my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Hello from Hechingen

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hello from Hechingen
Layla's Dad
VoivodFan
Member # 48

posted April 03, 2006 09:05     Profile for Layla's Dad   Email Layla's Dad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow. I finally got to check in and read some posts here. A long time has passed since I was able to log in. I have left Alabama and taken a job in Hechingen, Germany for two years. Only occasionally I can log on to a PC and then I just write my wife and kids a note. When my time here is done I will have a job with the company I am training with now. This is a great place in a lot of ways but I miss my family dearly. I am allowed to return home four times at the company's expense so I can go see my wife and kids in May. In August I am expecting my first grandchild so I will go home then also. There are some great gigs upcoming this spring and summer in Stuttgart which is about 45 minutes from here. I will try to log on again real soon so I can see what's on everyones mind. Take care all !
 |  IP: Logged
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 03, 2006 09:22     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
cool. grandchild? holy hell...congrats on that then!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 03, 2006 20:06     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You lucky bastard.......

WACKEN in August!!!!!

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted April 03, 2006 22:33     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn, talk about a change of scenery Hope things go well in Hermany, I know it sucks being away from family and friends, I am doing it right now by living in Seattle instead of Houston.

**The shows will be BETTER there, I know that much!!

-nuclear infusion

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 04, 2006 06:53     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
nice to hear from ya again.
good luck with everything, the new job, the family, the upcoming grandbaby.

take care

--------------------

yawn

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted April 04, 2006 14:43     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dude! Germany! Like Mez said - WACKEN!!!!

What kind of work is it? Sounds like a good compnay to pay those travel expenses. Do you speak any German? It's pretty easy to learn.

Whatever you do don't mention the war.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted April 04, 2006 22:13     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
wow, LD, germany is totally not the part of the world that i would expect you to be in! i'm glad to hear you're alive and kicking and congrats on the upcoming grandchild.
Layla's Dad
VoivodFan
Member # 48

posted April 07, 2006 18:06     Profile for Layla's Dad   Email Layla's Dad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I absolutlely love this place. I just brak out in tears from time to time because I miss my family. My son Charlie had Little League tryouts last week. He hit one over the fence. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I had been help coach his Little League teams before. As soon as I leave, the lad starts muscling up. Lee, holler at me (or anybody else). Get over here & you have a free place to stay. The only thing is....the weekend of Wacken is the weekend I am coming home for the birth of Jena's baby....Thanx to all of the VVF loyalists for the well wishes. I will try to post a note as frequent as possible. Much love to you all....KP
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 07, 2006 18:57     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
IT'S GREAT THAT YA LIKE THE PLACE BUT SUCKS THAT YOU'RE SO FAR FROM your loved ones.
Hang in there and keep us informed about what's happening

--------------------

yawn

Layla's Dad
VoivodFan
Member # 48

posted April 10, 2006 04:05     Profile for Layla's Dad   Email Layla's Dad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:
Dude! Germany! Like Mez said - WACKEN!!!!

What kind of work is it? Sounds like a good compnay to pay those travel expenses. Do you speak any German? It's pretty easy to learn.

Whatever you do don't mention the war.

The company makes dialysis filters for kidney machines. The way they want to do everything is to have a core group of Americans here for a few months and then be ready to train when the company opens a plant in Opelika, Alabama in early 08..They have a great package for those few here. There are 13 of us. In late summer, they will recruit an additional 15 for an injection molding sector of the plant. We can make 4 flights per year and 1 for a loved one. We have a car and a flat. Next month they are shooting me over to Lyon in France for two weeks of training there.
I do speak enough German to get around. I had a year in college (back in 82-83) where I took German as an elective. That was a foundation, though I forgot most of it. Luckily I still have my textbook from then and I have it with me here.
I was walking in the HR department one day and one of the personnel ladies called out and asked if I had my Maiden tickets. I had no idea they were on sale for the Stuttgart show in December. So we ordered me one right from the personnel office. I thought that was cool as hell. There is a show about ten miles from here on June 23-24. You can check out the lineup at bang-your-head.de I am looking forward to this as Death Angel, Exodus, and Armored Saint are on the bill.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 10, 2006 08:57     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maiden, Death Angel, Exodus and Armored Saint?!?

Soundtastic! Well worth being there, I suppose. What is the word on Death Angel anyway? Anyone know? I haven't heard one thing bout them in ages. One of the best live shows I've ever seen.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 10, 2006 11:37     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
death angel is kinda on hiatus i guess because Mark is singing in a band called ALL TIME HIGHS which is kinda a straight forward bar metal rock band. He mentioned in a recent interview that DA is still together and will be doing the festivals this summer.

I would love to hear a new Death Angel album!!! The last one (as they all are) is fuckin brilliant.

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan