my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » FIN-SWE Torino 2006

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FIN-SWE Torino 2006
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted February 25, 2006 17:00     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The clash of the century tomorrow at 15.00 GMT+2...I can't sleep, eat, think or breath so I must only drink. Cheers Uffe!

BTW, if we lose and you win, I will sacrifice ten thousand virgins so that the gods would plague Foppa and Mats "Finland-Slayer" Sundin with uncountable venereal diseases! No, I'm not a very good loser

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

|  IP: Logged
Blackguard
VoivodFan
Member # 61

posted February 25, 2006 20:28     Profile for Blackguard   Email Blackguard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Man, you're so lucking, I'm from Canada...
Go Finland Go !!!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted February 26, 2006 04:18     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Was cheering for Czech Republic and/or Russia.
Well that didnt work out so GO FINLAND i guess.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted February 26, 2006 11:49     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thats the way it goes!

Congratulations Sweden on your victory.

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted February 26, 2006 18:34     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bummer...first we play seven good games, and when there's gold on offer we suck. Typical. Congratulations to the Tre Kronor, I'm about to slit my wrists now. Or maybe not.

It seems the pressure was too much for our team, they just stood there frozen for most of the game whereas the Swedes remained cool and calm, scoring the necessary goals and controlling the puck. Such a shame that we didn't put up a decent fight. Oh well, only four years to the next opportunity

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted February 27, 2006 02:08     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There's only one thing to say:

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted February 27, 2006 07:06     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aaaand, may i also not that King Henrik made another of his routine saves the last seconds. Jokinen seemed to be joking about it after the game

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted February 27, 2006 19:43     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now, now boys....play nice.

I thought it was an excellent game, actually. Both teams were a little tight in the first period but it got going in the second and the third was great! Unfortunately for Finland the third was also Henrik Lundqvist's best period of the whole tournament. I was a little depressed for the Finns. Hate to see a happy guy like Teemu Selanne looking so sad.

Oh well...better luck next time!

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted February 28, 2006 16:02     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, soccer!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted March 03, 2006 13:02     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey V!
I really hope you win the Worldchamps this time, beating us in the final. It's your damn turn to smile at last.

Had to drink a sixpack just to be able to write that

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted March 03, 2006 19:03     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahaha...you crazy fucker! It would have taken me at least two sixpacks to say something like that if we had won! Don't pity your arch enemy, you should gloat in your victory and mock us puny losers every time there's a chance...that is, until the Olympic Committee takes away your gold medals because of that sponsorship mess

Somehow I don't feel excited at all when I think of the WCs. Ah well, maybe my depression will lift when the time comes...

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan