my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » The X-Stream (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 

Author Topic: The X-Stream
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted March 23, 2006 13:37     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by code:
Hmm, im not hearing that much The Outer Limits in this song, rather s/t.

I agree. Sounds more like the last album, which in all honesty, I didn't care too much for. Sorry. I know it's only one song though, hopefully the rest will sound more varied in style.

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

|  IP: Logged
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted March 23, 2006 13:39     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Code!
Mail me at uffe(AT)jox.se
Your mailaddy doesn't seem to work.

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted March 23, 2006 17:23     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It certainly sounds fairly close to the more recent records, that's undeniable, and frankly, to be expected. It has more energy and life to it than the last album, though. It's a good track, I'm happy, and I hope the rest is as good, if not better.
Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted March 23, 2006 21:12     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Finally got home from work, finally got to hear it!

I agree with this being in the s/t TOL vein. Nice, kick-ass driving song. But, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some darker/crazier stuff to be on the album too.

BTW, is June gonna be an awesome month for us old-school headbangers or what? I'm personally looking forward to the new Celtic Frost and Trouble albums as well as the 'Vod.

R.I.P

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted March 24, 2006 01:25     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Everything aside, I can almost bet my body to the streets the rest of the album will be "less commercial".

If not, then I'll put my body to the streets

--------------------

code
VoivodFan
Member # 192

posted March 24, 2006 11:29     Profile for code   Email code     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Btw. I must say i really like Snakes vox on this song. Creds to you Snake and your cool punk/metal voice!

--------------------

Tonight we celebrate!

Huck Finn
VoivodFan
Member # 585

posted March 26, 2006 14:27     Profile for Huck Finn   Email Huck Finn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Two quick things
1. Loved the song
2. Got emotional for me when I remembered Snake's comments in the The End blog about him and piggy driving.

While I was listening to it, I pictured Piggy in my mind. Bobbing his head with that slight grin he always wore on his face.

I cant wait for the new record.

Thanks to everyone.

--------------------

Here we go Steelers, here we go!

SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted March 26, 2006 16:08     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Finally we get a first glimpse of the new record...its bit commercial, but I still like it...im just hungrier to hear the rest of the new album...thx guys....TO THE DEATH

--------------------

only flowers remain...flowers to step on...flowers to burn...

SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted March 27, 2006 02:24     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

only flowers remain...flowers to step on...flowers to burn...

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted March 27, 2006 11:57     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like how it's followed immediately by Killing Technology in the alphabetical listing on my itunes.
RIFLEFIST
VoivodFan
Member # 180

posted March 27, 2006 22:40     Profile for RIFLEFIST   Email RIFLEFIST     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Definately a classic VOIVOD rocker to open the new album. There is no way The Outer Limits could have anything but Fix My Heart as the opening track or Gasmask Revival on S/T. This is nature my friends! Wicked tune!
code
VoivodFan
Member # 192

posted March 28, 2006 14:28     Profile for code   Email code     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
On the list of tracks i have seen so far Its Dognation that is the opener track. But this might change of course. On that same list the X stream was called X-tremental or something.

--------------------

Tonight we celebrate!

RIFLEFIST
VoivodFan
Member # 180

posted March 29, 2006 09:23     Profile for RIFLEFIST   Email RIFLEFIST     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well if thats the case than I probably have a bad case of foot in mouth disease and need a whole lot a shut the fuck up than. But that would definately be a rocker to open with.
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted March 30, 2006 04:40     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
Even I like it...

but if I saw Katorz next to the remaster of Killing Technology...the four basic forces would guide my hand to...

..."we are connected..."

sure Warcorpse...
theres nothing you can do against those four basic forces but obey...
they are so powerful when they are cmbined...

I finally managed to d/l the track, took me like 40 mins but it was well worth it...
listend to it twice in a row to see what would come to my mind...

at first it reminded me a lot of the last album mainly because of Snakes vox, but the riffs had a darker, meaner vibe to it...
I must say that I like it and as I type I feel the need to listen to it again...

thanks to Skul for making the shit available and to Voïvod for releasing Piggys (RIP) music... cant wait to hear the whole thing!

it high time we were RE-CONNECTED for good!

--------------------

I hear the things you say but tell me...
what do you mean?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 30, 2006 19:15     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have the X-STREAM as my #1 tune on my IPOD Shuffle so I've been overdosing on it and the more I listen to it the more I love it. I gotta say that Snake has a great grasp of the English language and I've always loved his play on words. It was especially evident on NONE OF THE ABOVE which is still lyrically among my fav tunes of all time.

all this talk about the new song... I gotta crank it up NOW...

--------------------

yawn

Yashka
VoivodFan
Member # 351

posted March 31, 2006 03:46     Profile for Yashka   Email Yashka     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Whats the release date for this again?
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted March 31, 2006 22:03     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Junish

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted April 15, 2006 17:55     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Love it

--------------------

String em up

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan