my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod on the Autobahn

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Voivod on the Autobahn
Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted March 17, 2006 08:20     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Me alone on the Autobahn. No speed limits. Negatron/Phobos cassette running. No loudness limits.

To hear Voivod that way was moving. I felt like a mortally ill person, for whom the riffs were the saving medicine. Every note flowed through me. I nearly cried because of the beauteousness and convexness Voivod created. This band is so very more than the rest.

|  IP: Logged
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted March 17, 2006 13:32     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If you got off on that, just wait 'til to put Turbo on! WOW!!!

(who needs coke?)

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted March 17, 2006 14:27     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would probably end up Playing Dopesmoker with sleep and find myself getting a fine for doubleparking between fast lanes.

Seriously.
The best music sure has moments where you find yourself feeling as if you're in another world. Voivod has lot's of songs where they invite you onto a fantastic ride. Just sit down on your couch, shut you eyes and go

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted March 17, 2006 15:10     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vroomfondler:
Just sit down on your couch, shut you eyes and go

Better not shut your eyes while driving though... Did that once, came away with it.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted March 17, 2006 15:18     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haha
I don't even own a damn bike. BUT i have a huge couch in front of 2 15" bass speakers. That's all i need.

At least until i buy my next Alfa Romeo

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted March 18, 2006 00:26     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great thread!

--------------------

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted March 18, 2006 09:04     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Reminds me of the first time I heard The Outer Limits....just purchased (cassette!!) at Rough Trade Music on Haight Street. Popped it into the player, headphones on and W-O-W. Walking down the street, the sun was shining, it was truly a beautiful day....

I must have looked liked the biggest fool with the biggest smile on my face hearing that for the first time

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan