my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » For Voivod: What remains?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: For Voivod: What remains?
NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted April 05, 2006 05:18     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks to the resourcefullness of someone, I'm listening to the "Angel Rat" demos right now. It got me thinking as to what - in the best of all
possible worlds - could we expect to see released officially that remains 'unheard'. Could we collate a list of what is known to exist and it's level of
completion?

I know of:

Demo material from "Angel Rat" and "Nothingface".

The album Post-phobos. How much of that was recorded? I only ever heard those two songs "Day by Day" and "Confrontation" on a bootleg recording.
Ideally that could be finished with Eric.

And that's about it...
Were there other half-completed or aborted ideas and projects through their history. I can only assume so, as they worked hard and had seemingly long
periods of commercial innactivity.

|  IP: Logged
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 05, 2006 08:31     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There are Dimension Hatröss demos too, and they're pretty awesome (they were available here, or are they still? Too lazy to look). Negatron demos, also, if I'm not mistaken.
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 05, 2006 08:54     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have read somewhere, there are also RRROOOAAARRR demos. I never heard them. I do not know if it is true also....

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted April 05, 2006 09:09     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Same for Killing tehnology.

I have all of these on 4 tracks tapes (ROAR, KT, DH) but the sound is pretty thin by today's standards. 20 years old tapes all do - unless you kept them in a fridge.
I don't have the guts to listen to them - what if the tape get caught in the machine - happens nearly all the time since the last 6 months or so...

That would be a great box set.

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted April 05, 2006 09:50     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Halaine Peau:

I have all of these on 4 tracks tapes (ROAR, KT, DH) but the sound is pretty thin by today's standards.

Wow. Yes, it would make a great box set.
How on earth did you get them? I can't see it being a lucky charity shop find!

What about tracks that never made it past the demo stage? I only know of "Nomads", or the post Phobos project.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted April 05, 2006 09:54     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Halaine Peau:

I have all of these on 4 tracks tapes (ROAR, KT, DH) but the sound is pretty thin by today's standards. 20 years old tapes all do - unless you kept them in a fridge.
I don't have the guts to listen to them - what if the tape get caught in the machine - happens nearly all the time since the last 6 months or so...

That would be a great box set.

Then it's high time that you digitalize what you have. Especially the KT demos... It's bit somewhat of our (the vvf's) version of the Holy Grail for years... Just ask Warcorpse. hehe.

We'd have 'em, but from what i understand, Blacky only has 'em on reels, and the reels would have to be "cooked" in a studio or something like that, and it wouldve been costly to make 'em available here.

Maybe JY or WC could say what was the status of those tapes cuz I dont exactly remember. I'd definately wanna hear them, regardless.

Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted April 05, 2006 10:06     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll see what I can do at the Multisons studios. In about 2 weeks 'cause they're up to here with the Genevieve Charest new CD.
Up-to-here.

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

E-FORCE13
VoivodFan
Member # 746

posted April 05, 2006 10:29     Profile for E-FORCE13   Email E-FORCE13     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
From what I have been told,

the voivod demo 2001 is going to be released
on the next voivod dvod 2......in demo form.with dynamo 96 footage and insect,tower video etc........

cheers
ERIC

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted April 05, 2006 10:56     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I definitely looking forward to DVOD-2!
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted April 05, 2006 12:34     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ANYTHING with the Eric era of Voivod...i cant wait for.
It was a period of the band that was unique and powerfull.

Eric's voice in Metal Music is one of my favorites.
In fact...Eric's voice is #2 on my fav list with Gaal of Gorgoroth being first.
Of course...i realize that most of what i like in Gaal voice is Studio work and Eric is more genuine.

Cheers to Eforce!

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 05, 2006 13:56     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by E-FORCE13:

on the next voivod dvod 2......in demo form.with dynamo 96 footage and insect,tower video etc........

cheers
ERIC

DROOL.DROOL.DROOL

I remember seeing Dynamo on television. There was Voivod playing for about 30.000 people. The rail was coming down really hard. You'll see. Great footage. I have been looking for this a long time. Nobody seemed to have taped that show for some reason. Glad it will be brought out soon....

--------------------

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted April 05, 2006 16:27       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
with the new album coming out and the DVOD-2 coming out and then the remastered albums due out(Roar,Killing Technology & Dimension Hatross).Not to mention the Art book and who knows what else.This is gonna be the year of Voivod.

IP: Logged
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted April 05, 2006 18:02     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Angel Rat demos, infact all of the demos should be put out "officially" by the band someday!!!

*And what about some of the "live" stuff as well...such as the Paradise show!!! Somebody has to have the Master tape somewhere!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted April 05, 2006 22:58     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have the homemade casette of RRROOOAAARRR somewhere, they used to sell em on tour as I recall. Off the top of my head, I remember that it does NOT have the intro that ended up on the LP, and that I like it way better that way. But I've moved a couple times since then, so it's in a box, somewhere.

There's a wealth of unreleased Voivod stuff, and to be honest, there's nothing that I'm not interested in hearing, bring it all on! I'm particularly looking forward to the last Eric stuff.

I'd also like to hear a PROPER live recording w/ Blacky, a'la the live track on the Nile Song promo CD.

All the best, PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

Nico
VoivodFan
Member # 567

posted April 06, 2006 04:50     Profile for Nico   Email Nico     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by E-FORCE13:

cheers
ERIC

Is the 01 demo the full album?I'm dying to hear the end of the voivod story!!!!!

--------------------

PAIN MAKES ME STRONGER EVERYDAY

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted April 06, 2006 05:59     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by biareus:
Is the 01 demo the full album?I'm dying to hear the end of the voivod story!!!!!

I'm hoping that too. I'm really interested tio know if there was any material recorded and not realeased in any subsequent form?
Songs that never made it past demo stage, etc rather than just archive live stuff. (though that's welcome of cours.)

E-FORCE13
VoivodFan
Member # 746

posted April 06, 2006 08:20     Profile for E-FORCE13   Email E-FORCE13     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the 2001 demo has about 12 or so songs on it,in demo form......Not an over the top production,
but still cool......

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted April 06, 2006 13:05     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think that is the single most coveted thing by all VoivodFans.
You have a copy you can mail to me over here in Croatia? lol.
(Never hurts to ask.)

Also...PLEASE Visit Zagreb sometime. I will probably have a heart attack if you do. (E-Force)

Cheers!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan