my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Before & After (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Before & After
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted March 08, 2006 12:30     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Eddie Van Halen BEFORE...

Eddie Van Halen AFTER...

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted March 08, 2006 12:48     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Before:

After:

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted March 08, 2006 15:08     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Before:

After:

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted March 08, 2006 15:49     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Meth?
Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted March 08, 2006 17:06     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by guidon:
Meth?

Probly a mixture of alcohol, age, ciggs, and meth.

--------------------

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted March 08, 2006 19:33     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Before

After

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 08, 2006 20:03     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
THEN

NOW

ok that was bad, sorry

--------------------

yawn

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted March 09, 2006 01:03     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
goddamn Schroeder! That was sick and funny! My side hurts!!!!!!

I am glad I quit smoking! Jeez EVH And Richards look like hell!
We need a 'vomit' graemlin! Bleaaaargh!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted March 09, 2006 04:53     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My idol then:

...and recently:

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 09, 2006 19:06     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
and they say metal heads are fucked up!!!!

Damn, that's worse than those screwed up death metal guys it their makeup.

--------------------

yawn

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted March 10, 2006 16:06     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My point exactly schroed Can you recognize him (or should I say 'it'?) That's Boy George from Culture Club, 1985 and 2003. Nice development from a hatchling to a full blown intergalactic thingy, eh? He's one of my wife's fave artists of all time...and she likes Voivod too!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted March 10, 2006 17:20     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I ought to point out that the 1985 pic of "Boy" George O'Dowd was taken at the pinnicle of his heroin addiction. The 'after' pic is taken at the height of Boy George's Boy George addiction.

I have an issue of 'Smash Hits' circa 1985 with a big photo feature special of Boy George taking a holiday at Disney World. There he is, standing next to Mickey. There he is, standing next to Goofy. With hindsight, he is SO obviously skagged out of his fucking mind whilst incongriously performing half-hearted PR for his (then) ailing pop career it's a gem of genius music journalism. Dark glasses, shaved head, filthy frumpy clothes covered in stains of food, glue and 'other'. Did the photographer know? The chances are very much so that he did. Welcome to Smash Hits circa 1985.

If my scanner was working I'd share it with y'all.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted March 10, 2006 18:13     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
well get your scanner to work then......

--------------------

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted March 10, 2006 20:12     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
ok that was bad, sorry

WTF Shcroeder?!?! So unlike you...funny though

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted March 11, 2006 07:41     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Before:

After:

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted March 11, 2006 10:20     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
well get your scanner to work then......

I'll second that

--------------------

String em up

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted March 12, 2006 23:00     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AngelRat:
Before:

After:

That's sad.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted March 13, 2006 03:06     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Forgive my utter ignorance, but 'oooz that? Marc Bolan? Seems he begun with glamour and moved on to doom. Cool!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted March 13, 2006 03:55     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's Syd Barret after too many Mind expanders

Is he still in his own world or is he in better shape nowadays?

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted March 13, 2006 05:09     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I read an interview conducted with his nephew (iirc?). Syd is apparantly much happier.
He doesn't like to be reminded, or maybe just isn't interested, of his past in Floyd.
He just wants to be left alone. The tone of the interview was very affectionate and warm.

Which sounds much like Scott Walker's or Don van Vliet's attitude.

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted March 13, 2006 07:07     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Probably walking down to the local Pub. He seem to be in a hurry, so that's probably it

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 13, 2006 08:58     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Syd doesn't look that bad...but EVH??? Thats scary.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 13, 2006 14:20     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
EVH looks like Witchie Poo from HR Puffenstuff .

Honestly, how far do you think Floyd woulda gone if Syd styed in the band? I understand his contribution to the early Floyd (very psych pop) but they became so much more that what he was contributing and I just don't think they would have created the music they did if he had remained. His departure gave Waters and Gilmour more room to grow and experiment in ways I doubt they would have with Barrett. Just my opinion.

--------------------

yawn

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted March 13, 2006 17:53     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

What happened! Last time I looked he was leaping about all over the backcover of VH2!?

quote:

Honestly, how far do you think Floyd woulda gone if Syd styed in the band? I understand his contribution to the early Floyd (very psych pop) but they became so much more that what he was contributing and I just don't think they would have created the music they did if he had remained. His departure gave Waters and Gilmour more room to grow and experiment in ways I doubt they would have with Barrett. Just my opinion.[/QB]

Fair enough. I suspect you're right, FLoyd with Barrett could only ever have had a couple of albums in them. As it actually happened, it was only one!
Speaking personally I'd swap the entire post-Barrett Pink Floyd catalogue for just "Barrett" or even the song "Octopus' Garden" fromn that album. Again though, even by the next sessions it was clear something was very awry in Syd's head.

GIlmour's playings lovely, but the albums post "Saucerful" I sold long, long ago to fund a "Can" / "King Crimson" addiction. I don't regret it in the slightest.

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted March 14, 2006 01:04     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

I loved that show as a kid!

I'm starting to see a resemblance between EVH and my dad!
Whaddya think Luna and Hypersis?

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan