my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » What Voivodsong would you (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: What Voivodsong would you
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted March 27, 2006 16:06     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
share with a 19 year old guy from work who doesn't know shit about real metal music. He told me he has SOAD - Toxicity and has only heard Nothing else matters by Metallica. I told him to go listen to MOP and RTL. He loved them. Well way to go to give him some real 80's metal.

Voivod
Sodom
Kreator
Destruciton
Coroner

The Voivod song i chose is: Forgotten in Space wich i think is one of the most amazing Voivod tunes ever.
Did i make the right dicision?

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

|  IP: Logged
Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted March 27, 2006 16:14     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd offer him up a platter of Tribal Convictions followed with Forgetten In Space. I'd say that was the right call!

--------------------

"If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum."

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted March 27, 2006 16:16     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tribal is the best start up, if he can take on some weirder stuff try Brain Scan. Other suggestions : Ravenous medecine, The Unkown Kwows, the X-Stream,,, Le Pont Noir ... to much great songs .... Phobos ,,, To the Death ...

And don't forget some Slayer ... we're talking about education ! Criminally Insane !

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted March 27, 2006 16:29     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Syl Disjonk:
Tribal is the best start up, if he can take on some weirder stuff try Brain Scan. Other suggestions : Ravenous medecine, The Unkown Kwows, the X-Stream,,, Le Pont Noir ... to much great songs .... Phobos ,,, To the Death ...

And don't forget some Slayer ... we're talking about education ! Criminally Insane !

Yeah. i made mp3 of
Slayer - Angel of Death (of course)
Sodom - Sepulchar Voice
Kreator - Riot of Violence
Brutal Truth - Choice of a new generation
Napalm Death - Plage Rages
Coroner - Masked Jackal
Venom - Rip Ride

and some

Opeth, Meshuggah, Tool and the whole Probot album.That will fucking teach him a lesson.....

--------------------

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted March 27, 2006 16:37     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would teach him A Lesson In Violence.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Surf/Slam82
VoivodFan
Member # 741

posted March 27, 2006 17:02     Profile for Surf/Slam82   Email Surf/Slam82     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't listen to any pre- Angel Rat
Voivod anymore.

Too outdated.

I would shove him some Slayer, RIB, South of
Heaven, Seasons in the Abyss.

EXodus- Fabulous

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted March 27, 2006 17:02     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AngelRat:
I would teach him A Lesson In Violence.

In-fuckin'-deed!

Don't forget to tell him some Morbid Tales as well. Celtic Frost is essential listening.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted March 27, 2006 17:22       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
how is pre-Angel Rat stuff outdated?
Good music doesnt get outdated.
Classical music has been around for how many years now? No one has said it's outdated.
Led Zeppelin and the Beatles have had there stuff playing for far longer than any Voivod song and that stuff hasnt gotten anyone crying that it's outdated.

Some music after time doesnt hold up as well as when it first came out but Voivod is NOT in that category.

IP: Logged
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted March 27, 2006 17:25     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He's gotta be kidding (or on crack), haha.

--------------------

Surf/Slam82
VoivodFan
Member # 741

posted March 27, 2006 17:30     Profile for Surf/Slam82   Email Surf/Slam82     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I hate Zeppelin for exactly that reason!

Too moldy and overplayed.

I cringe when hear a Floyd tune on the radio
or 70's era Rush.

Music gets old like anything else.

And Classical, puh-leeze!

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted March 27, 2006 17:30     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He's just Gorf, under yet a new guise.
Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted March 27, 2006 17:48     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LivingEvil:
how is pre-Angel Rat stuff outdated?
Good music doesnt get outdated.
Classical music has been around for how many years now? No one has said it's outdated.
Led Zeppelin and the Beatles have had there stuff playing for far longer than any Voivod song and that stuff hasnt gotten anyone crying that it's outdated.

Some music after time doesnt hold up as well as when it first came out but Voivod is NOT in that category.

WHAT !

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted March 27, 2006 18:28     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
He's just Gorf, under yet a new guise.

Haha, so my "on crack" suspicion was closer to the truth then I thought.

--------------------

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted March 28, 2006 02:44     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah fuck all that old shit!

These days I only listen to Fringe-Metal, such as Avenger 7fold and Atereeyu. I may be in my thirties now, but I am hella down with the kids.

One you get used to Pro-Tool'd-to-fuck cookiecuttercore its very difficult to listen to music played by actual musicians, such as Vodvoi and Prayer.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted March 28, 2006 04:12     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd be tempted to break his head and play him "Thrashing Rage".
Which incidentally is the first Voivod song I ever heard, when my mate played the wrong side first.
"It hurts! It's not even music!", wails I.
Six months down the line and I was importing the American only copy of "Killing Technology" to get it early... not to mention those extortionate picture discs...

Other than that, your initial list is a fine one.

Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted March 28, 2006 05:44     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Throw in a bit of Ravenous Medicine too!!!!

And if he gets to overwhelmed with all the thrashing, give him Nothingface to prog out too

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 28, 2006 06:57     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
INTO MY HYPERCUBE

OUTDATED!!!??? to quote a famous timeless band "FUCK OFF AND DIE"!!!!!

--------------------

yawn

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted March 28, 2006 11:55     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, Tribal would probably be the best choice. Or if he's into 80's thrash, Blower. That's straightforward alright.
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted March 28, 2006 12:20     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ask 700 people and you will get 700 different answers...which will cover the entire catalog.

So here is what you do...just listen to ol Mr. Lynn here.
I am an expert on ELO songs...since i wrote them all...and therefore well qualified
on picking good Metal songs. Since my drummer was once in Black Sabbath & all (Bev Bevan).

You need to go with the songs that has the most strings arrangements in it.
But since Voivod dont have any...play 'Jack Luminous' instead.

Cheers.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted March 28, 2006 16:20     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who would be insane enough to listen to a musical advice from Jeff Lynn?

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted March 28, 2006 17:01     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaÿtanic:
Who would be insane enough to listen to a musical advice from Jeff Lynn?

The Traveling Willburys

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted March 28, 2006 17:10     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yuck.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 29, 2006 09:23     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AngelRat:
The Traveling Willburys

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Diamanda
VoivodFan
Member # 604

posted March 29, 2006 10:21     Profile for Diamanda   Email Diamanda     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
@angelrat....LLLLOOOOLLLLL

......dont forget TORNADO a must!!

Yes the old Stuff of course,
Sacred Reich
Sacrifice
POSSESSED
Dark Angel
DBC
Sepultura (old)

and and and

--------------------

It's too late
Korgull rules the earth!!!

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted March 30, 2006 02:47     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He, thank u all.

i began with shoving:

Voivod - The best of
Celtic Frost To Mega Therion
Slayer - Reign in blood
Destruction Sentence of Death / Infernal Overkill

Down his throught (?)

Next week some 90's and later on some 20's

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan