my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Tolkien metal (strong cheese warning!)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tolkien metal (strong cheese warning!)
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted March 31, 2006 07:23     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sometimes I come across something that's bordering on being completely ridiculous but still has something good about it, and I'm not sure of how to react. Battlelore is one such thing.

I heard one of their songs on radio the other day and liked it, but after seeing the website I started having second thoughts...This band's got a few nice tunes, but the lyrics and the videos (click here) are a problem. Three albums based on LOTR? Come on.

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

|  IP: Logged
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted March 31, 2006 08:31     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like the fact that this guy:

is called Henri.

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted March 31, 2006 11:28     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted April 02, 2006 13:49     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Battlelore is gay...if you want to listen to a LOTR influenced album...listen to Summoning - Lugburz....now thats ''tolkien metal''

--------------------

only flowers remain...flowers to step on...flowers to burn...

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted April 02, 2006 16:19     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If you want to listen to LOTR influenced music then you deserve everything you get.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted April 03, 2006 08:02     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's a step up from "Warhammer" influenced music though, isn't it? I'm thinking of "Bolt-thrower". Warhammer being a sub-Tolkien universe.
Or does this make it a step up? I've confused myself... I used to like some Boltthrower stuff.

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted April 04, 2006 14:33     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Only a couple of Bolt Thrower albums were WH40K influenced - Realm Of Chaos and Warmaster. I still think that Realm Of Chaos is utterly superb. I bought it on the day it was released and i still play it some 17 years on (yes the very same vinyl!). Not many records stand that test of time. To me it is the sound of war itself!

--------------------

Hail Santa...

code
VoivodFan
Member # 192

posted April 04, 2006 20:15     Profile for code   Email code     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:
If you want to listen to LOTR influenced music then you deserve everything you get.

Blind Guardian has done some great stuff imo. One of the few fantasy/metal bands that dont have the typical cheese lyrics.

--------------------

Tonight we celebrate!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan