my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Last night @ Napalm Death and Kreator

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Last night @ Napalm Death and Kreator
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted March 11, 2006 21:47     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
One rule of thumb: Never get too wasted before a show!!!

I guess talking to friends and drinking cheap American beer ($2 Pabst Blue Ribbons) was more of a priority last night! haha!! Oh my aching head!

*Although, I did get to hang out with Mitch Harris for most of Kreator's set...he's extremely cool and very funny! He's also an American (so he says anyway) but he's got a very heavy French accent for being from the U.S....kinda weird.

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

|  IP: Logged
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 11, 2006 22:54     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ahhhh yes...nothing like good ole cheap ass beer and the shit feeling the next day.

How was Napalm? Or were you in a black cloud of drunken-stupor-ness?

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted March 12, 2006 00:37       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
was this the Seattle show?
IP: Logged
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted March 12, 2006 12:32     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I was just informed from a buddy of mine at the show that later in the night I did a "little dance" with my pants around my ankles...

Hopefully I was at least somewhat "hard" so it would appear I had at least 3 inches!

and yes it was the Seattle show.

--------------------

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted March 13, 2006 12:18     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I was sorry to miss the show until I read that last bit, so thanks!

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted March 13, 2006 12:22     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Eeeeeee! I missed both Mitch Harris & Blackcloud's winky. Bummer.
London's no fun hehehehe

--------------------

String em up

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 20, 2006 12:55     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
KRE A TOR! KRE A TOR! KRE A TOR!
The Launchpad was packed with people Saturday night. After skipping us last time out with Vader, Mille seemed happy indeed with the overwhelming response. Bunch of crazy-ass drunk metalheads throwing each other round and round. The set list stayed true to the one posted somewhere on this forum. Damn, they were good. Great swarming hair and flashy-dashy lights and lots of Mille saying things like: "People of Albuquerque, I want to see you go crazy!" Or some shit like that. I got a kick outta his: "PEOPLE OF ALBUQUERQUE" phrase. That fucker's voice makes one bleed from the ears and nose. Love it!

I missed about 20 minutes of Napalm's set...again!!! ARGGH! They started playing at 8pm for fuck's sake. I'm all for all-ages show, but shit, this was a Saturday night. The show was over by 11pm. The mighty Napalm Death tore shit up! What happened to Barney? LAst time they came through 'Burque, he looked thin and trim, but Sat. night, he was round of face and bloated of belly, ha! Who cares, they ruled! The sound was excellent and I wonder if it was due to the packed house. Catch this show if you can. Well worth the ticket price.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted March 20, 2006 13:15     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
What happened to Barney? LAst time they came through 'Burque, he looked thin and trim, but Sat. night, he was round of face and bloated of belly, ha!

I remember seeing them back in '91...Barney, the cool motherfucker that he is, was going around handing out Napalm Death pins to everyone in the parking lot. Back then he was just as jolly as old St. Nick...even on stage later on, he looked like a drunken, bloated Ozzy Osbourne, had his shirt off and sweating like a pig...the "rolls" were definitely rolling! He's cool as fuck though, and brutal as hell!!!

--------------------

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted March 20, 2006 23:34     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ditto! It was a great show. Many old-schoolers came out for this show including some chaps from my old school days! I imagine it wasn't fun mopping up all the hair after the mayhem.
Finally got to see Kreator!! Now if only Color Me Bad would come back my life would be complete!
[

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

RIFLEFIST
VoivodFan
Member # 180

posted March 22, 2006 21:42     Profile for RIFLEFIST   Email RIFLEFIST     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I saw the Seattle show and yeah they started early. A three hour drive from Vancouver but man was it worth it. KREATOR and NAPALM are definately still at the top of the Metal food chain. Live and in the studio.They're new albums are great!

I saw both of them about 8 years ago when metal was dead and it seemed as though they where just barely staying alive in the scene with low turnout and poor enthusiasm onstage but the Seattle show really blew me away. I'm takin that one to the Grave with me!

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted March 22, 2006 22:46     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
I saw both of them about 8 years ago when metal was dead and it seemed as though they where just barely staying alive in the scene with low turnout and poor enthusiasm onstage

Yeah, I remember seeing Kreator at the China club back in '96 on the Cause for Conflict tour too...it was sad to see kreator in such a shit-hole-dive with such a shitty P.A. system! But it was extremely cool to sit and chat with Mille at the bar without any distractions!!!

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan