!! I saw them on the '91 tour w/Napalm Death..the pounding live show put me in a higher headspace(my way of saying how I enjoyed getting lost in the "foggy" aluminum-atmosphere of their brand of noise). I havent heard jesu yet but I'm looking forward to soon...

anything
VoivodFan
Member # 209

posted April 07, 2006 00:46     Profile for anything   Email anything     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, that's funny that you have such sensory and visual descriptions of their music--the first time I heard Godflesh was in 1991 or so, this radio station was playing Streetcleaner in its entirety, it was so great I taped the whole thing--and, my stereo was this flat grey color--and I kept thinking, that the Godflesh music sounded exactly like my stereo looked, this flat, matte, high tech, cold, lifeless grey...
anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted April 07, 2006 10:32     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, Jesu is awesome. Godflesh too, but I prefer the more "organic" sounds of Jesu.
neutronboy2000
VoivodFan
Member # 71

posted April 07, 2006 21:22     Profile for neutronboy2000   Email neutronboy2000     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...early Pitchshifter,my synapses are pulsing with the anticipation of checking it out. Speaking of cold and the mechanic,a few years ago,an extremely cool individual from Japan sent me some music of a band he worked in called URGESNAKE(I still have the CD/stickers)...a good bout of "remote-control catatonia"....I would also recommend CANDIRU(a two man project)who had a single out on Relapse("DISADVANTAGE OF SURPRISE)and a CD-seek out it!!! Anything,thanks for the compliment!!! I used to do record reviews awhile back and I like to describe images of what the music can be. I get bored with conventional terms like "this is punk...techno,metal...etc"

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted April 12, 2006 17:04     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You'd probably best avoid 'late era' Pitchshifter. They became, to coin a term, shi-ite.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Cthon
Member # 156

posted April 12, 2006 19:02     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
both Godflesh and Jesu are completely awesome.

i dig the early PitchShifter stuff, too.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted April 12, 2006 23:16     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I saw Godflesh with Skinny Puppy back in '92 or '93 (can't remember which)...very mesmerizing!!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan