my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » VOIVOD Frontman Slams BLABBERMOUTH.NET 'Dickheads'

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: VOIVOD Frontman Slams BLABBERMOUTH.NET 'Dickheads'
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted March 22, 2006 15:18     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
On BBM - look all the negativ comments....
Fucking assholes.

VOIVOD frontman Denis "Snake" Belanger has slammed the "dickheads" on BLABBERMOUTH.NET who have reacted negatively to the online preview of the group's new track "The X-Stream". The song, which is available now for streaming at MP3.com, comes off the Canadian pioneering metal band's upcoming album, "Katorz", due in June on The End Records in North America and Nuclear Blast Records in Europe.

Responding to the comments that were posted on BLABBERMOUTH.NET following yesterday's story regarding the song's online availability, Snake wrote, "I love Blabbermouth. It's always fun to read negative comments like (this sucks) (way gay) Bla bla bla. It confirms me that I cannot please everyone and anyway this is not my goal. There are artists out there which their goals are exactly that. But I would like to see those dickheads on Blabbermouth putting a band together. It would be one of the greatest things ever happen in music industry. No one would be able to play a single note of music. They would use a beat box 'coz none of them can even count. But wait a minute, that is exactly what is playing on most music radio and television channel. C'mon guys, you can do it, it's so easy. Easy like saying 'Fuck you.'

"For those who appreciate rock/metal music in all aspect, I'd like to say thanks for your support. There's not enough rock/metal music playing out there to discredit not a single one of them. Not even [GUNS N' ROSES]. By the way, I still love them." [Snake's original post can be seen at this location — scroll down.]

As previously reported, VOIVOD recorded and mixed the album with producer Glen Robinson (ANNIHILATOR, TEA PARTY, GWAR) at Multisons studio in Montreal, Quebec, Canada and mastered the CD in New York.

The follow-up to 2003's "Voivod", "Katorz" is the first album in the band's 20-plus-year career that did not feature founding guitarist Denis "Piggy" D'Amour working alongside his bandmembers in the studio. D'Amour died August 26, 2005 in a Montreal hospital from complications of advanced colon cancer.

In order to record "Katorz", Belanger, drummer Michael "Away" Langevin, and bassist Jason "Jasonic" Newsted utilized all of the guitar parts that Piggy had recorded for the record on his laptop with ProTools before his death.

In a recent interview with Greg Prato of Billboard.com, Langevin had the following to say about the upcoming CD: "It came about in unfortunate circumstances, but the result is mind-blowing. Right before his departure, Denis explained to me that he had recorded all the tracks that we had been working on with Jason and Snake for the past two years. He had recorded that on his laptop with ProTools, and even though he would have preferred to re-do the whole thing in a real studio, there was a chance that we could use the tracks. We built the album based on the guitar tracks, which was difficult, because normally, we go the other way around — we start with the drums, and then add stuff on top. But it sounds amazing."

"'Katorz' means 14 — it's the 14th effort of the band," Belanger added. "The first time Piggy put it together and gave us the demo was on CD, [and he had written] 'Katorz', which is not the right way to write it. Of course [there is] an emotional side to it, so we took the demo, and the design of it will be his handwriting."

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

|  IP: Logged
SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted March 22, 2006 15:22     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What do you say to losers or fucking wimps ?

come on...every one together...

we say FUCK OFF AND DIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

only flowers remain...flowers to step on...flowers to burn...

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted March 22, 2006 15:26     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Snake is so right ya know.

Lets see those dumbasses start a band themselves.

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted March 22, 2006 15:54     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think commenting on all this is useless. Let the music do the talking.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted March 22, 2006 16:00     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
all blabbermouth proves is that everyone has an opinion. some of them are valid, some of them aren't, but if i was in a band right now i would not want to read about my music on bulletin boards. i've seen people get very addicted to reading comments about their stuff and i think it just fucks with their heads. one day they're just surfing a few sites to get a general reaction and the next day they're trying to get a danish translation of some blogger's review from their european tour so that they can figure out if the guy liked them or hated them or thought they should have played a longer set or a shorter set or older stuff or newer stuff or cut their hair or whatever. also, you cannot win on the net when someone does not like you or what you do. it's a fact. you risk provoking the haters to hate you more when you lash out. not that i don't think it's not worth taking that risk. but it's a risk, none the less.
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted March 22, 2006 16:12     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tell it like it is, Snake

--------------------

Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted March 22, 2006 16:12     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Unfortunately there are always going to be so called 'music enthusiasts' who like to just shit over everything - even if it's good. It probably gives them some orgasmic feeling of self righteousness or some bollocks like that.

I tend to avoid reading any 'user' comments on BBM - I just take a gander at the articles.

I'm looking forward to the new album - bring it on!

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted March 22, 2006 16:32     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nia:
[QB]... if i was in a band right now i would not want to read about my music on bulletin boards. i've seen people get very addicted to reading comments about their stuff and i think it just fucks with their heads. QB]

Perhaps you ought to post this at the Celtic Frost board?

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Anyway
VoivodFan
Member # 594

posted March 22, 2006 16:46     Profile for Anyway   Email Anyway     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
"For those who appreciate rock/metal music in all aspect, I'd like to say thanks for your support. There's not enough rock/metal music playing out there to discredit not a single one of them. Not even [GUNS N' ROSES]. By the way, I still love them."

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted March 22, 2006 17:06     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Didn't read that much negative comments on bbm, or did I..? C'mon, good taste isn't something everybody can have

Let the sound do the talking

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

Imran X
VoivodFan
Member # 17

posted March 22, 2006 17:30     Profile for Imran X   Email Imran X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Blabbermouth is full of people who are just an embarrassment to music, it's pointless to even log on to that site. I've made the mistake a time or 2 myself, but never again. Snake is 100% correct.
IronGang84
VoivodFan
Member # 624

posted March 22, 2006 17:33     Profile for IronGang84   Email IronGang84     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
One idiot trying to insult the song called it a "BAD PUNK RECORDING" haha THAT is what I love about it! It's pure dirty rock n fawkin roll!!! Snake and Away love old punk, as did Piggy and the thrashin hair monsters need to deal. Hell, the Union Made album was 77 style punk as anything!
But those toads at bbmouth only care about how hard they can bang their heads, thrusting devil horned fingers into the air, and painting band logos on their jackets that nobody can read
fuck em

--------------------

"we carry on"

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 22, 2006 20:30     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"It confirms me that I cannot please everyone and anyway this is not my goal."

good thing... that's what i love about voivod

--------------------

yawn

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted March 22, 2006 21:11       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
reading the post on blabbermouth is a huge waste of time.It's mostly just idiots posting on stuff they don't like.
They should do away with letting idiots post.
Just report the news on bands.No feedback needed.

IP: Logged
thrashingdutchman
VoivodFan
Member # 506

posted March 23, 2006 16:23     Profile for thrashingdutchman   Email thrashingdutchman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There's nothing more to say to this than the following quote, that says it all:

"Opinions are like assholes, we all have one"
- Harry Calahan (Clint Eastwood in Dirty Harry)

--------------------

V.O.I.V.O.D.:
Versatile Organism Intended for Violence and Online Destruction

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted March 23, 2006 17:21     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can't remember which version the film has, but you/it missed the functional part of the line, which follows "...and they all stink".
Huck Finn
VoivodFan
Member # 585

posted March 23, 2006 20:06     Profile for Huck Finn   Email Huck Finn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Its like my grandmother always used to say....

"Fuck them mutherfuckers and their fake ass dope habit."

What a great lady.

--------------------

Here we go Steelers, here we go!

Cthon
Member # 156

posted March 23, 2006 22:08     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
its probably all 14 year old girls posting at Blabbermouth anyway, haha.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted March 24, 2006 01:24     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i think blistermouth wins the 'Negativity' award easily beating out this site. Keep it positive!
J.

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted March 24, 2006 01:27     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lyckantropen:
Can't remember which version the film has, but you/it missed the functional part of the line, which follows "...and they all stink".

Callahan RULES!!!!!

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan