my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Trouble @ voivod.net

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Trouble @ voivod.net
Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted February 27, 2006 23:17     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I visit the site every so often to see if there are any posts by Away. But it seems the site has been the target of some lame hackers recently... this is posted on the front page:

---------------------------------

"Voivod.net has been closed indefinitely due to someone hacking into

the website for spamming purposes and getting the hosting company to ban the website.

The lack of support from the band also makes me wonder if the task of

moving this website somewhere else is worth it, so the future looks uncertain.

Thanks, Yuri"

------------------------------------

I know there's always been a bit of 'us and them' between .net and vvf, but it would be sad to see the site shut down - there is a lot of good fan material on there. Although I must admit, I enjoy the vvf forum a lot more - it's much busier for a start.
The .net forums are still working it seems - not sure for how much longer.

|  IP: Logged
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted February 28, 2006 00:38     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So this what it sounds like, when doves cry...

Sucks about the spamming. The whining and the airing of dirty laundry, however, is pathetic.

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted February 28, 2006 01:34       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
he should donate his rare pics and waves to this site so they can get appreciate by all who visit here,if he has any.I havent been to that site in years so i'm not sure what he had there.
IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted February 28, 2006 03:56     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tried to visit it, seems lost in space...

I realy feel sorry for those guys. They have some kind of community like we have. Would be a shame if ours got lost too.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted February 28, 2006 08:08     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
Would be a shame if ours got lost too.

Not gonna happen anytime soon.

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted February 28, 2006 08:09     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Voivod.com message board is hacked. Looks like this is the only show in town!
Huck Finn
VoivodFan
Member # 585

posted February 28, 2006 09:39     Profile for Huck Finn   Email Huck Finn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seeate:
[QB]
The lack of support from the band [QB]

shocking

--------------------

Here we go Steelers, here we go!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted February 28, 2006 10:00     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The lack of support from the band is not surprising, seen the ammount of shit thrown by Away at this very site. Looks like the band never liked any kind of support.

Never got back at that site since joining this Forum, but anyway the news suck.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted February 28, 2006 12:28     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Guess the pms episode is over... it's back.
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted February 28, 2006 13:00     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yuri has a ton of stuff too, i think the loss would suck.
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted February 28, 2006 14:07     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now playing...'Losing My Religion' by REM...for Yuri.

Seriously though, it really sucks to see a VV site get hacked like that.
In light of what Voivod has been through in the past few months...nobody needs this.

Cthon
Member # 156

posted February 28, 2006 17:37     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
speakin of Trouble...

The music is finished for the new C.D. Simple Mind Condition. Eric will be finished by the end of Nov 2005 and the release date has been set for March 2006.

"Trouble live in Stockholm" DVD in late Jan 2006. Tours and festivals are already in the works for the spring & summer of 2006. Also, Dates are being discussed for the re-release of the first two CDs (Psalm, Skull) for sometime in 2006. To sum it up, There will be plenty of Trouble in the New Year. More than ever.
http://www.newtrouble.com/

thats what i was hoping this thread would be about; serious thanks, Corpse.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 02, 2006 07:19     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
one word for what happened to Yuri's site:
K A R M A

you get back what you put out

as for the real TROUBLE... I can't wait for the new material to be released. I've always been a fan and always looking forward to new material. Doom at it's best and most creative.

--------------------

yawn

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted March 02, 2006 10:55     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
VV.NET is back online for you who are interested. Happy for those guys.

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan