my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » new Voivod album

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: new Voivod album
ericTHEpinch
VoivodFan
Member # 54

posted March 09, 2006 14:40     Profile for ericTHEpinch   Email ericTHEpinch     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i went to a listening party for the new voivod album yesterday in montreal.

nice little event, well put together. thanks to the end records for the voivod shirt, way cool.

i arrive at song #5 (10 songs all together)

i really like what i heard. this wil be a great album. kind of a mix of all the stuff they did previously. theres a bit of the last album into this one but with more punch and crunch to it so to speak. and parts that are like old stuff they did. it was very special to hear piggy guitar parts, you dont listen to it with the same hear or with the same state of mind. i notice the drum a lot on those songs, seem like a great drumming session from away there.

snake, away and jason newsted was there.

newsted is just like any other guy present at the event, no rock star attitude or aura, i like that a lot cause at the end of the day he his a regular guy like all of us.

thumbs up to the end and adrian for the nice event.

i cant wait to have the real cd with booklet in my hands.

|  IP: Logged
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 09, 2006 14:59     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Eric! Thanks for that...sounds like we all wish we could have been there.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted March 09, 2006 15:10     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sounds cool Eric, thanks! How's that Voivod t-shirt? Familiar designs or something new?

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted March 09, 2006 15:48     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank you, i wish i could have been there. Does the album really sound like the last one and RRROOOAAARRR together?? Can't imagine! Can't wait also.....

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted March 09, 2006 16:27     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Every morning. I wake up. Mourning. After another endless night of insomnia. My throat hoarse from screaming at nightmarish interludes between endless lapses of nothing. Staring at the ceiling. Mourning. Dehydrated and soulless I carry my lifeless body out of my coffin. Slowly I crawl towards the mirror. I stare back at two bloodshot eyes staring at me. Mourning. Soulless. My aching limbs painfully carry my empty self towards my pc. Fingers like bones move over the keyboard logging me in. Looking at the burning screen my dead eyes are hungering for any info regarding...

KATORZ!!!

Goddamn, I can't wait any longer...NEED IT!!!(Am I fucking impatient or what!?)

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 09, 2006 18:59     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
sounds like it's going to be a monster. thank for the post eric. nice to know Jason is still down to earth, i never had the impression he was anything but. I've seen documenteries on Metallica and the Govt Mule tribute to Woody and Newsted always sems like a kid living out his dreams and having the time of his life doing what he loves.

--------------------

yawn

ericTHEpinch
VoivodFan
Member # 54

posted March 10, 2006 03:07     Profile for ericTHEpinch   Email ericTHEpinch     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
Sounds cool Eric, thanks! How's that Voivod t-shirt? Familiar designs or something new?

the shirt is the logo that the end record use. simple but nice. new logo its not old school. they also gave away sticker with a logo for the label (the end) that away did.

ericTHEpinch
VoivodFan
Member # 54

posted March 10, 2006 03:09     Profile for ericTHEpinch   Email ericTHEpinch     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
Thank you, i wish i could have been there. Does the album really sound like the last one and RRROOOAAARRR together?? Can't imagine! Can't wait also.....

im bad to describe albums in details. it does sound like the last one in parts and does sound like some old stuff in parts. theres ''special'' stuff as well but i dont tell to not kill the magic.

ericTHEpinch
VoivodFan
Member # 54

posted March 10, 2006 03:14     Profile for ericTHEpinch   Email ericTHEpinch     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
does the tracklisting for the new album been post here before ?

if not i have it i can post it. might be old news, im not sure if its on the net or not yet.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted March 10, 2006 05:18     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool... anyone know the release date. My ears are itchin'!
Anyway
VoivodFan
Member # 594

posted March 10, 2006 07:49     Profile for Anyway   Email Anyway     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Somewhere in june, except 6th..
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted March 10, 2006 08:33     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
6/6/6? I see a voivod listening party at my place...
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted March 10, 2006 09:12     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericTHEpinch:
does the tracklisting for the new album been post here before ?

if not i have it i can post it. might be old news, im not sure if its on the net or not yet.

i'm looking forward to hearing this. i don't think i've seen a track listing yet.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 10, 2006 09:33     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AngelRat:
Every morning. I wake up. Mourning. After another endless night of insomnia. My throat hoarse from screaming at nightmarish interludes between endless lapses of nothing. Staring at the ceiling. Mourning. Dehydrated and soulless I carry my lifeless body out of my coffin. Slowly I crawl towards the mirror. I stare back at two bloodshot eyes staring at me. Mourning. Soulless. My aching limbs painfully carry my empty self towards my pc. Fingers like bones move over the keyboard logging me in. Looking at the burning screen my dead eyes are hungering for any info regarding...

KATORZ!!!
(Am I fucking impatient or what!?)

*sighs*...gotta love AR.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted March 10, 2006 10:06       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here's the song listing.This is from a BW&BK article.The link it at the bottom of this post.

Comprised of ten tracks that will grace the new opus, here is a quick track-by-track description of what we can expect:

'Dognation' - The opening track pretty much sets the stage in traditional Voivod-ian fashion with its massive hypnotic tones searing forth through a powerful groove, Jason Newsted's powerful bass tone, elegantly crafted pounding drums, and Snake's traditional distinct savvy metallic vocals, all coming at you in full-force. And this is only the beginning...

'X-Tremetal' - I kinda like to call this one the "driving song", with its upbeat and catchy tone pretty much being the dominating force with powerful guitar breakdowns which have that trademark Piggy surgical resonance. It appears almost as if Snake is singing about driving a cool car, and driving it fast, with his "Let's roll..." line bringing an infectious tone to it all.

'Polaroids' - The rock vibe continues to follow-through, but this time, subtly juxtaposed with more of Piggy's dissonant riff structures, which almost sound strangulating in nature, but then let up for the flow, while ominously returning for the kill.

'After All' - Piggy's guitar histrionics continue to morph, grind, and twist, once again creating good dialogue with Jason Newsted's bass pulsations on those monstrous breakdowns (that make metalcore breakdowns look like something The Backstreet Boys would write) and groove parts. Snake's vocals continue to infectuate as the song's climax has the singer vocally swaying, "Been there, done that..."

'No Angel' - Definitely one of the standout tracks on the album. Beginning with a very dark and spacey segment with Piggy's layered guitar ambience, said weird guitar ambience remains a dominating factor in this song. The groove laid down on this song is incredibly powerful, as Piggy's dark buzzsaw guitar solo makes its appearance in its machine-like coldness. Incredible!

'Mr. Clean' - If there were to be a first-single from the album, 'Mr. Clean' would probably be it. An infectious and an unforgivingly catchy vibe pretty much dominates this song, giving this track such an amicable character that you cannot help but simply smile in joy.

'Red My Mind' - Begins with a consistent build-up crescendo tone that lasts until the 2:20 mark and then breaks into that unforgiving wall-of-sound effect until it breaks back into those traditional, and dominating, dissonant grooves.

'Silly Clones' - Beginning with a pulsating bass, this is one of the shortest songs on the album with its wickedly playful tones being juxtaposed with heaving riff strums that almost have this call-and-response effect with each other. On top of that, prose-wise, Snake once again proves that he is one of the most unique poets in metal.

'Odds And Frauds' - The permeating recurring line that Snake huffs out, "The politicians always want more", is a characteristic of such a track that heavily builds up on guitar resonance with darker guitar ambience that permeates over the mid-paced groove until the climax builds itself up amongst a unsettling noise breakdown.

'The Getaway' - The album ends on a solid rocking note, but the one thing that stood out on this track is this dark guitar undercurrent that subtly sneaks in within the background of the sound-picture, distinguishing itself in its chameleon-like manner, almost gazing amongst the dominating pummeling rock. As the song climaxes, its pace slows down, and then abruptly stops.

album listing

IP: Logged
JCN1971
VoivodFan
Member # 742

posted March 10, 2006 13:34     Profile for JCN1971   Email JCN1971     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
Cool... anyone know the release date. My ears are itchin'!

Yeah, It's mid-June.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted March 20, 2006 17:02     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Unless Jason's plastic-surgery-ed pic will grace the cover of Katorz, I don't see it as very important at all, being that it was VOIVOD's new album's listening party, not Jasonic's plastic surgery exibition. Buuut, inquiring minds want to know, I presume...

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted March 20, 2006 23:46       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
why would anyone care about that?
IP: Logged

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan