my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Metallica enlist Rick Rubin (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Metallica enlist Rick Rubin
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted March 02, 2006 18:40     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
for the producer of the next album.

http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=14828

I don't know how old this "news" is, but it's new to me. There still might be hope for Metallica afterall.....yeah, probably not.

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

|  IP: Logged
MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted March 02, 2006 19:03     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It won't hurt, that's for sure.
Huck Finn
VoivodFan
Member # 585

posted March 02, 2006 19:33     Profile for Huck Finn   Email Huck Finn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well that move is about 16 years too late.....

--------------------

Here we go Steelers, here we go!

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted March 02, 2006 20:06       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i've heard a little of what there working on.I don't know if it's gonna be on the new album or if it was finished but it wasnt much better than the last album...but it was better.
IP: Logged
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted March 02, 2006 21:05     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's going to be a grind polka album. Lard told me he's been practising really hard and that he can go over 300 bpm for ten minutes straight, with his left hand that is. Janes on the other hand has taken tango singing lessons for that extra romantic deep tone á la Ville Valo, the HIM frontman, and will only play clean major open chords from now on. Needless to say, I'm absolutely thrilled at the news

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted March 02, 2006 21:32     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, Rick Rubin jumpstarted Johnny Cash by stripping him down to the bare essentials. The same could be said about good 'ol Neil Diamond!

Obviously he knows the difference between good and bad, so maybe he'll knock some sense into them! I'm hoping he'll get James back into writing catchy guitar melodies again, as well as having him concentrate more on his vocals and less on ad-libbing them.

--------------------

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted March 02, 2006 22:09     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think Janes should get really drunk as well and kick Lards ass! He seemed to write some great shit when he was shit faced.
I'm just tired of them so it's going to take a freakin' masterpiece ala Puppets to get me to buy their shit from here on out. Hell, the last time I bought anything from that band was Load and I lent it to a friend and didn't care that he never returned that piece of shit!
Thank Dog for

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

RIFLEFIST
VoivodFan
Member # 180

posted March 02, 2006 22:26     Profile for RIFLEFIST   Email RIFLEFIST     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hetfields voice is soooooooooooooo tired sounding. So it's gonna suck no matter what!

still too much of this shit" Ohhhh YEAH YEAH!"

The've already lost all their creds.Fuck'em!

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted March 02, 2006 22:39     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RIFLEFIST:
still too much of this shit" Ohhhh YEAH YEAH!"

haha!! yeah, that's EXACTLY what I'm talking about...f'n drives me nuts!!

--------------------

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted March 02, 2006 22:55     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Black Cloud:
haha!! yeah, that's EXACTLY what I'm talking about...f'n drives me nuts!!

Damn straight!
"For whom the bell tollsAHH! Time marches onAHHHH!" Just awful.

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

shargraves
VoivodFan
Member # 575

posted March 03, 2006 05:55     Profile for shargraves   Email shargraves     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Die, die, die-ahhh, Die, die, die-ahhh"

Now you mention it, I haven't listened to them in years, but its coming back to me.

Thats really annoying-ah!

That drum sound off Stanger was awful. I downloaded the album (sue me lars) and deleted it about 5 minutes later - as it was utter garbage.

Having said that rubin has done great stuff with Johnny Cash and Neil Diamond, so maybe he can turn Hetty & co. into respectable crooning old men.

--------------------

Steven Hargraves
Rhythm Guitar in Monstrance
https://www.facebook.com/monstranceofficial

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted March 03, 2006 11:08     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
One of the best Rick Rubin songs of the last couple years? Jay-Z "99 Problems". Awesome.
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted March 03, 2006 12:24     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
kay(oah) ew(nah) esson(lah)! lease(pah) on't(dah) ate(hah) e(mah) or(fah) his(tah).

ere's(hah) he(tah) fficial(oah) etallatin(mah) hread(tah)...

You know how I know I'm gay?

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted March 03, 2006 12:33     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:

Because I once saw you make a spinach dip in a sourdough bread bowl!

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted March 03, 2006 14:25     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Johnny Cash and Neil Diamond have been mentionned twice in this thread, but I haven't seen one name yet:

SLAYER

I mean, Rick Rubin... "Reign In Blood", dude!

Also, if you like to laugh at Jaymezzz, have a listen to Beatallica. Hilarious!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 03, 2006 14:53     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey:
Because I once saw you make a spinach dip in a sourdough bread bowl!

haha !

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted March 03, 2006 20:14     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know if it's been mentioned already, but Rick Rubin is also producing Slayer's next album...
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted March 03, 2006 22:26     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
kay(oah) ew(nah) esson(lah)! lease(pah) on't(dah) ate(hah) e(mah) or(fah) his(tah).

That isn't pig-latin!

--------------------

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted March 03, 2006 22:29     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldorrröööaaarrr:I mean, Rick Rubin... "Reign In Blood", dude!

Well he should be, afterall Dave is back!!!

*actually I heard he's only co-producing...he's got a lot on his plate already with Metallica!

--------------------

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted March 03, 2006 22:36     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anthony:
One of the best Rick Rubin songs of the last couple years? Jay-Z "99 Problems". Awesome.

You are correct, sir! I'm an '80's rap fan...Public Enemy, Ice T, NWA, fucking rule!

That song really brought me back to how rap used to be before it got mixed up with all of that shitty R&B!

--------------------

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted March 06, 2006 18:31     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can't even listen to Master of Puppets anymore.

--------------------

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted March 07, 2006 00:22     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

What the hell is that? It's clear that the winter in the Northeast has turned your brain into a mini-glacier! Come home quick for some warm sun and hot green chili!

--------------------

marco
VoivodFan
Member # 34

posted March 07, 2006 05:42     Profile for marco   Email marco     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I d'like to hear the new Metallica as he would be produced by Rick as the new Slayer...
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted March 07, 2006 14:17     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Even though they haven't released an album I'd want to listen to since 'Justice', the topic header did inspire me to let out a small, almost inaudable 'yay!'

I guess thats because the first four albums are SO good. Could go either way, couldn't it? Surely they've still got excellent music in them?

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted March 07, 2006 14:25     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Crap that's better produced is still crap.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan