my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » The X-Stream (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Author Topic: The X-Stream
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted March 21, 2006 08:55     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The first real glimpse of Katorz.

I recorded the End Records stream of the song and here it is for you.

Voivod - The X-Stream

(UPDATED; much cleaner sounding version)

You *will* get a little emotional... I have.
The track reminds me of Union Made's "Save The World".... and i fucking LOVE IT!

BLAST THE MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|  IP: Logged
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 21, 2006 09:06     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh Skul! Thanks for that!

...that was very emotional but the song was great. thank you thank you thank you

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted March 21, 2006 09:15     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice work Skul. Blasting now.
NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted March 21, 2006 09:27     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is a fine, fine thing Skulhed. Thanks.

I wanted so much to love this album. It's somehow really important to me that I love it.
It now looks certain to happen.

Phew!

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted March 21, 2006 09:28     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn you, office computer! Can't listen to mp3s! Can't wait to hear this... \m/ \m/
nell
VoivodFan
Member # 171

posted March 21, 2006 10:21     Profile for nell   Email nell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Awesome!

Sounds fukking great even on my crap work headphones!
Cheers for posting that Skul. i'm even more stoked about the new album now....

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted March 21, 2006 10:58     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Many thanks for making that available, Skul! Cheers

Sounds like it would have fit comfortably on the last album. At about 3:16 we get a tease of a Piggy solo!... then it stops.

Not crazy about the vox production, but it's great to hear Snake's voice again. I like how present the bass is. Good drum mix. Honestly, I prefer 'quirky' Voivod more than 'straightforward' Voivod but I'm gonna be there on release day with money in hand.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted March 21, 2006 10:59     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, thanks skull.
Listened to the song 2 times allready. I like it. To be honest it didn't blast me away the way "Insect" did when i heard it for the first time. I think it is better then no13.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted March 21, 2006 11:02     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's a rocker with a twist!
Ride fast wild party music to crank up all the way.

It remain me of Union Made too.

It put a smile on my face it make me wanna forget about my work and PARTY NOW!

I like Snake voice, he sound like have a blast.

The end of song sound like drinking too much and seeing double.

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted March 21, 2006 11:17     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks-a-million Skul! You rule!

Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted March 21, 2006 11:41     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank you .
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted March 21, 2006 12:03     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just heard this and all i can say is...

OH MY GODDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is GREAT!
I am stunned by what a great job Away, Jason and Snake did.
They deserve a lot of praise for sure!

VOIVOD LIVES!

Thanks again Skul.

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted March 21, 2006 13:34     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great to finally hear something!

Yes, many thanks indeed!!!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted March 21, 2006 14:15     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It really sounds great, they all four did a great job putting this together

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

CanuckOutcast
VoivodFan
Member # 739

posted March 21, 2006 14:45     Profile for CanuckOutcast   Email CanuckOutcast     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the whole albums smokes!

--------------------

I want ALL your vinyl -- or else!

Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted March 21, 2006 14:54     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A very cool thing to start the day with.

Thanks Skul!

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted March 21, 2006 14:57     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I look like this now. ->
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted March 21, 2006 15:07     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
KILLER!!! I like this song.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted March 21, 2006 15:16     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks Skul, you tha man for doing this!

I'm listening right now, really digging it. Nice dominating riff Piggy has throughout the song. I like how it slows down after the chorus. DEFINATELY Voivod here.

This has officially made my wait for the album even more excruciating

--------------------

MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted March 21, 2006 16:03     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DAMN I LOVE VOIVOD!
nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted March 21, 2006 16:11     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks Skul
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted March 21, 2006 16:36     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sounds promising
Now i'm sure what i will be playing this summer!

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted March 21, 2006 16:59       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
sounds EXCELLENT!!!!
thanks for posting that little morsel.

IP: Logged
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted March 21, 2006 17:14     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This particular song sounds like a mix of s/t and Union Made.

Thanks Skul!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Cthon
Member # 156

posted March 21, 2006 17:43     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
it does have a Union Made vibe (which isnt a bad thing at all)...

and yeesh, the bass actually sounded heavy!

thanks, Pat. very cool of you.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan