my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Katorz!! (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Katorz!!
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted February 22, 2006 09:30     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, we knew that... but it's all over blabbermouth now.

" Canada's pioneering metal band VOIVOD have set "Katorz" as the title of their forthcoming album, due out late spring on The End Records in North America and Nuclear Blast Records in Europe."

|  IP: Logged
CanuckOutcast
VoivodFan
Member # 739

posted February 22, 2006 09:32     Profile for CanuckOutcast   Email CanuckOutcast     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
New VOIVOD album title revealed

Canada’s pioneering metal band VOIVOD have set “Katorz” as the title of their forthcoming album due out late spring on THE END RECORDS in North America.

VOIVOD, who just finished mixing the album with producer Glen Robinson (Tea Party, GWAR) at Multisons studio in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, are now mastering the album in New York.

The follow-up to 2003's "Voivod" is the first album in the band's 20-plus-year career that did not feature founding guitarist Denis "Piggy" D'Amour working alongside his bandmembers in the studio. D'Amour died August 26, 2005 in a Montreal hospital from complications of advanced colon cancer.

In order to record “Katorz,” drummer Michael "Away" Langevin, singer Denis “Snake” Belanger and bassist Jason "Jasonic" Newsted utilized all of the guitar parts that Piggy had recorded for the record on his laptop with ProTools before his death.

Artwork and a full track-listing for the album will be released in the coming weeks.

More info: www.voivod.com | www.voivod.net | www.voivodfan.com

--------------------

I want ALL your vinyl -- or else!

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted February 22, 2006 09:35     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
New VOIVOD album title revealed

due out late spring

Hope i can wait THAT long....

Best news possible though

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted February 22, 2006 09:49     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just in case you're wondering what the title means, Katorz is "quatorze" in french, and "fourteen" in english. How many albums does the band has recorded? ...

Great title.

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

CanuckOutcast
VoivodFan
Member # 739

posted February 22, 2006 09:53     Profile for CanuckOutcast   Email CanuckOutcast     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They gave it a nice VOIVOD-ian spin with the spelling

--------------------

I want ALL your vinyl -- or else!

Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted February 22, 2006 10:02     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
it's a real Magma (the great french band from the 70s) kind of title - I can see Away's influence on this.

Çé pas mal cool.

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted February 22, 2006 10:11     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Halaine Peau:
Just in case you're wondering what the title means, Katorz is "quatorze" in french, and "fourteen" in english. How many albums does the band has recorded? ...

Great title.

Thank you for answering my question that i didnt get to ask because you answered it already.

This album is gonna be really special.
I will cherish every single note from Piggy's Guitar.

Cheers to Voivod!
*Has a shot of Kentucky's finest Whiskey*

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted February 22, 2006 10:14     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Like I said, that entire discussion already happened almost a year ago.

Right here.

It's funny to see how you sing such a different tune now, Kula.

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted February 22, 2006 10:45     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

*Has a shot of Kentucky's finest Whiskey*

Wonderful news.

About the whiskey though... which one do you reckon that to be... there's hundreds!

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted February 22, 2006 12:06     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Late spring? When's "late spring"? Is that April/May? Surely June would be "early summer" right?

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

code
VoivodFan
Member # 192

posted February 22, 2006 12:41     Profile for code   Email code     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Katorz is a very strange name imo. But the more i think of it the more i like it.

--------------------

Tonight we celebrate!

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted February 22, 2006 12:52     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The first time I saw it written out, my instinct was that Jason suggested it after years upon years of Metallikatz/Jaymz/Larz/Puppetz influence.
Huck Finn
VoivodFan
Member # 585

posted February 22, 2006 13:26     Profile for Huck Finn   Email Huck Finn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like it, neat play on words.

It reminds me when I first met wifey how hard my in laws laughed when I tried to say the town they live in.

Repetingy =(in english phonetics)RAPANSIGNEE

I pronounced it RE-PET-IN-GEE, and couldnt get it right. They still make fun of me for that.

Stupid American

--------------------

Here we go Steelers, here we go!

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted February 22, 2006 13:39       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
o.k. ,what are the 13 albums?

1.War and Pain
2.Roar
3.Killing Technology
4.Dimension Hatross
5.Nothingface
6.Angel Rat
7.The Outer Limits
8.Negatron
9.Nanoman(is this considered an album?)
10.Phobos
11.Kronik
12.Lives
13.Voivod

IP: Logged
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted February 22, 2006 13:43     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You forgot Best of Voivod - Nanoman isn't considered one...
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted February 22, 2006 13:45       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i never thought of a "Best of" as a new album but if that's what they want to call then i guess it is.

So anybody know if the Euro release will have a bonus track?

IP: Logged
SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted February 22, 2006 17:10     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cant wait to see what the artwork AWAY will create for this album...it will surely be kick ass !!

--------------------

only flowers remain...flowers to step on...flowers to burn...

Surf/Slam82
VoivodFan
Member # 741

posted February 22, 2006 23:14     Profile for Surf/Slam82   Email Surf/Slam82     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
sounds like the name of a dorky
80's video game

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted February 22, 2006 23:46     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
latest news! here's the artwork...

rok on.
can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted February 23, 2006 07:48     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Surf/Slam82:
sounds like the name of a dorky
80's video game

And "Gorf" isnt? ;-)

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted February 23, 2006 09:55     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool!!
"Katorz" sounds quite Voivodian to me. Also nice because in Spanish we say "catorce" (14), which sounds almost the same.

14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted February 23, 2006 10:33     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
14...Četrnaest in Hrvatski.
DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted February 23, 2006 10:56     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And "Number 14" was the nickname and official playersnumber of Johan Cruijff. Only the best use this number

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted February 23, 2006 11:54     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was once 14 years old.

Eerie.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted February 23, 2006 12:40     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, it's "catorze" or "quatorze" in Portuguese, so it's almost the same here as well.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan