next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » VOIVOD Finish Mixing New Album

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: VOIVOD Finish Mixing New Album
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted February 22, 2006 00:27       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
VOIVOD Finish Mixing New Album - Feb. 22, 2006

Legendary Canadian experimental metallers VOIVOD have finished mixing their much-anticipated new album with producer Glen Robinson (VOIVOD's "Nothingface", TEA PARTY, GWAR) at Multisons studio in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Drummer Michael "Away' Langevin has checked in with the following update:

"We just finished the mixing of the album. Glen, Jason [Newsted, bass], Snake [Denis Belanger, vocals] and I worked some crazy shifts to make sure that all the parts blend properly. Of course, we gave the guitar a particular attention. We really didn't want Piggy to be low in the mix. Glen is back in New York City and he's taking the album to Howie Weinberg for mastering today. Now I have to finish the art!"

The follow-up to 2003's "Voivod" is the first album in the band's 20-plus-year career that will not feature founding guitarist Denis "Piggy" D'Amour working alongside his bandmembers in the studio. D'Amour died August 26, 2005 in a Montreal hospital from complications of advanced colon cancer.

In order to record the album, Belanger, drummer Michael "Away" Langevin and bassist Jason "Jasonic" Newsted are utilizing all of the guitar parts that Piggy had recorded for the record on his laptop with ProTools before his death.

VOIVOD's as-yet-untitled new album should surface sometime later this year on The End Records in North America.

IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted February 22, 2006 02:17     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah!

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

|  IP: Logged
Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted February 22, 2006 04:57     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I second that 'yeah!'

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted February 22, 2006 05:47     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd just like to add...

FUCK YEAH!!!

CanuckOutcast
VoivodFan
Member # 739

posted February 22, 2006 07:15     Profile for CanuckOutcast   Email CanuckOutcast     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mores news coming today....

--------------------

I want ALL your vinyl -- or else!

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted February 22, 2006 07:26     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yay! Good news are fun. I like 'em.
Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted February 23, 2006 00:14     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Oh Gods of Morgoth. Hear me now! Please don't let crazies nuke our home planet, EARTH, before the release of KATORZ! No nukes are good nukes oh Lords of PHOBOS! The Iron Gang, along with the Warriors Of Ice shall fight for peace, at least until late spring! Remember as You sit there in Your Hypercubes puffing Away at your sacred hookas that Killing Technology never does any good. We don't want our world Forgotten to the Cockroaches. May the KRONIK keep You enlightened, Oh Lords of the great Cosmic Drama! Jack, Luminate us and Fix our Hearts!"

Ah-women
To The Death!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

elly
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 758

posted February 23, 2006 17:05     Profile for elly   Email elly     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
When will this so expected album come to Europe? In France?

It will be hard to wait.....

Elly.

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted February 24, 2006 00:30     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by elly:
When will this so expected album come to Europe? In France?

It will be hard to wait.....

Elly.

Soon my child, soon.
Spring is the latest.
woof

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Nico
VoivodFan
Member # 567

posted February 24, 2006 06:06     Profile for Nico   Email Nico     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hell yeah!!!!!!!!!
I'll be the first one in Milan (italy) to buy it!!!!!!
Soooooooo sweeeet!!!!!
BTW:what about dvod 2???I was expecting it by the end of 2005....am I wrong?

--------------------

PAIN MAKES ME STRONGER EVERYDAY

Surf/Slam82
VoivodFan
Member # 741

posted February 24, 2006 14:27     Profile for Surf/Slam82   Email Surf/Slam82     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by biareus:
hell yeah!!!!!!!!!
I'll be the first one in Milan (italy) to buy it!!!!!!
Soooooooo sweeeet!!!!!
BTW:what about dvod 2???I was expecting it by the end of 2005....am I wrong?

You're a slave driver !

I want a shirt with the War and Pain cover on it ! Long sleeve pls.

continue your Voivod X-mas list here !

(headlining tour , hint hint)

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan