my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » SUPERNOVA...with Jason Newstead (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: SUPERNOVA...with Jason Newstead
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted March 16, 2006 14:52     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
From Blabbermouth:

TOMMY LEE, JASON NEWSTED And GILBY CLARKE Could Run Into Legal Trouble Over SUPERNOVA Name - Mar. 16, 2006

MTV.com is reporting that SUPERNOVA — the new supergroup featuring MÖTLEY CRÜE drummer Tommy Lee, former METALLICA bassist and current VOIVOD member Jason Newsted, and onetime GUNS N' ROSES axeman Gilby Clarke — could end up running into some legal trouble down the line over their name. Back in the early 1990s, a poppy punk trio called SUPERNOVA emerged from California's Orange County. The band, which released its first album on Atlantic Records in 1995, is perhaps best known for the track "Chewbacca", which appeared on the soundtrack to Kevin Smith's "Clerks".

As previously reported, SUPERNOVA will be utilizing the "Rock Star" TV program to search for a lead singer. In addition, "Rock Star" has signed songwriter-performer Butch Walker to produce SUPERNOVA's first album, to be released just before the new band hits the road in 2007. Walker, named Rolling Stone's 2005 "hot" producer, has written or produced tracks for AVRIL LAVIGNE, PINK, BOWLING FOR SOUP and TOMMY LEE.

Dave Navarro and Brooke Burke will return as hosts. Each weekly episode, which will air on CBS-TV, will also now feature guest appearances by celebs or rockers.

::::::

Should be interresting. Wish i could see that show here in Europe.

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 16, 2006 15:02     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tommy, Gilby, and Jasonic...Rock On Guys! Rock on............Gonna definitely join that street team. And Dave dumbass Navarro is gonna be hosting 'RockStar'?? Oh man..talk about blowing up the tv.
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted March 16, 2006 15:02     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Eww... That's a cred-reducer for sure. Way gay.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted March 16, 2006 15:44     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Tommy, Gilby, and Jasonic...Rock On Guys! Rock on............Gonna definitely join that street team. And Dave dumbass Navarro is gonna be hosting 'RockStar'?? Oh man..talk about blowing up the tv.

Yes, but there's also Brooke Burke. But yeah I agree, Jason is kinda blowing it here. Doesn't he have enough money from that other band?

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted March 16, 2006 15:48     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm glad Jason didn't use "Rock Star" as a vehicle to find a new guitar player for his other band. That would have been WAYYYYYYYY worse...
Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted March 16, 2006 16:10     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh you have got to be kidding me.

On the bright side, it's nice to see Tommy Lee has gone back to what he's best at - drumming. (and making an ass of himself on national television, of course) Anybody wanna take bets on how long before Jason takes a bass to Tommy's head?

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 16, 2006 18:00     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Number 6:

Should be interresting.

::insert barf emoticom here::

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 16, 2006 18:20     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd just slap an e on the end.
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted March 16, 2006 21:00     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I suppose it's good to know that honour, decency and dignity continues to prevail over crass prostitution of oneself to the mass market.

Oh, wait, I know this one...

Cthon
Member # 156

posted March 16, 2006 21:33     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i just dug about 15 copies of Gilby Clarkes solo cd (all still in the wrapper) out of my attic. i couldnt sell them brand new, haha, let alone used.

now Izzy Straddlin? theres a fucking guitarist.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted March 16, 2006 21:34     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hahahahahaaaaa!!! well what else can i say? oh, i know. HA!
Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted March 16, 2006 22:33     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hatross:

Rock Stare? That's kinda catchy.
Well, Mr. 'sonic better be sportin' a VOIVOD tee in every episode!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted March 16, 2006 23:25     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cthon:
i just dug about 15 copies of Gilby Clarkes solo cd (all still in the wrapper) out of my attic. i couldnt sell them brand new, haha, let alone used.

now Izzy Straddlin? theres a fucking guitarist.

Wait, Gilby had a solo cd? And for what mysterious reason did you acquire 15 copies? Did you figure it was gonna be a collectors item someday?

(on a side note, my sister was a HUGE GnR fan as a kid, and one of her best friends named her dog Gilby. If I remember correctly it was a sheltie. Nice little dog. )

--------------------

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted March 16, 2006 23:39     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hatross:

Supernovae? Would actually be a good name for a bunch of aging stars who will probably explode all over the place. Or they could go a step further and call themselves Black Hole.

--------------------

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted March 16, 2006 23:40     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anthony:
Yes, but there's also Brooke Burke?

Kinda off topic here, but didn't she pose for playboy before? I thought I heard she did...so does anyone have a link to some photos if they exist? Pretty please, for Mr. perverto here!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

JCN1971
VoivodFan
Member # 742

posted March 17, 2006 11:58     Profile for JCN1971   Email JCN1971     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Tommy, Gilby, and Jasonic...Rock On Guys! Rock on............Gonna definitely join that street team.

Is this sarcasm?

Surf/Slam82
VoivodFan
Member # 741

posted March 17, 2006 13:02     Profile for Surf/Slam82   Email Surf/Slam82     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Did Newsted run out of Metalli-cash or something?

Come back to the fam, you don't need to
scrape the floor and do VH1!

VOIVOD FOREVER !!!!!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted March 17, 2006 13:27     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Amazing! I am the only one here who is actually interrested in this? lol!

It should all be good for a laugh at least.
I think just maybe some good music will come of it too, but who knows.

Ok...go back to your barfing now.

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted March 17, 2006 14:08     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Still think they could've done better than Gilby Clark! I wonder if the Sheltie is still kickin'? Meg?

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted March 17, 2006 14:11     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
don't get me wrong, i am interested. it's going to be like watching a car crash. there'll be the "heavy" songs that the contestants will perform in their auditions (i predict a lot of zep, and hmmm, maybe some van halen or aerosmith), the songs that the "band" comes up with should be afuckingmazing, and then there's the filters they will use to hide the band's wrinkles with that soap opera glow. and of course dave the dwarf will be performing since the first time this show aired he took every opportunity to rock out with inxs in his teeny tiny leather pants. if that didn't convince you that this is going to be comedy gold then check out these quotes:

Tommy Lee:

"Starting a new band with old friends on worldwide television is going to be a blast."

Jason Newsted:

"The anticipation is building in me every day. This is a supergroup in the truest sense."

Gilby Clarke:

"Rock n' Roll is so alive and I'm so excited to be a part of CBS's Rock Star. This is television history."

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted March 17, 2006 14:55     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WOOOOOOOO!!!

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted March 17, 2006 15:32     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slug:
Still think they could've done better than Gilby Clark! I wonder if the Sheltie is still kickin'? Meg?

Hm... I'm not sure how long Shelties typically live, but they're not large dogs so they can probably go 15 years or more. *counting on fingers* Lessee...my sister's 27 now soooo that's about 11-12 years ago. I'll have to say it's possible. Might have arthritis in his paws now though. Probably not the best substitute for The Real Gilby Clarke in a band at this point.

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted March 17, 2006 16:48     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nia:
and of course dave the dwarf will be performing

HAHA!

This show is a big surprise to me. Gonna have to tune in

--------------------

JCN1971
VoivodFan
Member # 742

posted March 17, 2006 17:16     Profile for JCN1971   Email JCN1971     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I hope this goes well for Jason and I will be be glued to my tv set throughout the series (just like the rest of you). It would be interesting to know how he ended up in a band with these guys. Hopefully he won't change his image to look like them.

quote:
"This is a supergroup in the truest sense."

I must admit, this quote has got me a bit worried about what state of mind Jason is in at the moment. He is already calling them a supergroup. This is just ridiculous and embarressing. I hope he does not go and make a caricature of himself on national tv.

GOOD LUCK JASONIC (you'll fucking need it).

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted March 17, 2006 17:36     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Challenging Metallica like he did before album13 was st00pid. Metallica sucks donkey johnson now of course, and has been sucking a whole damn herd of them since Justice. But, that wasn't too bright.

However. It's really cool that he left that sell-out coke addicitve piece of shit band and took the chance to play in a band he's been a fan of for years. He's been good for Piggy and the boys ol´ Jasonic

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan