my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod radio

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Voivod radio
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted February 22, 2006 08:51     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Check this place out: http://www.pandora.com/

I just went there and typed in Voivod, and in return they started playing me some tunes I 'might' like.

So far I've had Carcass, Kreator and the 'vod themselves. mmmmMarvellous.

|  IP: Logged
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted February 23, 2006 04:02     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks H! Excellent link, I got Chaosmöngers, Destruction's Release from agony + other stuff I love!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted February 23, 2006 06:17     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
!Genius!

After a couple of (very) near misses, the unmistakable intro "One of Us", by Kreator comes storming in(ha.) - just about my favourite thrash intro ever.

I thought I'd bamboozle it with "The Halo Benders" later, but it was beyond bamboozling... clever thing.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 23, 2006 18:40     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
funny, I just went to Pandora before coming here and reading the post... how ironic. A freind sent me an email about it, so I typed in Pocupine Tree and so far I've only been listening to Porcupine Tree. I'm curious who they cross reference them with.
cool idea

--------------------

yawn

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 12, 2006 09:31     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry for the B.U.M.P. but I have to say thank you for making me discover Pandora. I'm hooked on this thing!

Now, heads up schroeder, Mez, Tangento, and all lovers of weird shit, go check out Ariel Pink, I was blown away last night by his music.

Think of an ultra-lo-fi Frank Zappa and you get the idea. He sounds like an old Mothers album played on AM radio. Ariel Pink records his albums on an 8-track and does the drums... with his mouth! It's that good!

And then, after that, Pandora puts a swedish band called Dungen, that I thought was pretty neat too.

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted May 12, 2006 11:16     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldororz:

Think of an ultra-lo-fi Frank Zappa and you get the idea. He sounds like an old Mothers album played on AM radio. Ariel Pink records his albums on an 8-track and does the drums... with his mouth! It's that good!

It is. Good find.
quote:

And then, after that, Pandora puts a swedish band called Dungen, that I thought was pretty neat too.[/QB]

Dungen are great. Also check out "The Gris Gris.", a sort of extra-monged early Spacemen 3 / Floyd sound.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan