my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » SUPERNOVA...with Jason Newstead (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: SUPERNOVA...with Jason Newstead
Cthon
Member # 156

posted March 17, 2006 18:06     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MadMeg:
Wait, Gilby had a solo cd? And for what mysterious reason did you acquire 15 copies? Did you figure it was gonna be a collectors item someday?

my dad bought tons of vinyl/tapes/CDs before he died several years ago...im in the process of determining what i want to keep right now. he had bought cds in lots and that Gilby Clarke seems to be one of them. ive also got about 15 copies of "Latina Gangsta Rap Classics Vol. 2", haha.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005QG82/qid=1142636300/sr=1-4/ref=sr_1_4/103-9303558-3947050?s=music&v=glance&n=5174

looks like this one i have was decent enough to get reissued, anyways, haha!

ive got probably around 250 (terrible) cds still in the wrapper. if nothing else, i can always trade them in at a local record store..theyve got a pretty killer deal going for trade-ins:
http://www.buymusichere.net/rel/v2_home.php?storenr=39&deptnr=35

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

|  IP: Logged
Huck Finn
VoivodFan
Member # 585

posted March 17, 2006 20:00     Profile for Huck Finn   Email Huck Finn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow this almost makes Lars seem cool.

Maybe he may mention VV or wear a shirt to promote the new record.

I doubt it.

--------------------

Here we go Steelers, here we go!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 18, 2006 11:06     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cthon:
[QB]ive also got about 15 copies of "Latina Gangsta Rap Classics Vol. 2", haha.[QB]

May I have one of those?

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 18, 2006 11:11     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nia:

Jason Newsted:

"The anticipation is building in me every day. This is a supergroup in the truest sense."

::insert barf emoticom here::

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Cthon
Member # 156

posted March 18, 2006 16:52     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cthon:
[QB]ive also got about 15 copies of "Latina Gangsta Rap Classics Vol. 2", haha.[QB]

May I have one of those?

just one?

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

CanuckOutcast
VoivodFan
Member # 739

posted March 18, 2006 17:14     Profile for CanuckOutcast   Email CanuckOutcast     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Huck Finn:
Wow this almost makes Lars seem cool. Maybe he may mention VV or wear a shirt to promote the new record. I doubt it.
Yeppers

--------------------

I want ALL your vinyl -- or else!

IronGang84
VoivodFan
Member # 624

posted March 21, 2006 18:13     Profile for IronGang84   Email IronGang84     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Way to soil the Voivod name there

--------------------

"we carry on"

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted March 21, 2006 22:57     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think the whole talent show/American Idol/Pop Star thing is lame and gay, but I'll watch this one, just to see if Voivod gets a plug and to see Jason play. The singer from Confessor made it to the first TV round!

Scott Jeffreys, the lead singer of the reunited Raleigh, North Carolina-based band CONFESSOR, has made the first-round taping in his region of the new CBS "Rock Star" series.

"Rock Star" (working title) is to select a lead singer for SUPERNOVA — the new supergroup featuring MÖTLEY CRÜE drummer Tommy Lee, former METALLICA bassist and current VOIVOD member Jason Newsted, and onetime GUNS N' ROSES axeman Gilby Clarke. The new singer will be chosen from 16 hopefuls when the second edition of CBS's "Rock Star" returns summer 2006. In addition, "Rock Star" has signed songwriter-performer Butch Walker to produce SUPERNOVA's first album, to be released just before the new band hits the road in 2007. Walker, named Rolling Stone's 2005 "hot" producer, has written or produced tracks for AVRIL LAVIGNE, PINK, BOWLING FOR SOUP and TOMMY LEE.

Commented Jeffreys: "I was actually just curious to see if they would put me through. Knowing Jason is in VOIVOD, I thought it could be intriguing to see how far it might go."

CONFESSOR recently released their new full-length album, "Unraveled", via Season of Mist Records. The CD was produced by Dick Hodgin (ex-CORROSION OF CONFORMITY producer) and is said to be "a wonderful representation of the classic CONFESSOR twisted guitar riffing and complex drumming, meshed with some more straight-forward parts and a very melodic vocal approach."

CONFESSOR split up in the early '90s after releasing one full-length album (1991's "Condemned") and EP (1992's "Confessor") CONFESSOR reformed in 2002 following the death of guitarist Ivan Colon, who passed away due to cardiac complications.

To hear more of CONFESSOR, visit www.confessorband.com.

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted March 21, 2006 23:17     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, now THIS I have to see.

(so...when's this thing air again?)

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted March 22, 2006 04:52     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What. The. Fuck?
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted March 25, 2006 12:51     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey:
I'm glad Jason didn't use "Rock Star" as a vehicle to find a new guitar player for his other band. That would have been WAYYYYYYYY worse...

Oh I just got it. You're a bad man!

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted April 05, 2006 14:52     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
let the games begin!
release the hooooooooounnnndsssss!

Rock Star 2 audition

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted April 05, 2006 15:09     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think it would be funny if Blacky auditioned. Irony and stuff.
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted April 05, 2006 15:23     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
what would have been funny (and ironic) would have been blacky auditioning for metallica. for rockstar2 no one could be funnier than jonas. i hope he wins. it validates everyone who started out on the high school lypsynch circuit.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted April 05, 2006 15:39     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That dude rocks more than the band he's hoping to be in. Hehe.
JCN1971
VoivodFan
Member # 742

posted April 05, 2006 20:35     Profile for JCN1971   Email JCN1971     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
That dude rocks more than the band he's hoping to be in.

How do you know? Have you heard any of their songs? They might be really kick-ass and shock the lot of you.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 06, 2006 08:35     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JCN1971:
How do you know? Have you heard any of their songs? They might be really kick-ass and shock the lot of you.

Yeah, think about it:
Tommy Lee = quadruple bassdrum action & rotating drumkit.

Now THAT'S Rock'n'Roll!

PS: love the new avatar, nia. Where does it come from?

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted April 06, 2006 10:44     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
it's a montreal (via winnipeg) artist, tyson bodnarchuk. you can also check out his stuff on the l'autre galerie website.
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted April 06, 2006 12:34     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JCN1971:

How do i know? Christ, have you SEEN the guy? All i can say is "Top that!!"

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted April 06, 2006 12:37     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Snooty Art freaks. (I am just joking.) lol.

Did anyone see what Jason said about the people who say he has "Sold Out" by doing this?
It was on Blabbermuff.

I agree with what he said. But then I am Jeff Lynn of ELO so what do i know anyways.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan