my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Today i got the best news possible. (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Today i got the best news possible.
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted March 30, 2006 15:55     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
6 weeks ago my father who is 67 years old went to his docter for a checkup. He found a spot on his arm that looked suspicious.
Skincancer!

They cut some away to check it out and 2 weeks later doctors said: we have to cut more to see if it has gone inside your body.

Then we (especially himself) had to wait a horrifying 2 weeks to get the result. Chances seemed very slim. My father, Willie, really thought he was gonna die for sure.

Then telefone rang today at 13:00 hours. With sweaty hands i received the news: The skincancer wich is called a melanoom here has only gotten 1,2 mm deep inside his skin. Everything was cut away. If the depth would have been 4mm it would have meant death for sure within little time!

You cannot believe what this man has gone through not knowing what we found out today.

I am a happy man........ and also is the rest of my family.

just wanted to share. I thought about Piggy a lot last few weeks. It must have been a terrible time for him and his family.
Lucky for us it isn't going to be that way (yet).

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

|  IP: Logged
MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted March 30, 2006 18:15     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for sharing Paul. I'm sure we're all happy for you. If I understand correctly, Melanooma (sp?) has a very high mortality rate if diagnosed and treated early.

You sound like a good son. God bless your family, man!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted March 30, 2006 18:16     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i'm glad to hear your father's going to be ok paul. what a stressful time for you and your family! prostate cancer took rose tattoo's paul wells a few days ago, just another reminder how important it is to get checked early when you suspect something might be wrong.
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted March 30, 2006 18:24       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
glad to hear your family is doing better and hopefully your family wont have to deal with that again.
I was just watching this show yesterday and they where talking about how they may soon have a cure for cancer.They were taking healthy cell and injecting them into cancer cells.The idea is that the healthy cells will fight off the cancer from within the cancer.It seemed to be working pretty well too.Hopefully that will work for all types of cancer.

IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 30, 2006 18:59     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
that's great news Paul. Glad your Dad is doing well and is Cancer free.

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 30, 2006 20:09     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thats crazy man. I can't imagine that stress. Glad to hear he's gonna be all right.
Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted March 30, 2006 20:37     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Very happy that you guys managed to dodge that trouble! Be vigilant! Melanomas (skin cancer) are THE deadliest type because it spreads very easily to other parts. People think some things are age spots or moles or whatever, but unless you're a trained professional, you SHOULD have them seen by someone in the know. I have been working in healthcare for the last 14+ years and had a similar thing happen with my father a few years ago. Sure enough, had 3 patches of cancer removed, no problems since but he still has to get checked over 2x/yearly for further developments. Cancer sucks.

Best, PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted March 31, 2006 02:01     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm really happy for you Paul, and for all your family...

cancer is still a vicious fucking illness which is sometimes hard to get rid of...

I can relate when the doctor said about my own father that he had a 20% chance of surviving over the (then) coming 5 years...

he didnt even live another 2 actually...

and Nia, I agree its important to get checked when you suspect something might be wrong but the fact is that most of the time, you cannot suspect something is wrong until its too late... from what I have seen (75% of the cases) the illness wreaks all havoc in silence and the pain starts to be felt when its made its way deep into the body...

so what is important is to be checked regularly... and theres no particlar factor involved, especially when you see those kids under 10 diagnosed with cancer in the children hospitals...

I sincerely wish there was a valid cure!

again, its good to know about Pauls father being *saved* from that pain... all the best to him for the future.

--------------------

I hear the things you say but tell me...
what do you mean?

JCN1971
VoivodFan
Member # 742

posted March 31, 2006 02:24     Profile for JCN1971   Email JCN1971     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Paul, I am really pleased for you and your family. Thank you for sharing this fantastic news with us.
Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted March 31, 2006 04:00     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Really good news. Happy for you, paul. Wish your father all the best.
Diamanda
VoivodFan
Member # 604

posted March 31, 2006 04:20     Profile for Diamanda   Email Diamanda     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

..that's the BEST what can be happen Paul !!!!!!

I lost my parents on this way, my Mom as i was 9 years old (Leukemia) and 10 Years later, i lost my Dad......FUCKING CANCER

..BUT that's FUCKING life.....

--------------------

It's too late
Korgull rules the earth!!!

E-FORCE13
VoivodFan
Member # 746

posted March 31, 2006 07:45     Profile for E-FORCE13   Email E-FORCE13     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great news Paul......
Ride on bro....
cheers
ERIC

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted March 31, 2006 08:10     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for sharing some good news, Paul!
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 31, 2006 09:45     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Paul...as one of my fave vvfans, I am glad to know that all is well with your pops.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted March 31, 2006 11:10     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All of you, thank you for your kind words. I will share them with my dad for sure allthought his english isn't that good. I will translate.

Once again, reading these comments, i am sure about the fact that we were so lucky. I am sorry for those who weren't that lucky. I hope cancer will stay away loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.

best regards.

!!!!!!! GROUPHUG !!!!!!!

--------------------

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted March 31, 2006 12:23     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's great news Paul. My own father is very sick and I'm sure he doesn't have much time left. When the family gets sick it sure changes your perspective on things.
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted March 31, 2006 16:51     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Glad to know everything's okay, Paul. The sister of my father's girlfriend died today of lung cancer. Sonia's been through three months of suffering, now she finally had some well deserved rest. Cancer's the kind of disease I wouldn't want to the worst of enemies.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted March 31, 2006 18:34     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm happy for you, Paul (and of COURSE your father!!)

Hearing about cancer makes me feel ill. The triumphs are what make me feel like there is hope in this life...

Cheers to ya

--------------------

Nico
VoivodFan
Member # 567

posted April 01, 2006 08:48     Profile for Nico   Email Nico     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Happy for you Paul....Unfortunately my mom wasn't so lucky...she died last summer by Melanoma...Last year was a hammer on my head for me, I had to study for university with the thoughts that my mom was gonna die.
It has been almost 10 months since then,and I'm slowly recovering form the loss,although I'm pretty sure I'll never recover fully.

--------------------

PAIN MAKES ME STRONGER EVERYDAY

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted April 01, 2006 11:12     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fantastic news, Paul. Glad to hear it. Cancer has reaered its ugly head in my family too. My dad had prostate cancer many years ago, and thankfully the surgery was a total success. After 2 heart bypasses, angioplasty and prostate cancer, the old man is STILL here telling me what I sould be doing. And I love it.
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 01, 2006 22:37     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sad to hear/read that, biareus. I lost my mother almost 10 years ago. All I can say to you is you'll never recover, just go on with your life the best way you can. That'll make her happy, wherever she is now.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted April 02, 2006 10:44     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Shit, I didn't read your post biareus. Very sorry to hear about that.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 03, 2006 08:35     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i don't think you can ever fully recover when you lose someone you love... you just learn to cope with it and carry on the best you can.

--------------------

yawn

Layla's Dad
VoivodFan
Member # 48

posted April 03, 2006 08:57     Profile for Layla's Dad   Email Layla's Dad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fantastic news. Best wishes for the future.
Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted April 03, 2006 12:01     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good news Paul, when people close to us get sick or passed away it make us go back to the roots and we take care more about each other...

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan