my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » The X-Stream (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Author Topic: The X-Stream
IronGang84
VoivodFan
Member # 624

posted March 21, 2006 18:11     Profile for IronGang84   Email IronGang84     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great job guys! Can't wait to hear the other songs that made the final cut... When I first heard the demo version in September, I was thinking "Union Made" - but better

--------------------

"we carry on"

|  IP: Logged
code
VoivodFan
Member # 192

posted March 21, 2006 20:09     Profile for code   Email code     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It really sounds dirty and pretty heavy. Man that bass sound is a killer. Perhaps its the lesser quality that makes it sound so scrappy? In either way i like it. Piggys riffs ftw! I want more!

--------------------

Tonight we celebrate!

Imran X
VoivodFan
Member # 17

posted March 21, 2006 21:29     Profile for Imran X   Email Imran X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pure Voivod, catchy & hard to forget. Sounds like great driving music. Amazing song!
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted March 21, 2006 21:38     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What a great song, fucking unbelievable....in so many ways....

Thanks for sharing Piggy .

Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted March 21, 2006 22:21     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've listened to it a bunch of times throughout the day. It sounds it's most Voivodlike near the end of the song where piggy twists that main riff and Snake does the whole 'one thousand one... one thoussand two' vocal.

Sweet, can't wait to hear the album version - it'll sound much fuller and more powerful (streaming really can squish all the guts out of the sound unfortunately, with the compression used).

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted March 21, 2006 22:52     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I also hear the Union Made in the rockin' main riff and Snake's vox. Kick ass track. Love the vibe on this. Digging the bass sound alot. Nice one Jasonic! Piggy fucking rules. Can't wait for the album!
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 22, 2006 01:25     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thanks to vince for sending this track to me before i headed to vvf.com tonight... i fuckin love it. catchy, groovy, heavy, VOIVOD.

upon first listen i was also thinking about the Unionmade vibe. kinda punky

the guys did a great job with this track and i look forward to hearing the rest of it uncompressed and loud as fuck

--------------------

yawn

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted March 22, 2006 08:10     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Heard it!

Yeah kind of a Union Made-esque vibe (which is a good thing!), good driving tune, i love the opening riff (like, very stoner rock, dude). Piggy's sound is amazing, unbelievable that he just recorded it at home. Absolutely listenable, indeed.

Who said something about Snake's vocals? I think they're great! Raunchy, gutsy, and it's mixed very well with the whole sound, unlike the lobster album, where the vocals sounded on top of the music. Is it me or Glen's production will kick major amounts of the proverbial ass?

Can't wait for the whole thing. TO THE DEATH... AND BEYOND!!!!!!!

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted March 22, 2006 09:59     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The End Records has posted a much better sounding version of the song... along with the rest of their sampler:
http://www.theendrecords.com/label/var/altend/

Snake
VoivodFan
Member # 580

posted March 22, 2006 10:03     Profile for Snake   Email Snake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm so happy to see the reactions from the
X-Stream glimpse.I'm sure PIGGY is smiling
right now.

Thanks people

Cheers!

Snake

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted March 22, 2006 10:13     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Snake:
I'm so happy to see the reactions from the
X-Stream glimpse.I'm sure PIGGY is smiling
right now.

Thanks people

Cheers!

Snake

No.... thank YOU.

iancstewart
VoivodFan
Member # 212

posted March 22, 2006 10:29     Profile for iancstewart   Email iancstewart     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fucking awesome!

--------------------

DVD trade list http://blog.360.yahoo.com/iancstewart

METAL MAGAZINE SCANS
http://ripitoutscans.blogspot.com

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted March 22, 2006 11:16     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Excellent.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted March 22, 2006 11:57     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I dig this!

Nobody, I repeat NOBODY can touch Piggy's riffs! Thank you Voïvod, thank you Piggy!

Props to The End Records too. I don't see too many label samplers that make me drool like this one. A perfect place for the almighty Voïvod. When can I preorder this, haha!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted March 22, 2006 14:10     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Amen, X-D. I've had this thing playing all day. I think there are half a dozen bands on here that I need to add to my list....

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

tony galiffo
VoivodFan
Member # 774

posted March 22, 2006 14:39     Profile for tony galiffo   Email tony galiffo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
here i re-edited the tag info for mp3 players....
http://www.sendspace.com/file/9xirqd

--------------------

"some people look at the glass and think its half full; well i see the glass as half empty and ask the world who fucking drank my drink!?''
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted March 22, 2006 15:12     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I forgot to re-edit the tag when i updated the mp3... like it matters!
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted March 22, 2006 16:41     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As an extremely hard-to-please old school Voivod fan.. this new track pleases me.

Great vocals, excellent Away drums, proper Voivod bass (at last!) and... oooh...

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted March 22, 2006 18:51     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi all!

First time poster here, Voivod fan since '85. Yup, I'm old and in the way.

Hearing this track does my heart good, especially a SOLO finally!

Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got 'em.

Lots of people who like to live in the past (which is occasionally fine) are naturally against progression. I really liked the self-titled album when it came out, but then I started to realize that I liked it because I knew it was Voivod. Being one of my favorite bands EVER, hearing their songs is like getting a letter from a friend.

After the album came out, I was confronted by another old-schooler who asked me "would you still like this as much if it wasn't Voivod? What if it was some unknowns, would you still like it as much?" My answer was, no. And I felt badly for admitting this, but of course it's best to be honest.

With this confession out of the way, I'm happy to say that I really DO like this track. It has velocity! Though I'd have preferred the vocals to be way less prominent in the mix (Glen, grrrr), it's really quite good overall.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the album, not only to hear more VOIVOD, but because I really think that the rest of the material will be even heavier- They probably released this track as a semi-commercial taster, no?

And there's my opinion that none of you should bother to care about at all. Who cares what anyone thinks? VOIVOD LIVES!

All the best, PAULIE

PS Blabbermouth is exactly that, a lot of socialites reveling in how supposedly anti-social they are. Lame.

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted March 22, 2006 19:25     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome Paulie...!
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 22, 2006 19:44     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Loved it. Am I the only one who is hearing an 'Outer Limits' vibe?? The beginning really reminded me of that period.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 22, 2006 20:16     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i hear a VOIVOD vibe

love the vibe, the groove, the sound, the vocals, bass, drums, lyrics, guitar, etc...
salivating for the rest of the new masterpiece

--------------------

yawn

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted March 23, 2006 05:04     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think this is another track from that Collapse tape!

Seriously though, it's a cool tune. I agree with the Union Made & Outer Limits comparisons. Bring on June...

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted March 23, 2006 05:25     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Loved it. Am I the only one who is hearing an 'Outer Limits' vibe?? The beginning really reminded me of that period.

Same here Mez, but it's like Outer Limits with a dirtier, meaner approach...and the drive in that song, that's amazing. Snake's vocals remind me of TOL too, which is cool because he does a fantastic job on that one too. I'm loving the mix also, sounds well balanced, Glen did justice to the music...and I haven't heard the uncompressed version yet! My palms are sweating because I anticipate the album so much, I'm not kidding here! Can't wait!! Thank you Voivod!!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

code
VoivodFan
Member # 192

posted March 23, 2006 13:22     Profile for code   Email code     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:

Hmm, im not hearing that much The Outer Limits in this song, rather s/t. TOLs music and production is more spacy and advanced imo.

--------------------

Tonight we celebrate!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan